( search forums )
Soldat Mod Changer - wow!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
y0da
December 29, 2003, 5:33 pm
Yeah, this program pwns! Don't know where to post it, so i'm posting in the General Discussions.

(Almost) Original from the readme:
Soldat Mod Changer by Aunt Jamimy!

Put the program and all of it files in the Soldat directory, make a folder and name it MODS, put in th folder ZIPed MOD files and open the program. You will see the menu whit MODs, that you have added. Choose the one you want to play. This program makes a copy of the original files and you can restore them in the menu.

My info:It's very simple to use. You must delete the Thumb files from the ZIPed MODs, couse the program wont work. Do not delete the backup.zip file which the program makes! Do not open another MOD before you'll restore! I have opend another MOD and the gfx and sfx are from a MOD, couse the program backups them. [:(] And my dad wont gave my CD's back! [:-weepn] But the program is so cool! You don't have to make a copy of the Soldat file!
Soldat Mod Changer
Hehehe... Some screens. [;)] The MODs here are the ones i like. Sorry if there isn't your MOD. [:I]
I've renamed some ZIPed MODs to make it more... more... good looking. [:P]
[IMAGE]

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 5:41 pm
You're right, that program does own.. I use it all the time, but my version seems to be newer than yours? It doesn't open up so big, just a tiny grey rectangle.. ( I don't feel like taking a screeny)

bLaStEr
December 29, 2003, 5:46 pm
o_O seems handy *dling* :)

y0da
December 29, 2003, 5:53 pm
new?! from where? maybe it's only your resolution? i have 800x600.

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 5:59 pm
No, I have the same resolution.. it looks completely different anyway, it's in more of a list form..

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2003, 6:17 pm
Fuka has Inquisitors mod changer. Different one.

AerialAssault
December 29, 2003, 6:37 pm
who uses 800x600? its sooo huge right in your face, i can only fit 1 IM on screen without any of it being cut off, *dling* =D this will come in handy for me as i change mods constantly

y0da
December 29, 2003, 7:28 pm
Inquisitors mod changer is better or not? Where can i d/l it?

ThaD
December 29, 2003, 8:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by y0da
Don't know where to post it, so i'm posting in the General Discussions.

in Moding help? It's all in MODs FAQ

SERIAL KILLeR
December 29, 2003, 8:26 pm
Wow nice program.
I hve heard of it but i thought it didnt work.
And this one is better than inquisitors mod changer (link)

AerialAssault
December 29, 2003, 8:26 pm
counldnt figure out how to get it to work. didnt work for special forces 2

y0da
December 29, 2003, 8:48 pm
aerial, have you deleted the thumb files? Read my info!

Hitman131
December 30, 2003, 12:12 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
counldnt figure out how to get it to work. didnt work for special forces 2

are you sure your mods a .zip and not .exe?

AerialAssault
December 30, 2003, 3:41 am
what thumb files? and after unzipping the special forces mod there another folder containing the files, could this be a problem

y0da
December 30, 2003, 2:02 pm
yes, it is.

Soldat haves in folders Thumb.db files and sometimes MODers pack those files to. I think that they are invisible.

SERIAL KILLeR
December 30, 2003, 2:18 pm
Thumbs.db are files that are created when u use thumbnales (small previews of pics in explorer).
U dont see them because explorer automaticly hides these (system)files.
But when u zip a directory the thumbs.db of that directory is also added in the zip file.

If u use winrar u can place thumbs.db in files to exclude when u zip a mod.

y0da
December 30, 2003, 2:36 pm
yeah, that to... [:P]

GodstriKe
December 30, 2003, 3:40 pm
Nice...thanx :P

AerialAssault
December 30, 2003, 6:13 pm
ok, so how can i get it to work if theres a folder in a zip

Zeppelin_Chile
December 31, 2003, 1:51 pm
hi, i'm from Chile [:D]
I have a problem when i install de mod changer.... The problem is the following:
i extract the Mod Changer to "Soldat Folder" that is ubicated in the C:\\ Directory. Then i create a folder named "MODS" and i put inside of it 2 mods that a have zipped (both of them). After this i opened the mod changer and I selected the mod that i wanted to put, i push on "Load Mod" and it says "loas is done" which is correct.
The problem was that the program extract the files of the mod to the folder soldat ando not to interface, gostek, etc.
I already tried making the zip with a full path but it created a new folder inside soldat folder with all the path (from C:\\ up to soldat)

Please help me to know how to install it correctly
Thanks

PD: please try to explain in an easy English (im from Chile [:P])

