( search forums )
Interface: Uplink [NEW: UNREGISTERED VERSION]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 1:22 am
EDIT: I fixed the unreg version, because the vest bar was slightly warped. Same download.

Unregistered version (Version 2.1b)
[IMAGE]

New aiming cursor (Version 2.1)
[IMAGE]

Constructive criticisms please. If you say you like it/dislike it, tell me why. I'll be working on this if you guys give me some feedback.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.1b (Unregistered): http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/sauron_the_deceiver/200412165726_Uplink2.1bunregfix.zip - UNZIP TO SOLDAT DIRECTORY - this will replace your interface files, backing the default files up is recommended.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.1 (Registered): http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/sauron_the_deceiver/20031230131347_Uplink2.1.zip - UNZIP TO CUSTOM INTERFACES

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2003, 1:24 am
Wow that's great, I love the heart rate thing. That thing is ubersechs. I would use this if it wasn't for the fact that I use Henchin mod. The only other crit is maybe give it a color theme? Oh well, good stuff.

Great job STD.

kkazican
December 27, 2003, 1:28 am
Cool. The heart rate thing is a nice effect.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 2:27 am
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
maybe give it a color theme?

How do you mean?

And stop calling me STD!

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2003, 2:44 am
Sorry, STD.

Well, maybe make several versions of the mod?

Like, all blue shades, light for health, medium for ammo, dark for jets.

Same for red, green, white, or any other color?

Would be better cool to see a "fading" blue with taht mod.

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 27, 2003, 7:49 am
looks really good but iam not registered boohoo

Sithak
December 27, 2003, 8:00 am
man thats a nice inter face i would like to learn how to do that

sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 10:31 am
LxS: Hmmm...., I'll think about the different shades. Its just you might have difficulty distinguishing in the midst of battle. And I won't do different versions of the mod, because thats pushing it too far...its just an interface, not a program I've been coding for a year =P

I think I'll try a dark red theme.

Sithak: Thanks dude. It wasn't hard to make, all you need is to be registered and to download the interface maker then you're all set. Just get a decent graphics program (I have a brand new spanking PAINT SHOP PRO 8 - hell yeah) and then draw something. Once you draw it all, tweak and fiddle it around until it works. I recommend learning the power and limits of the interface maker first though.

EDIT: Oooh, version 2 (for your enjoyment LxS)

villekallio
December 27, 2003, 11:32 am
Great interface. Too bad i am not registered. The screenshots have one problem. Your using sniper line! Lol.

Liber_Lupus
December 27, 2003, 1:42 pm
heart rate WOO KEWL! But theres something i dont like about this mod, maybe just colors...

N1nj@
December 27, 2003, 2:27 pm
Love the heart rate man. Looks so real.

liquidis x snake
December 27, 2003, 5:06 pm
OMG! Teh Blue colors! TEH SECKS! HAWT SECKS FOR SAURON!

Actually, I won't have a problem at all, given that after playing Soldat for so long I know where they are :P Good [:-censored]e.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 8:27 pm
Are you gonna use the interface permenantly? If so, hawt secks for joo too!

EDIT: Version 2.1

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2003, 5:54 pm
omg I just realized I don't have a Registered Version so I was playing with your interface f-cked up the ass. Who cares, I still use it, as f-cked up as it is. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood sh*t. Too bad I can't tell how much Heath I have that well :P

Edit - New cursor = sex.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 30, 2003, 6:09 pm
You dribbling spoon.

juice _ box
December 30, 2003, 7:34 pm
Verry interesting '_- heart rate thing is verry origanol<---- SPELLING ERROR!!!@@!@

sauron_the_deceiver
December 31, 2003, 10:34 am
Hmm, I might try to make an unregistered version...it'll be laid out differently, but I'll try and keep the same theme.

CardBoardWarrior
December 31, 2003, 7:38 pm
Very good interface however it is a little too big height-wise for my liking.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 1, 2004, 11:36 am
Ooooh, unregistered version - 2.1b

*points to first post*

EDIT: Ooooh, unregistered version fix.

Evolution
January 2, 2004, 9:14 pm
ahh............... its pretty smooth and everything but its kinda
less detailed [add some graphics instead of the txt]

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
January 2, 2004, 10:52 pm
THis looks okay, not the greatest thing in the world but okay. Looks like u used the Pencil Tool with Shift in Photoshop :)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 3, 2004, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Evolution
ahh............... its pretty smooth and everything but its kinda
less detailed [add some graphics instead of the txt]

Hmm, I might do. I was purposefully making it simple and less detailed though...

quote:Originally posted by Kahuna-CorlanMcD
THis looks okay, not the greatest thing in the world but okay. Looks like u used the Pencil Tool with Shift in Photoshop :)

The paintbrush took in paint shop pro 8 actually =)

Alamo
January 12, 2004, 6:28 pm
The Interface looks kewl! *download*

OT: What the hell is ubersechs??? Sounds german but I (as a german) don't understand it :)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 13, 2004, 9:57 pm
Lol, thats LxS. ubersechs = ultrasex. He's calling my interface sexy! =D

Alamo
January 18, 2004, 2:05 am
Alright... ubersechs lol :)

ClanKwH
February 7, 2004, 10:51 am
WTF the dl link wont work RAAAR I WANT IT!

sauron_the_deceiver
February 8, 2004, 8:27 pm
Oh...I took the file down because the interface was off the first page...people still want it! Yay! Hold on a second...

http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php

There. Both the interface versions (reg and unreg) are in there. Go get.

redscitle
February 29, 2004, 4:04 am
Man, I think you should be sued for Copy Right Infringment. Uplink is a video game made by Introversion. http://www.introversion.co.uk/
If you were trying to make a mod for Uplink, then I would say that this is the worst interface ever.
Please, change the name, or make it better, if you intended to incorporate the great game of Uplink into Soldat as an interface mod.

If you were trying to make a mod for Soldat with Uplink as your template, you should use the following to help your sorry 4ss out:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/uplink/screenshots.html

Haro1121
February 29, 2004, 4:13 am
wow i think the noob needs to shut up ,grow some balls,and quit being a prick its a mod.I made a Desert combat mod for soldat a while back oooooo wut now

Deleted User
February 29, 2004, 11:20 am
/me slaps redscitle.

I officially state my mod has NOTHING to do with the game Uplink. I have played Uplink, its a good game, but it didn't inspire me one BIT. The name was just something that came to me.

So next time you feel like bitching at someone because it makes you feel clever stating they should be sued for legal sh*t, shut the f*ck up and make sure you have evidence. Ok, go and headbutt the wall and save me the energy of breaking your nose.

[BTW: This is sauron, I changed account]