( search forums )
World War II Soldat Mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Pierce
December 27, 2003, 8:57 pm
This is my first Soldat Mod, though I've been playing for a long time. Any comments would be nice.

Pics:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

World War II Soldat Modification
--------------------------------
Weapon changes:
USSOCOM = Colt .45
Desert Eagles = Dual Lugers
HK MP5 = Thompson SMG
Ak-74 = MP40
Steyr AUG = Sturmgewehr 44
Spas-12 = Winchester
Ruger 77 = M1 Garand
M79 = Panzerfaust = 30
Barret M82A1 = Gewehr 43
FN Minimi = B.A.R.
XM214 Minigun = Browning M1919
Flamer = Flamethrower
Rambo Bow = Rambo Bow
Flamed Arrows = Flamed Arrows
Combat Knife = Bayonet
Chainsaw = Katana (Japanese officers did carry these back in WW2)
M79 LAW = M20 Bazooka
Frag Grenade = Steilhandgrante (Potato Masher)
Cluster Grenade = Cluster Grenade
Machine gun = MG42

There are also a ton of weapons sounds, so many that I forgot to keep track. The "item pickups" and the Interface graphics have also changed. I worked really hard on this Mod, so I hope you enjoy it.

Bonus:
I've also added my own short, action packed map, "ctf_OmahaB" with Wayoints included. The Red team is the German side, Blues are the Americans. The Reds have the major advantage here, so the recommended team count is:
Red Team - about 10 players/bots
Blue Team - about 20 players/bots
The Red flag is behind the bunker, the Blue one is under the farthest boat. Both are difficult to get..and to escape with. Good luck!

World War II Soldat Mod

Also read the "Information" file for more info and installation instructions.

kkazican
December 27, 2003, 9:02 pm
I like the map and the mod doesn't seem half bad either. But the katana seems out of place.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 27, 2003, 9:14 pm
Wow, that is amazing for your first mod! Thats probably the best WWII mod I've seen, and there has been a few....

sativa
December 27, 2003, 9:27 pm
change the katana and this mod will ROCK

Sithak
December 27, 2003, 9:32 pm
nice job dude u smart! i would love to play the ww2 mod

Hitman
December 27, 2003, 9:46 pm
Holy [:-censored], the map looks amzaing! However, Karia has already made a really good World War II Mod! Good Job though, looks good!

Pierce
December 28, 2003, 12:07 am
Thanks for the comments everyone. I did see a couple WW2 Mods floating around here, perhaps I'll make a more original one next time.

As for the Katana, I didn't know what weapon to put in that existed during the war that could replace the Chainsaw, so...yeah.

CardBoardWarrior
December 28, 2003, 12:34 am
I say just make it a bayonet or leave it as combat knife, but change looks a little...

Sharpshooter
December 28, 2003, 2:10 am
You messed up the titles on the mp40 and stg44 they are reverse. Your interface is nice. Fix the gun titles and everything is koo.

Sharpshooter
December 28, 2003, 2:11 am
Btw, why does every ww2 mod I see use the panzerfaust as the m79? it shoots in a straight line just like any other rocket launching gun. There was an actual grenade launcher or rifle grenade used by the allies.

Pierce
December 28, 2003, 4:02 am
CardBoardWarrior:...I did change the knife to the bayonet both "in game" and in the menu. True they look the same, but not if you compare them.

Sharpshooter: Whoa, thanks for seeing that! I didn't even notice. I'll switch the gun names and post the changes some other time.

I think people use the Panzerfaust because it looks unique, at least that's why I did. I was going to use the Mark V:[URL]
But it's pretty boring. I also thought of the rifle/nade launcher, but it would be weird if you could use the launcher but not the rifle, so Panzerfaust was my choice.

ThaD
December 28, 2003, 10:18 am
nice mod, still not as good as Henchin and 7olik's WWII mods

LiL_FuKa
December 28, 2003, 2:59 pm
If only it was an original idea.. *sigh*

Liber_Lupus
December 28, 2003, 4:06 pm
What can i say....really not bad for ur first mod, but i still luv henchin mod

IRRiTANT
December 28, 2003, 4:14 pm
Nice mod. I like seeing new mods, it stops me getting bored of looking at Soldat. I think you should change the jet icon on the interface, it looks out of place next to a nice health and ammo icon :/

Hitman
December 28, 2003, 5:24 pm
Pierce, I love your map I have been playing it but what I think would make it better is to make it a Inf map and have the people up in the bunker just defend and not come down, if you know what I mean.

Pierce
December 28, 2003, 5:30 pm
I made the weapon switches and I also switched the sounds and the menu pictures, everything should be fine now.

I know I didn't really change the jet picture. I like the current one.

(EDIT)Hitman: I seriously thought about that. I originally had the teams switched so the Red team would have to get the objective from behind the Blue's bunker. But I found that it was extremely one sided, the Red team could never get the flag and the Blue's never went anywhere, they just camped at the machine guns and it was just not fun (heh, like the REAL Omaha Beach). So I scrapped that, switched the teams around, and made it a CTF map so both sides would have an equal chance at winning.

I guess you could make it an INF map if you really want it to be though.

Hitman
December 28, 2003, 10:05 pm
Yeah, but the thing is, is that I am really [:-censored] at making maps (in fact I can't even make them) So I was wondering if you could do one for me PLEASE!!! All you have to do is change the waypoints right?

eyic
December 28, 2003, 11:30 pm
very cool mod, one of the best ww2 mods so far :P

RuFIo_2Wai_
December 29, 2003, 12:23 am
katana is good, if you remember right, many WWII generals would carry a sword at their side (dont know why... maybe they thought they were cool...)

mikaelgg50
December 29, 2003, 10:18 am
no they had swords because they dident have money to buy so many wepons... i think it was something like that...

bLaStEr
December 29, 2003, 1:23 pm
o_O My goodness what a nice fluffy mod ^___^
Good job, everything looks so cool :D

Liber_Lupus
December 29, 2003, 2:14 pm
Well...now i play with this mod kinda started to get used to it and i really pwn with m79 in this mod, so i found my perfect mod...at last.

liquidis x snake
December 29, 2003, 5:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by RuFIo_2Wai_
katana is good, if you remember right, many WWII generals would carry a sword at their side (dont know why... maybe they thought they were cool...)

