( search forums )
Soldat Melee mode.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
juice _ box
December 29, 2003, 6:14 pm
Happy campers thread got me thinking.

If soldat were to have a melee mode with its own weapons such as.

Chainsaw
Knife
Stick (for hitting, swinging)
Ammoless musket with bayonet (for stabbing and such)
One of those little swords that high ranking military officials wear.

Possibly more?

Just another pointless idea. but w/e.

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 6:28 pm
But the knife, as much as I hate to say it should be out of this mode.. (cos you can throw it)

Chakra
December 29, 2003, 8:22 pm
Well theres always the option of throwing knives ...could have several of them, but no one knife kills in one shot..

And as for melee fighting, I think it'd be interesting if you actually had 'moves' to perform. Nothing fancy, just things like 'block' and a choice between a weak but fast attack, or a strong but slow attack.

Happy Camper
December 29, 2003, 8:26 pm
i REALY want a close combat primary wep!!!, like spikes katana idea, did i alredy say i love that idea??

Jaley
December 30, 2003, 3:57 am
Yeah! Implement "Ninja" mode, or, as the title suggests, "melee" mode. But this mode should expand beyond melee. You select a primary/class of fighter (no secondary, see below), like katana/samurai, hands/Martial arts. Then, when you hit q, like in rambo mode when you have the bow and it turns into something different, out pops a throwing knife or shruiken...

MisterX
December 30, 2003, 4:05 pm
erm.. imho melee suckz. chainsaw is the most boring weapon. it's just not funny.. knife is nice, but just because you can throw it, but close-combat-only-weaps, please not more then the chainsaw, and a close-combat-only-weaps-only-mode... nah. I wouldn't like it, I wouldn't play it. OK, you're right, nobody is interested in what i would like or not, but, if this would be a vote like "Implement Melee Mode?" I would click on "no". I think you know what i want to say :)

Drama
December 30, 2003, 4:07 pm
i thought that we aint in the 1700 century anymore

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 30, 2003, 4:07 pm
you should just be able to swing back and hit your opponent with the butt of your gun. if you hit them in the back it should be an instakill...but in the front , half damage...just cuz it would be hard to it them with your gun if they are shooting you...it could be fun...think about it. you would need a new POA animation but besides thatit would be easy..what do you think?

juice _ box
December 30, 2003, 4:16 pm
quote:OK, you're right, nobody is interested in what i would like or not,

your right, I dont.

I get bored of ranged weapons, melee would be a whole new spin.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 30, 2003, 10:01 pm
so you agree with me juicy? btw...thisis your thousandth post hot diggidy damn!!!

Silent-Thunder
December 31, 2003, 1:30 am
LOL!
interesting idea juice! It certainly would be interesting to play, good on you for the suggestion. Let's see new weaps:
>katana
>axe
>hehe cavalry hammer
>mace or flail ouch!

Dathker
December 31, 2003, 3:45 am
i think that would be awsome...

and the weps should be...
-chainsaw
-daggers
-samari sword
-light saber
-that thing that the grim reaper has
-battle axe
-double bladed sword
-two handed sword
-nun-chucks
:) :Þ

liquidis x snake
December 31, 2003, 4:47 am
A CHEESE GRATER!!

Gaah
December 31, 2003, 4:47 am
Something you could throw, coz knife throwing is the best. ^The Grim Reaper has a scythe.
Would you take out jetpack? Otherwise it might be a bit hard to catch up to people...

HOBBES
December 31, 2003, 2:07 pm
Gaah, a shuriken would be cool

Dathker
December 31, 2003, 2:13 pm
no knife cuz you couldn't throw...cuz that kind of is this poing
no jet pack so you could only jump...therefore not to complicated maps either

Silent-Thunder
January 1, 2004, 4:25 am
This mode would make maps like Arena2 totally insane!, however with the removal of jets, the option of many maps would be disabled unless the soldats used some kind of grapple device, like the maghook from Matthew Reilly books for example?

Gaah
January 1, 2004, 10:40 am
I'm not talking 1 shot kill throwing weapons, otherwise everyone would use throwing weapons. Maybe takes half/a third of their life, most melee would take all/3 quarters. You would survive longer using body armour