( search forums )
Unique muzzle flashes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2003, 11:14 pm
Today I was dreaming about when Michal said he would put unique bullets for each gun in 1.2 if he had the time (in this topic). Well I figured this won't be very good unless Michal makes unique [gun]-fire.bmp files too.

Anyway, what do you guys think? If you plan to add this along with the bullets Michal, could you post, so my mind is at rest =P

muzzmastah
December 29, 2003, 11:26 pm
sounds good. so, like you could have a huge muzzle flash with the minigun or minimi and a little one for the socom?

sauron_the_deceiver
December 30, 2003, 12:04 pm
Yeah, well I thought if you changed one gun to be a laser gun, it would be firing with the usual graphic, instead of being red/blue/green.

NuZZ
December 30, 2003, 12:18 pm
We allready have 4 or 5, but more would be better.
Uhh... But...
Michal, have you ever thought of light effect? All you would need is photoshop 7 and compatibility with transperentcy in soldat.
Just make a gradient or a Flash render. That would make the game look much much better. And if you has high light effected screenshots, that would hook up many more people into the game. Endlessly meaning that you get more money with doing such a simple job... :)

NuZZ
December 30, 2003, 12:22 pm
Or...
Just leave all the work to some of the pro's. (Not implying your sht michal) like I guess Night Cabbage :) and um... Maybe a lil bit of haro...
Maybe not me...(I can still get the job done >:)) and some otehr talented bums...

?
December 30, 2003, 4:49 pm
yeah a little transperency would be cool in soldat =D

sauron_the_deceiver
December 30, 2003, 5:41 pm
WTF, suggesting adding transparency? Christ, it already uses transparency!

Transparent scenery, transparency on blood (more wounded you are, the less transparent the blood sprite is - it is ALWAYS on you, just invisible), transparency on bullet trains, transparency on rain effect, transparency on sniper line and player indicator....jeez.

liquidis x snake
December 30, 2003, 6:04 pm
MUZZLE FLASHES!!

THEN I CAN CREATE MY UBER1337 EQUILIBRIUM MUZZLE FLASHES (awesome movie, btw)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

SERIAL KILLeR
December 30, 2003, 6:21 pm
Hmm where did i see those gifs before