( search forums )
Some fun ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spike
December 28, 2003, 8:43 pm
Soldat would be way better if there was another way to dodge poeple... Right now its pretty much see who gets shot first and dies, I mean sometimes you can prone and jet out of the way or move in an unexpected way.. but it would be way cooler if!
You could do front flips and backflips to dodge your oponents and to look cool of corse! You could do a front flip or backflip by pressing down up in the air or up down.

Another idea is to add a katana as a secondary weapon. This could have two types of attacks.. Seeing the katana would be a close range weapon and relatively hard to get up and hit poeple you could do the following
Get up close and tear them to shreds with the normal attack
OR
Crouch and use attack making a quick dash slash! This wouldnt have insane range but it would leap your soldat in the direction ahead of you and slash threw the first thing you hit then you could finish him with a normal slash if hes not dead. The crouch dash could have a little bit of a reload like 1-3 seconds to prevent constant dashing.

Another fun secondary would be to have a teleport dash grenade type thing where you can only use it once but wherever you throw it you teleport to this would have a pretty low range but it would be fun to use especially on maps like b2b when your trying to get away. You could throw it down to the bottom threw the bridge and get away hehe :) so yeh post yur thoughts

SILENT
December 28, 2003, 10:58 pm
cool teleport dash grenade ^_~

Not to sure of what the katana would look like..=\

Liber_Lupus
December 28, 2003, 11:10 pm
katana, its in ww2 mod, as a chainsaw, looks like a sword. Yeh nice nade idea.

SILENT
December 28, 2003, 11:12 pm
I know what a katana is..but what would it look like in soldat!

b00stA
December 28, 2003, 11:23 pm
Silent, LISTEN.
You can see an image of a katana in Soldat style in a WW2 modification.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=9879 -> http://residentevilbiohazard.homestead.com/files/Weap_menu.gif

[IMAGE]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2003, 12:00 am
And a nice katana it is too...drewl.

that fuking sniper
December 29, 2003, 12:55 am
I like the idea, it can bring a new meaning to playing Soldat, more tricks and styles that can define players. Good stuff....

SILENT
December 29, 2003, 12:57 am
K thanks..

didnt know about that mod :P

frogboy
December 29, 2003, 1:00 am
Rolling in the air could make flips...

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 2:52 am
i like the katana ,genius

MisterX
December 29, 2003, 4:50 am
with all of your ideas implemented in soldat, it would be a nice game...but not soldat anymore =/

eyic
December 29, 2003, 5:01 am
i like the ideas spike, i think it would eb cool if u could dodge things martial arts style ^^

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 5:07 am
quote:Originally posted by MisterX
with all of your ideas implemented in soldat, it would be a nice game...but not soldat anymore =/

hes right if all the suddgestions were done the game wouldnt be the same ot would be like some other game made by the population of the soldat fans. but they wouldnt be soldat fans anymore[:-weepn]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 29, 2003, 5:50 am
i like the dodging and movement ideas ....but i dont like the others as much

Happy Camper
December 29, 2003, 6:41 am
i want a close combat wepon as a primary wep, we NEED a close combat prime wep. and the katana sounds awsome!!

Dark Soul
December 29, 2003, 10:23 am
I like the idea of back flips and front flips... And about the katana, have you ever seen a soldier with one? Anyway, i never seen a soldier with chainsaw.

bLaStEr
December 29, 2003, 12:05 pm
I WANT KATANA[:P] *me drool*
oh well front flips, back flips, you only need them to prevent barret shots... & for a nice battle xD

Though I like the idea :)

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 5:56 pm
I support all these ideas 100%, this would make soldat so much more fun! Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Michal?

Happy Camper
December 29, 2003, 10:28 pm
i want that katana so bad, it sound so sweet!!

frogboy
December 30, 2003, 8:19 am
A katana as primary weapon would render knifes useless. Don't make that mistake.

Dark Soul
December 30, 2003, 10:02 am
Why? You can't throw a katana, and if its primary, not lot of ppl would use it, cause its better to use guns... And as knife is secondary, why should it be useless? :P

frogboy
December 30, 2003, 10:18 am
If its primary, we already have 10 primary weapons. And you forgot about people who use knife as primary (and don't throw it). And the primaries are real guns used in war, while the secondaries are mostly novelties (chainsaw, knife, Rocket-Launcher-with-extremely-large-reload[aka LAW])

Leo Da Lunerfox
December 30, 2003, 11:33 am
well, a katana is not really used in modern warfare, but commanders and such still carry around a rapier in WWI....etc. So instead of a slash, it should be a stab instead.