I think you're talking about the Civil War..?

Unless you're maybe referring to the Japanese.

Pierce
December 29, 2003, 6:09 pm
I'm glad you all are liking the mod. Thanks for the nice comments.

I believe Japanese officers carried swords in WWII, I'm not saying they used them though. Just for decoration I guess, or to show rank.

Hitman: Sorry, but I'm actually working on something else right now. I would have to change all the waypoints for both teams to make it an INF map, and I consider waypointing the hardest part. I don't mind if you can get someone else to waypoint it for you though.

Hitman
December 30, 2003, 6:24 pm
K, thanks anway. Also seeing as 'M' is back ( http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=9955&whichpage=1 ) I'll try and get him to waypoint it.

Edge
January 17, 2004, 4:49 am
Japanese officers generally carried them for the same reasons we did in the civil war,
plus, they had a weapon to use in place of bayonets. In fact, the germans and I believe some Americans had sabers on their sides. I have one.

choco
January 17, 2004, 12:52 pm
watch the moie wind talkers.......plenty of katanas......oh yea a good idea would be to replace the german weapons with jap weapons like stg44=japaneese type99 machine gun mp40=mp18 and so on..... and and btw for the mod......ooooo pretty...lol very nice work

Jounaz
January 17, 2004, 5:35 pm
that looks so cool mod :D have to download it :)

Jounaz
January 17, 2004, 5:38 pm
hmm.. why my reply didn't come here? anyway that mod seems so cool that i'll must download ot :) good job!!!

DesFS
January 18, 2004, 12:21 am
A mod that goes great with all those failed attempts at omaha beach! Sweet!

kairi
January 24, 2004, 5:11 am
coool mod. katana is nice.

Cruku
January 26, 2004, 2:05 am
They had swords, because officers had had swords since 15th century and probaply before...

GluLm
February 16, 2004, 2:10 am
Great mod, almost as good as Henchin by Kairi (in my opinion).
I really like the Katana, it makes me want to use the chainsaw more often!
Almost all the weapons you've modified are cool and are pleasant to use.
The only thing I don't understand is why you didn't make your Omaha map an INF_.
Still amazing mod, good job!

Akujin
February 16, 2004, 6:36 am
Someone should create more maps for WW2 mods ^^

Electro_cyc
February 20, 2004, 3:46 am
Good job! That's probably the best WW2 mod I've seen so far. Really great!

megabrain
June 5, 2004, 7:21 pm
This topic being a bit old, still a nice mod.

And about the Katana thingy: the Nazi Officers where given japanease Katanas when they recieved a special rank or had done a great deed(A nazi-deed). They where only used a ceremonial and decorative sword, to honor the Japanease. Never used in combat, but adds originality, since officears actually had those.

psyko
June 6, 2004, 9:24 am
quote:no they had swords because they dident have money to buy so many wepons... i think it was something like that...

rofl!

the generals could probably get a solid gold gun if they really wanted... for officers it was a cermonial type thing...

the jap officers had katanas but the allies had sabres I'm pretty sure...

they still have swords for ceremonial parades sometimes... atleast here in Australia they do...

but yeah you are right in a way...

outdated cavalry with swords tried to charge tanks because the military was that technologically outdated or the distribution of weapons and equipment was incosistent so you would have crack troops with the latest you beaut stuff and then you have the cavalry... with swords...

lets just say... mow, mow, mow, mow, mow, mow...

wong31
June 6, 2004, 2:08 pm
which folder should i put MODs in?

DrocK
June 6, 2004, 4:01 pm
for a first mod its very nice. i like the map xD and the interface doesnt seem bade either i like the warish style in this mod also

CHE_guevara
August 18, 2004, 8:31 am
Finaly I Find This Interface, That I Looking For A Long Time.....

Toumaz
August 18, 2004, 11:00 am
G-R-E-A-T MOD!

blasta
August 20, 2004, 7:42 pm
Looks sweet... downloading right now.

malman1080
September 1, 2004, 5:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Sharpshooter
Btw, why does every ww2 mod I see use the panzerfaust as the m79? it shoots in a straight line just like any other rocket launching gun. There was an actual grenade launcher or rifle grenade used by the allies.

Actuallly the Panzerfaust didn't shoot straight, it shot in a curvy line, somewhat like the M79! As for the KAtana Japanese soldiers used to carry them for extra protection/or in case they found themselves out of ammo! lol, The more you know!

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 11:09 am
For your first mod its great Nice job dude. Keep it up

August 14, 2005, 11:17 am
what the hell are u doing! u revived a topic more than a year old!

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 6:35 am
whoa dude for ur first mod i think thats better than a few others and its liek there 40 th mod lol...how do i make a display picture for forums?

August 16, 2005, 7:29 am
He;s been playing soldat for a long time and he can mod. Doesn't mean it's his first attempt. You really should be posting in the help and support forum.

GAMEOVER
August 16, 2005, 7:52 am
bad ass

L1NJ40
August 28, 2005, 6:34 am
How do you activate the mod, or get it to work?

karmazon
August 28, 2005, 7:19 am
isn't this thread like 10 years old ?

August 28, 2005, 7:23 am
Yeah, it's supposed to be dead... go to forum help linjao.