No damage to me by my own nades or w\e i shoot
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dark Soul
December 29, 2003, 9:20 pm
An option for this.

So if i remove jet boots, i can jump with M79 and stuff like that [:P]

b00stA
December 29, 2003, 10:25 pm
Yepp, I mailed a little suggestion list to Michal some time ago and this was one of the suggestions.

"8.
A server-side option like Friendly fire:
Your own projectiles, grenades etc. DO NOT hurt yourself.
Maybe automatically turned off in realistic mode."

Aye, that would be great for explosion stuff :)

Sharpshooter
December 29, 2003, 11:13 pm
How would that be realistic if shrapnel from your own grenades didn't hurt you? That makes absolutely no sense.

n00bface
December 29, 2003, 11:34 pm
It's an option... it's been said before ---------------- Soldat isn't all-realistic.

b00stA
December 30, 2003, 12:40 am
Sharpshooter, right now Friendly Fire is turned off by default.. that's as unrealistic as this idea.

muzzmastah
December 30, 2003, 2:08 am
Sharpshooter, this is why we have realistic mode... anyway, I dont think that it would detract much from the experience - as b00sta said, it would proabably make it better.

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 2:15 am
he worded it wrong, he meant to say, when you enable realistic mode it automaticly gets disabled

?
December 30, 2003, 4:46 pm
it would be great for m79ers, you don't loose half your life when you hit a guy close to you

Sharpshooter
December 31, 2003, 1:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Alpha
he worded it wrong, he meant to say, when you enable realistic mode it automaticly gets disabled

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah for non-realistic mode that would be kool.

Sithak
December 31, 2003, 2:33 am
great sudggestion. i would love to jump with m79. and that way u can kill more easier because u can go short range. and not die ^^

bLaStEr
December 31, 2003, 9:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Sithak
great sudggestion. i would love to jump with m79. and that way u can kill more easier because u can go short range. and not die ^^

Indeed, and that would be very stubid.

k thx bye

Takedwn
January 1, 2004, 5:23 am
sharpshooter you are right about the it wouldent be very realistic

Sithak
January 1, 2004, 6:24 am
who cares about realistic! REALISTIC MODE!!!!!

K4M1K4Z3
January 1, 2004, 7:35 pm
Tell me this, why do people measure things in terms of realism???

Bugs Revenge
January 2, 2004, 1:06 pm
It's so sucks!!!
man come on u will just spam with nades and jump there and don't die?
it's just sux sry..

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 2, 2004, 2:35 pm
noooo its really funny when u blow urself up i think it shouldnt change!!!!

b00stA
January 2, 2004, 2:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Bugs Revenge
It's so sucks!!!
man come on u will just spam with nades and jump there and don't die?
it's just sux sry..

It's an option, you don't have to play on servers where this is enabled.

"It's not sux" buh huh.

CardBoardWarrior
January 2, 2004, 2:54 pm
Damn this wud make me so much happier, 'cause lots of times when Im flying up and nade spamming at the same time I blow up!!! And that so dumb because Im throwin nades in the opposite direction!!!!

?
January 2, 2004, 3:34 pm
quote:"It's not sux" buh huh.
hahaha =P

KiLLBoT
January 3, 2004, 7:11 pm
oh my , do you people want to drain every last drop of skill from this game?? if your own projectiles didnt hurt you then everyone would just start grenade spamming everywhere without worrying about damage to themselves, well, maybe if it was a server option it might not be too bad. bah .. but what could be fixed is the mysterious mid air nade suicide... you know the one.. your flying out of the base for a cap throwing grenades behind you, and then mysteriously it seems one blows up in your hands and kills you O.o that really rains on my parade [xx(] oh and in 1.2 , because of the new speed physics [:D] , the M79 jump P'ZONES .. you can cap in like -6 seconds, me loves it, and it doesnt even hurt you that much if you do it right [^]

Aquarius
January 3, 2004, 7:20 pm
Personally I don't like it because of possible grenade spamming, which would ruin the game. Maybe if standard/custom game idea would be implemented (I hope it will be in 1.3), it could be one the editable options (self-damage percentage, 100% = default).

AerialAssault
January 4, 2004, 12:45 am
no! then i cant use the kamikaze

Dark Soul
January 5, 2004, 6:57 am
I said it would be an option!!! If you don't like it you shouldn't play it! :P

?
January 5, 2004, 9:00 pm
i enoy living =D