( search forums )
How about a lil getaway scooter? Seriously..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 6:24 pm
No, seriously.. I know vehicles are supposed to be out of the question in soldat. But, consider this for a second:

A tiny scooter that's used like a secondary weapon.
It can only be used once per life. It has a limited amount of fuel. It can't hurt anybody what so ever,you simply scoot through everyone (like running). It's twice as fast as running. It jumps distances, depending on how steap the ramp is. Generally could be used for escaping with the enemy flag.

Of course in DM this "secondary" would be useless, but it doesn't have to replace anything, it could simply be added on.

Liber_Lupus
December 29, 2003, 6:28 pm
I would like it, but i wont think it would ever be added. Still i like it. Can you shoot when ur driving with it?

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 6:31 pm
That's a goood point actually.. and the answer is - No.

Also, nobody else should be able to hop onto it with you.

bLaStEr
December 29, 2003, 6:39 pm
No, no, no and no :)
It is simply useless. Because it would take the fun out of flag keeping/running.

b00stA
December 29, 2003, 6:59 pm
Ok, imagine a battlefield with M79 grenades flying around, corpses lying on the ground, bullets, blood and even more bullets.

A scooter.

Something just doesn't fit in.

TIR_Blade
December 29, 2003, 7:11 pm
Very well said b00sta, it also makes it too dam ez to get away.

Chakra
December 29, 2003, 8:28 pm
I personally love the idea of vehicles in soldat...obviously it'd only work on certain large wide flat maps..

..but just imagine.. Knot zipping along on a tiny whining scooter while being chased by a bi-plane (flown by me of course) while TIR Blade hangs from the wing with one hand, shooting his socom with the other?

..or maybe I could just learn to make my own game..

Squal
December 29, 2003, 9:21 pm
I guess it would be unfair concidering you can flee with the flag, without bein caught =/

LiL_FuKa
December 29, 2003, 9:28 pm
Ok Ok, not a scooter, a scrambler dirt-bike from hell! How about that?

And Blade, didn't I say that there should be a limited amount of fuel? When I say limited, I mean that it should only be able to go for like 5 secs... And I also stated that you should only be able to use it once per life.

Chakra
December 29, 2003, 9:55 pm
Of course, you could shoot out the tyres... [:-mischievous]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2003, 10:54 pm
The scope of the barret comes in to a worthy cause =)

MisterX
December 30, 2003, 12:28 am
lol boosta.
scooter... nah, as blade said, it would be too easy to get away with the enemys flag

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 12:50 am
yes, but could't other people who chose that as a secondary weapone use it and chase after them?

Jaley
December 30, 2003, 1:06 am
If vechiles aren't going to be added in, why would a scooter. If people in real life, in armies and so on, use vechiles in battle (eg. Humvees) and they don't use scooters, and the creator of a game won't add vechiles, why would he add scooters? Maybe Michal could add some new terrain for maps that make you go faster (eg ice) or an option for gravity and speed you travel at (like the option for how much jetpack).

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 1:52 am
there is ice you idiot!

Jaley
December 30, 2003, 3:47 am
Does it make you go faster? Exactly....

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 4:01 am
ice doesn't make you go faster, it makes you slide which inturn makes you go faster, so it isn't the ice making you go faster, it is the less friction :P

Gaah
December 30, 2003, 4:46 am
^Shutup! He's obviously a n00b but I think that would be good, an option in the map maker, like the amount of jet pack allowed, that controls gravity and the speed you travel. Then you could have a moon level...

LiL_FuKa
December 30, 2003, 10:19 pm
MisterX- It wouldn't be too easy to get away with the flag, you'll realize why when I answer Alpha.

Alpha- Of course everyone else can chase you with it.

Jaley- "You're a funny guy, I like you"

bLaStEr
December 30, 2003, 10:24 pm
I think Michal should first fix all the bugs & balance the game before even thing of VEHICLES!

k thx bye

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by LiL_FuKa
Alpha- Of course everyone else can chase you with it.
People were complaining that it would be to hard to hit the person driving away with it, i said they could use theres to catch up to them, i must have worded it wrong.

kevith
December 31, 2003, 12:38 am
but even if you took yours to catch up with the flagger, you still couldn't shoot him until you got off, and he'd still be zipping away while you fail to gain any ground. Interesting idea, but I don't see how it could really work w/in the game. Oh and the argument about a scooter 'not fitting in'? I'm also having trouble with 'fitting in' jet boots, chainsaws, etc. lol

LiL_FuKa
December 31, 2003, 2:35 pm
Sorry Alpha.. I misunderstood you. And Kevith the things you mentioned are the reason why soldat is so much fun.

Don't ask why.. ask why not?