( search forums )
New version of bot editor on the way!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeMo
December 29, 2003, 6:55 am
Sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this.. but whoa!! It's been a loooooooooong time since I last posted here.

Look at my sig.. I used it back in the days of Soldat 1.05b.
In fact, when 1.10 came out I didn't like it. I guess I was too used to 1.05 physics and 1.10 felt a lot different. Then I kinda gave up on Soldat.. but I never really uninstalled 1.10 and kept updating it until 1.15.

As I stopped playing, I also stopped developing my BOT Creator/Editor and it became useless.

But these are past stories and now I'm working on a new version compatible with 1.10+ bots. It's almost ready go.. I'm just waiting for an e-mail from Michal with some details on the BOT parameters.

Stay tuned!!
I hope I get that e-mail from Michal before december 31.. so it's ready for a new year release! [;)]

eyic
December 29, 2003, 7:20 am
hey dude i remember that avatar nice to see u back :)

Happy Camper
December 29, 2003, 8:11 am
don't forget to put ALL the weps in, like flamer and fists(or is it hands?)

ThaD
December 29, 2003, 9:43 am
another bot editor?

Meandor
December 29, 2003, 10:03 am
wb DeMo ( remember me? =d )

DeMo
December 29, 2003, 6:55 pm
ThaD: no.. it's the same editor. I'm just updating it so it works with Soldat 1.10+ bots.

Meandor: sure I remember you!!
BTW, I'm learning Italian!
Ciao.

AerialAssault
December 29, 2003, 8:28 pm
whats the point of bot editor, who plays with bots?

DeMo
December 30, 2003, 3:15 am
Yet again we have to "hear" this childish question.

Everytime we speak about a bot editor or a taunt editor... someone has to come and say:
1- Who plays with bots?
2- Why make/use a bot/taunt editor when you can simply open the files in notepad?

So I'll answer once and for all.

1- Who plays bots?
New players that want to learn the game before going into online matches.
Players who have 56k connection and can't play online due to high latency.
Players that just want to train or have fun without having to connect.
Map/mod makers who want to test their maps/mods.
And last but not least: players that simply ENJOY playing with bots.

2- Why make/use a bot/taunt editor when you can simply open the files in notepad?
I made it because I like programming and because I like Soldat.. and I felt I could help the community with something.

Why use it?? Because it's simpler, faster and smarter. Add to that the fact that there will always be n00bs around that don't know it can be edited in notepad. And one more thing: you can open the bot in notepad.. but do you know the minimum and maximum values of each parameter to properly create a bot??
Take Accuracy for example... the minimum is 0 and the maximum is 100. Good.. you may thing that Accuracy=0 is a [:-censored]ty bot and Accuracy=100 is a super-sniper bot. But well.. thats wrong.. the values are inverse, 0 means a great bot and 100 means a stupid bot that will probably shoot himself.

You have your right to hate bots and play only online..
But that doesn't means the whole world doesn't play with bots.

The editor might be useless to you.
But once again, that doesn't means it is useless to the rest of the world.

AerialAssault
December 30, 2003, 3:44 am
i wasnt asking for myself, i just want more stars, so id ask a question for some of the n00bs so that id get a post and theyd get an answer

N1nj@
December 30, 2003, 3:49 am
lol, you mean you are star hunting which is not allowed?

Hitman131
December 30, 2003, 11:09 pm
you got a release date? and do you need to register to use it like you do for the map maker?

DeMo
December 31, 2003, 2:35 am
It's ready for release man.
I just need this email from Michal with the minimum/maximum values for the Camping parameter.

Also.. I couldn't make the bots use the SOCOM as their preferred weapon.
I tried writing USSOCOM, US SOCOM, Socom.. but nothing works.
They won't use the SOCOM as the primary weapon.
It works with Hands, Knife, LAW and Chainsaw, the SOCOM is the only weapon that is not working as a primary weapon.

The editor has always been free and will always remain free!!
No registering is needed.

