( search forums )
subtitles color...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
or123
December 28, 2003, 8:32 am
this is a very painful subjuct (for me) that im raising now...
well i dont know if it was suggested before, but i havent found a post.
ok, u all know that everytime u kill some1 u r being subtitled "u killed some1" in red. u all very painfuly know that when u r being killed u get a "u were killed by some1" in red... this may couse certain confusion. well most of us doesnt really have the time to read what was written there, sometimes u just know if u kill\get killed. but, sometimes in gory fights where shots r going every possible direction and 5 nades r exploding per second u just go like this:
'bahhh bahhh yeahh' (see lot of red subtitles) 'kill kill kill!!!'
'oh [:-censored]' (being sure u just died for some reason and stop playing) 'hey, im not dead!!. [:-censored], now i am.'
and to the point. i suggest that "get killed massages" will be red, and change the "kills" to some other color so u wont have to read the title to see if u died or not...
i hope u will not think im being silly and that u will support my suggestion. thank u all and good morning planet earth.

n00bface
December 28, 2003, 8:36 am
I support this suggestion, and think it's a good idea, but for different reasons. Reading problems, though, eh? [:P]

or123
December 28, 2003, 8:54 am
well not the ordinary ones, no. nevertheless i have something that is being called today in the scientific world 'soldat dyslexia'. basicly that means that i do have troubles reading while shoting at seven other players and throwing nades at three others. so u can decide what is the right answer to ur question urself... [:o)]

Sithak
December 28, 2003, 9:31 am
if you did switch the colors wut ones would u recemend?

or123
December 28, 2003, 10:07 am
i dont mind it to be purple with silvery dots as long as i can immediately see the diffrence.

koil
December 28, 2003, 12:11 pm
dude.. no offence, but after my short experience with soldat, i belive that when you die, you cant move, getting a pop-up for the weps AND you got a free camera view.... i'm guessing that there are other ways to know if youre still alive or not.. not sure tho...

or123
December 28, 2003, 12:20 pm
u r right, alas sometimes in al the caos around u r just absolutly sure that the red message that had jumped into ur face means that u were killed by one or two of the nades that just exploded near u. in such occasions i just tend to stop play for a second, during which, i am realy getting killed. this happened to me (and i belive to a lot others) much more than once. i also dont think this should take much more than a minute to reprogram the color so... if it is so easy... and will help (some) people... so... why not?

sativa
December 28, 2003, 1:50 pm
i just support this nothing moreor less

bucky_brad
December 28, 2003, 2:14 pm
well i dont think it would be hard to do so i guess itsa fine idea.
when you kill should be red
and when you die black

Liber_Lupus
December 28, 2003, 3:58 pm
well i can make the diffrence very well even now just look at the first word: "Killed" (Killed by N00b)
and "You" (You killed N00b). Well i support this idea but it aint very necessary.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 28, 2003, 6:43 pm
I support this idea, because for a natural english speaker its all easy to recognise but I imagine a foreign person would struggle with having to read it properly every time...for me, I can see the message out of the corner of my eye and I know what it means.

Drama
December 28, 2003, 9:05 pm
Great Idea, I hate to be killed when i dont notice the difference between Killed by, You killed in the all confusion
Kill could be Red and Die Could be yellow (yellow noteable color/colour)

Sithak
December 28, 2003, 9:09 pm
i say when u kill some one it should be white when u die Red

it just makes it more easier to tell. and everyone wants life to be more easy

SILENT
December 28, 2003, 9:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil
dude.. no offence, but after my short experience with soldat, i belive that when you die, you cant move, getting a pop-up for the weps AND you got a free camera view.... i'm guessing that there are other ways to know if youre still alive or not.. not sure tho...

indeed. but yeah people who dont read english or speak it, will yeah have problems with that, and it should be changed.

koil
December 28, 2003, 10:06 pm
well.. after some thoughts, i relised it isnt hard thing to do, and if it helps for people, then why not. (like you just said or)
ignore my last reply :)

not sure if 'white' is ok.. its too 'bright' color, and wont contribute to the 'war' experience.. my opinion tho.

MisterX
December 29, 2003, 4:48 am
ooh yes, the colours really HAVE to be changed. not often, but sometimes its really like u said. you think you are dead when you killed someone and stop controlling. then you notice "oh, i'm not dead, yet!" and get killed.. or else, i want to have the messages about the flags "flag has been captured, flag returned" in the colour of the flag, not of the team. i get red messages that say "blue flag captured", or blues that say "red flag captured". that isn't a big problem as with the "you killed / you have been killed" messages, but it's anoying, too..

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 5:04 am
i dont no when and where this change is gonna take place

Dark Soul
December 29, 2003, 10:29 am
Why don't use the colors that appear on the right when someone dies/kills/suicides?

Kill = Green
Die = Red
Suicide = Yellow

Oh, and something else. What about being able to change the chat text color? Once i made a map with yellow background and i couldn't see the chat letters :P

frogboy
December 29, 2003, 10:34 am
What happens with Kamikaze kills where you die, and half a second later, You killed ______ shows up?

Dark Soul
December 29, 2003, 10:35 am
Show both messages? (suicide/kill)

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 8:08 pm
it would be sweet seeing you blew ur self up or something like that

Liber_Lupus
December 29, 2003, 9:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
What happens with Kamikaze kills where you die, and half a second later, You killed ______ shows up?

New special message, Kamikaze kill? In flashing color? Or just blue.

or123
December 30, 2003, 1:22 pm
this is a good idea... but this message should also be in a color that u can right away recognize that u DIED...

or123
January 1, 2004, 1:45 pm
so i guess all we need now is good old Michal to say "copy that private Or".

HOBBES
January 1, 2004, 2:44 pm
Good idea, it would be useful.

or123
January 5, 2004, 12:09 pm
well, i wondered... how should i know if my suggetion was accepted? this really nice to have such wide consensus about it... but as long as Michal doesn't say "good idea, i'll change this" all that posts were for nothing ah?

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 12:11 pm
Michal will usually post in a topic if he's thinking about changing it.

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 4:04 pm
I like this idea. I hate when there are guns firing all over the place and that nade comes down and your like holy [:-censored], then you take your hands off the keyboard, waiting for the weapons menu... like 3 seconds later you're like What the f*ck, and you spend like 5 seconds trying to find your character in the fray, just in time to see another grenade explode and your body goes flying :)

or123
January 5, 2004, 6:35 pm
but frogboy... that exectly what i meant... i want him to post already so i'll know that he thinks about changing it...

or123
January 7, 2004, 1:22 pm
oh the hell with it... i think i'm going to give up...