Dathker
December 31, 2003, 2:08 pm
hhahha after all explaination! im still confused...some one tell me exactly what to do!
i have stuffit and i dunno what to do

sauron_the_deceiver
December 31, 2003, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zeppelin_Chile
I have a problem when i install de mod changer.... The problem is the following:
i extract the Mod Changer to "Soldat Folder" that is ubicated in the C:\\ Directory. Then i create a folder named "MODS" and i put inside of it 2 mods that a have zipped (both of them). After this i opened the mod changer and I selected the mod that i wanted to put, i push on "Load Mod" and it says "loas is done" which is correct.
The problem was that the program extract the files of the mod to the folder soldat ando not to interface, gostek, etc.
I already tried making the zip with a full path but it created a new folder inside soldat folder with all the path (from C:\\ up to soldat)

Thanks

Nothing to do with the mod changer, the maker of the mod packed it badly. Reorganise the zip file like the kind of files that work with the changer, then you'll be able to use it.

xaNox.Xero
December 31, 2003, 4:12 pm
Oh,that's very nice... :)

Zeppelin_Chile
December 31, 2003, 5:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver

Thanks

Nothing to do with the mod changer, the maker of the mod packed it badly. Reorganise the zip file like the kind of files that work with the changer, then you'll be able to use it.
how can i reorganize the zip file to make it work with the mod changer?

Rambo-CHILE-
December 31, 2003, 6:43 pm
hahahah [8D] weco!

GodstriKe
January 1, 2004, 3:23 pm

Thanks

mm..We wanna make the mod changer work....everything's fine, except for the program AND soldat....we can't use the mods...

offtopic: if someone knows something about the bot editor...it doesn't work with the names...i wanna know y

Well Thanx

PD: rambo weco[8D][:D]

Zeppelin_Chile
January 2, 2004, 3:06 pm
The problem is that the program extract the files of the mods to any folder and not to the corresponding ones. (ex. interface-gfx, gostek, etc) I also tried making a zip with the mods saving the path, but it doesn't work.

hahah rambo culiao weko

SERIAL KILLeR
January 2, 2004, 3:31 pm

Thanks

Here's an example of a zipped mod that works with the mod changer:
http://www.turrino.com/soldat/cs-soldat.zip

Zeppelin_Chile
January 2, 2004, 3:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeR

Thanks

Here's an example of a zipped mod that works with the mod changer:
http://www.turrino.com/soldat/cs-soldat.zip

thanks for the example
i would like to learn how to zip in that way...

y0da
January 2, 2004, 4:34 pm
??? don't you have ZIP??!! What windows you have?

Zeppelin_Chile
January 2, 2004, 8:04 pm
yes i have zip
and i alsa have rar

i know how to use them but up to some point
to zip the mods to work correctly you have to do something when you are zipping (change an option or something) and that is what i don't know

Michal Marcinkowski
January 2, 2004, 10:52 pm
Finally someone has made something like this. Good job, gratulacje.

ThaD
January 3, 2004, 10:55 am
umm dude this program is like 1 year old...

eyic
January 3, 2004, 11:31 am
yeh it is old, but its good :)

Rambo-CHILE-
January 3, 2004, 3:25 pm
wahhahahaaha the winzip owns u [:D] u have to make the same folders like weapon-gfx, gostek, etc....

pd: wecos!

Zeppelin_Chile
January 3, 2004, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo-CHILE-
wahhahahaaha the winzip owns u [:D] u have to make the same folders like weapon-gfx, gostek, etc....

pd: wecos!
haha puta la wea
mambo rql weko

sabi como hacer carpetas adentro de un zip????

i don't know how to make folders inside a zip, does anybody know?

Inquisitor
January 3, 2004, 4:57 pm
didn't know that a prog like this already exists. it's nice.

the only thing I don't like is the zip-[:-censored]. sorry - but i'll use my own one [;)]

KiLLBoT
January 3, 2004, 6:31 pm
wow i had no idea something like this existed, it all seems to work fine for me .. a very nice program indeed, thanks y0da [^]

y0da
January 4, 2004, 10:04 am
btw. it's not mine! thanks to Aunt Jemimya, not to me. i like it!

LiL_FuKa
January 4, 2004, 4:47 pm
Wow, people from Chile must certainly be proud.. they even put it on their user name's, even though everyone can see it at the bottom of the window..

Zeppelin_Chile
January 13, 2004, 6:20 pm
the name on my nick is because zeppelin already exists and i didn't have another idea :D

Rambo-CHILE-
January 13, 2004, 8:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by LiL_FuKa
Wow, people from Chile must certainly be proud.. they even put it on their user name's, even though everyone can see it at the bottom of the window..

'cos Chilean Soldat Community owns south America [:D]

Zeppelin_Chile
January 15, 2004, 3:20 pm
yep!

Mambo weko