( search forums )
John Woo mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
December 27, 2003, 12:13 am
I had this thought while having a poop [8D]

Probably most suitable in a deathmatch enviroment and exluding some 1 shot weapons, all guns do half damage but have no reloads.

And to add some comedy the law fires in slow motion, moving an inch a second while soldat's continue running around at normal speed.

...just a cheap and simple idea...

morpheus
December 27, 2003, 12:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
I had this thought while having a poop

no offense, but this is really the only part that made sense to me.

if the weapons are doing half damage and have no reload, then wouldn't they be way out of balance?

maybe you could elaborate some more.

Squal
December 27, 2003, 12:16 am
......Strangely enough , it sounds fun to me ^-^ ....I'd like to try that :) ..btw.. wtc is John Woo? ;p

muzzmastah
December 27, 2003, 3:06 am
john woo is a very good action movie director. If you've heard of the movie "paycheck" (which i just saw today, as a matter of fact), that movie was directed by him. It just came out here in the U.S., so you in holland prolly havent seen/heard of it yet.

I think we should get to make it slow-mo and do funky kung-fu dodge/fighting stuff like matrix or w/e. realistic damage/physics/accuracy, too? I dont like the half-damage/infinite magazine idea, but i like the prospect of john woo mode. that would be neat.

Sithak
December 27, 2003, 3:21 am
sounds interesting to me
but if u took out the none reloading thing and had like 3-5 reloads it would balnce it out and u would have to use more then one gun to kill ppl

i really like the slowed down law tho im interested in this idea and would like to try it

muzzmastah
December 27, 2003, 3:35 am
that would be funny if the law was movin all slow and then some1 like jumped right into it lol

"ive got the flag! ive got the flag! returning ----
oh, sh1t."

Weed
December 27, 2003, 4:47 am
John Woo directed many "kung fu" if we can call them like that movies, he directs action movies that are really good ones... i think he also directed "bulletproof monk" but i might be wrong, he has some great directing skills, and his movies look fuken great...
anyway, the idea can be fun if guns fall of the sky... no health packs, and stupid nades...
the slow law thing can be cool if all the server slow down toghther when someone shoots the law, or any wep, which brings us to the slow motion idea that was posted before, and also ditched very fast, which brings us even closer to the conclusion of my post.
stop having ideas from ur ass, litherally ;)

Sithak
December 27, 2003, 4:52 am
lol i still think the law idea is pretty sweet lol

villekallio
December 27, 2003, 8:14 am
What about making all the bullets half speed but normal powered. :P

morpheus
December 27, 2003, 8:21 am
then they'd be way to easy to dodge and the game would take forever

Sithak
December 27, 2003, 8:23 am
or make the bullets half speed and double the damage and gravuty low

LiL_FuKa
December 27, 2003, 9:10 pm
How about simply adding a completely slow motion mode?

y0da
December 27, 2003, 10:54 pm
John Woo is a cool, asian film maker! I know him from Max Payne and the laundry... hehehehe... but my heart is still broken... [:-brokenheart] and [:-cry]!

NuZZ
December 28, 2003, 3:27 am
nice

Sgt. Slaughter
December 29, 2003, 4:53 pm
i do like the idea, but think of the soldats doing this sh!t. Theses guys are soldiers, not Crouching tigers. Its not like all of us like Tom Cruise (ugh!) in MI: 2 (also directed by John Woo). I really doubt Michal will add it, but if this topic is for fun, then go ahead, have a laugh.

Malk
December 29, 2003, 5:10 pm
The slomo moe is a good idea [;)] But if we have a slomo mode, we'll need a fast action mode too [:P] It would be great for training too.. We want it! [:D]

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 7:59 pm
lol yea but in slow motion everyone will have time to think therefore everyones skill will shoot up threw the roof