( search forums )
Soldat Clips Ep.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Captain_Jimbo
December 28, 2003, 8:02 am
Holidays have been a real bizatch on getting Soldat II done, seriously. Thankfully, I decided to start a new series called "Soldat Clips" which will basically be your Soldat "short movie". This will alow me more freedom to stray from plot and direction that the Soldat movies require from me and allow me to poke fun of lag, pixel bugs, bouncy flags, etc. Though I can promise you that the Soldat movies will continue.

Oh, and as I promised, I really knocked down the file size of the movies, so the should be quite accessable to everyone. Enjoy [:D]

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4408649/

eyic
December 28, 2003, 8:09 am
that was umm... whats the word? weird, yes weird lol
why would someone get angry because somone knocked over their cereal, oh and i dont think wee have cocoa puffs in australia do u have cocoa pops though?

SILENT
December 28, 2003, 8:13 am
myy....cocoa puffs....

Noooo!!!

ROFL

n00bface
December 28, 2003, 8:14 am
Cocoa puffs are nasty.. so are Reeses Cereal (Reeses for breakfast!!?) And errr... that was very... un-soldat graphixxxed o.O But a very nice animation [:P]

liquidis x snake
December 28, 2003, 8:34 am
I can be nice and say this thing was great.

But there are times when you can be too nice.

The nicest thing to be said about this is that it's awful.

Just kidding. It was... err.. okay?

SILENT
December 28, 2003, 8:49 am
Shoulda put French Toast crunch man...*drool[:-drool] that junk is sooo good

b00stA
December 28, 2003, 2:02 pm
Silent, wouldn't that be "Freedom Toast" over there?

Anyway, I liked the first movie better, although I don't remember anything of it :)
(http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=8738)

juice _ box
December 28, 2003, 3:04 pm
quote:Silent, wouldn't that be "Freedom Toast" over there?
I still call it french toast, I don't care about what america thinks is politically correct.

Cr4cK
December 28, 2003, 3:41 pm
Fak men, made me cry...

Captain_Jimbo
December 28, 2003, 7:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
And errr... that was very... un-soldat graphixxxed [:P]

I'm actually glad someone brought that up. I can't stress how hard it is to depict the Soldat world in an animated feature (i.e. How do you draw backgrounds for a game that has no backgrounds?). As for the characters, is everyone in favor of simplifying their figure? I was really torn between trying to excercize better character definition and sticking to simplified Soldat figure; what do you think?

As for this episode, I never fared on it doing very well for it's lack of violence, explosions, etc. It's main purpose is to just get some feedback from you guys and what you think I should add/change. *cough* Thanks for yours liquidis. So, any comments, questions, and concerns will be taken note of; I will make this series work.[}:)]

Mr G
December 28, 2003, 9:27 pm
am i the only one who likes jimbo's sense of humor?

great one jimbo

Hitman
December 28, 2003, 10:08 pm
The end was.....unexpected.

Captain_Jimbo
December 29, 2003, 2:23 am
Thanks Mr. G, that inspires me to keep on striving to improve :)

Speaking of improvement, I've been trying to work on nailing a more "Soldat-esqe" style of character animation and figure. My pallette isn't finished, but I think this better resembles Soldat and it's characters.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4420227/

SILENT
December 29, 2003, 2:31 am
Yeah sorry bout that boosta ^_^.

Freedom toast crunch is the best ;)

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 2:50 am
ughh it wasnt that bad it was ok i enejoyed. :D

AerialAssault
December 29, 2003, 5:28 am
lol, that was funny, a bit short tho, i kinda wanted to see a fight, and jimbo time

juice _ box
December 29, 2003, 6:02 pm
/waits for ep.2

AerialAssault
December 29, 2003, 8:29 pm
whats with the slash juice?

Jelly_King
January 16, 2004, 2:38 am
pretty nice - yeh it is hard to turn a 2D game like Soldat into a 2D comic...what is the answer?

what is the question....?

kevith
January 16, 2004, 3:10 am
pretty cool... i thought it was funny. I really want Coco-Puffs all of a sudden....

Sabotai
January 16, 2004, 3:49 pm
I agree with LxS. I mean the actual movei animations at so on were good, but as far as the comedy goes it was sub-par. It seemed you you slapped the idea together in 5 minutes (during breakfast).

Kahuna-CorlanMcD
January 18, 2004, 2:22 am
*laugh...laugh...* *cough...cough...* haha lol that thinggot me laughing like crazy! Nice job!