For comical appearence, you can crouch attack to stab the soldat, and keep him on your rapier as your teammates laugh and shoot him with a socom while he is losing health lol

Spike
December 30, 2003, 7:26 pm
I said in my post that it would be secondary not primary

Gaah
December 31, 2003, 5:14 am
A dive button? I know you can tap jump whilst running along, then go prone, but when someone shoots at you it's a bit hard to do that really quickly. Maybe a button that uses all your jetpack with one push, giving you a quick, hard, upwards boost. Actually, the "eject" button is probably a very good idea....

Happy Camper
January 1, 2004, 12:49 am
it would be nice if it where prime tho, and knife has shuch a low range so dose Chain saw, katana if it where prime it could have a bit more range, and the knife would not be worthless if the katana is in.

sergioe16
January 2, 2004, 4:41 am
How about being able to deflect bullets while swinging the katana? it would give a temporary shield since you would have to reload after a whileand it would only be efective against slow firing weapons like the Deagles, rugger, and barret. Fast firing weapons would still hit you 50% of the time.
If you have seen the ninja scenes on metal gear solid you know what im talking about.

Spike
January 2, 2004, 8:55 am
i thought of that but then it would just be abusive

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 10:49 am
Why not just have a shield? It could come bundled with the katana... Or maybe when using hand-to-hand/non-gun weapons you gain armour or a shield. Then you would have a chance... kinda...

TIR_Blade
January 2, 2004, 2:04 pm
Katana sounds cool, much cooler than the frigen chainsaw.
The flipping is kinda cool, i would only use it with katana, flip, just about to finish my olympic flip, pull out katana, slice downward thru opponent.
Teleporting nade or w/e sounds kinda cheap, but it should explode and then u teleport there, appearing from the smoke.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 2, 2004, 2:42 pm
yeah no chainsaw but katana....
and beable to do flips and stuff like the matrix!!!!
teleport grenades seems too futurlistic but good idea....
i support the katana 100% tho dont make throwable or thiers no point of having a knife.....

Dark Soul
January 3, 2004, 2:25 pm
Not throwing kantana, but what about droping it like all the other weapons, but if it hits someone +.+

Senniant
January 3, 2004, 5:23 pm
The katana sounds very nice. I think it should be a primary weopon, and it should be able to some what effectivly compete with guns.

The katana should have the dash attack mentioned, and a normal swing attack. A reload should be on the dash attack of course, as was also mentioned.

It should be able to deflect attacks BUT it requires timing and a bit of luck. Maybe a 25% chance to deflect when form of attack and sword meet? This would still keep the slower firing guns somewhat effective as well as the automatics assumning the player can time his swings accordingly. Deflecting explosives would automatically make the explosive explode with or without the 25% chance kicking in.

Where can we vote to have this put in the game? :P

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 3, 2004, 5:50 pm
lol well u get down to really explaining it
u dont vote u hope michal reads this topic......

Senniant
January 3, 2004, 6:07 pm
I figured there was no voting, otherwise i would have found it by now.

Also, about deflecting explosives, upon deflection, it should explode. Meaning you cant really deflect them at all, and any attempt in doing so will most likely result in death. I had to put that in, it didnt sound right before hand.

While this may not be realistic when it comes down to the whole "soldier" theme of the game, it would still be a great addition.

Hell, if the soldier gets to have rocket boots, why not a stylish sword to swing as well?

Yin_Starrunner
January 3, 2004, 9:16 pm
I kinda like the katana idea, but i don't like the dodging crud.

It just seems... not soldat. I can see it now, the other team gets your flag, and the flag carrier jets all the way back to his base, dodging the whole time...

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 4:51 am
Wouldn't it be a bit hard to stay alive whilst running, swinging your katana, and not dieing, chasing a guy who's running away and shooting you at the same time, not to mention jetpacking away when you get close. It's a bit like running away from the Boogy Man bot, who would be the one with the katana.

Yin_Starrunner
January 4, 2004, 5:03 am
thats why everyone won't choose it

TIR_Blade
January 4, 2004, 3:30 pm
Also, u don't pull it out when the guy is far, say ur heading straight into a guy in voland, running at each other, u pull it out and then DASH! See his body cut in half and fall to the ground with ur cheer of victory, u press onward, towards the flag, always, towards the flag.

Senniant
January 4, 2004, 5:44 pm
I dont see a lot of positive thinking on the whole katana idea, all i see are negative thoughts. Use your imagination.

I see so many posts all giving reasons NOT to use a katana, yet.. on my poll it is currently: 20 yes and 10 no.

I play a lot of deathmatch, i rarely play inf or ctf. Perhaps the katana idea may not be suiting when it comes to ctf or inf, but i personally feel it could be a fun addition when playing deathmatch.