Hitman131
December 31, 2003, 3:34 am
alright great! good job DeMo

AerialAssault
December 31, 2003, 6:45 am
now i understand the reasons for a bot editor, and ninj@, have u been following me around on the forums so that u could call me down whenever i post something remotely spammy?

liquidis x snake
December 31, 2003, 6:56 am
Hey, cool. More bot-editing. Oh, and you say you're a supporter of 1.05b? SIGN TEH PETITIONZORS IN TEH "OLDIES" FORUM!!!

Zeppelin_Chile
December 31, 2003, 2:15 pm
i have the Soldat BOT Creator/Editor v1.0b
does it works with the v 1.5 of soldat?
is it the latest version of the bot editor?

peemonkey
December 31, 2003, 4:19 pm
arent there already like, 2-3 bot editors already for 1.1.X? ive seen em in teh forooms...anyway, dont forget Flamed arrows(im an oldskool botter{Notepad roxxors!}) that with 100% acc., 100% nadage, and 0% camping, you got my 1338 bots. Their teammates, unfortunatly, try to kill them, because they have the bow, so get confuzed with inf and rm.

Zeppelin_Chile
December 31, 2003, 6:00 pm
which is the latest version of the bot creator/editor?

DeMo
January 1, 2004, 5:22 am
peemonkey: thanks! I've included "bow" and "flame bow" in the favourite weapon selection list and they're working! BTW, have you managed to make a bot use the SOCOM as the primary weapon?

Zeppelin: the lastet version is 1.0b, the only one available for download at the moment.
I'm finishing version 1.2.0!

peemonkey
January 1, 2004, 6:29 pm
hope to see it soon, Demo. maybe ill even give it a shot ;P

Zeppelin_Chile
January 2, 2004, 3:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMo
peemonkey: thanks! I've included "bow" and "flame bow" in the favourite weapon selection list and they're working! BTW, have you managed to make a bot use the SOCOM as the primary weapon?

Zeppelin: the lastet version is 1.0b, the only one available for download at the moment.
I'm finishing version 1.2.0!
i have that version of the bot editor and it doesn't work well. i create a bot, all goes well and when i want to go to play, i select my new bot (it apears in the list of bots) and when i start the game it is with any other bot name.
why this happens?

DeMo
January 6, 2004, 4:03 am
Because version 1.0 is not compatible with Soldat 1.1.5.
It was made for Soldat 1.05b.

But that's old news.
The 1.2.0 is finally finished and ready for download!!
Grab it here: [URL]

Zeppelin_Chile
January 13, 2004, 6:24 pm
ty!

Phoenix Star of PBC
January 14, 2004, 2:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMo
Yet again we have to "hear" this childish question.

Everytime we speak about a bot editor or a taunt editor... someone has to come and say:
1- Who plays with bots?

So I'll answer once and for all.

1- Who plays bots?
New players that want to learn the game before going into online matches.
Players who have 56k connection and can't play online due to high latency.
Players that just want to train or have fun without having to connect.
Map/mod makers who want to test their maps/mods.
And last but not least: players that simply ENJOY playing with bots.

I made it because I like programming and because I like Soldat.. and I felt I could help the community with something.

Why use it?? Because it's simpler, faster and smarter. Add to that the fact that there will always be n00bs around that don't know it can be edited in notepad. And one more thing: you can open the bot in notepad.. but do you know the minimum and maximum values of each parameter to properly create a bot??
Take Accuracy for example... the minimum is 0 and the maximum is 100. Good.. you may thing that Accuracy=0 is a [:-censored]ty bot and Accuracy=100 is a super-sniper bot. But well.. thats wrong.. the values are inverse, 0 means a great bot and 100 means a stupid bot that will probably shoot himself.

You have your right to hate bots and play only online..
But that doesn't means the whole world doesn't play with bots.

The editor might be useless to you.
But once again, that doesn't means it is useless to the rest of the world.

Another reason for bots is that map makers that don't have bot support won't find that many people play their maps, because you don't see many servers that support new maps.