( search forums )
Changing things about weapons!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zerosteel0
December 30, 2003, 12:19 am
This is just an idea (no insults or ill shall cry [:-weepn]), i don't want to sound stupid or nieve but wouldnt i be better if there was an extra file per weapon so that plp could edit them, example:

ak74 - name of weapon (simple)
weapon.bmp, x,y - the x,y are the position of each .bmp file and the .bmp files in the weapon-gfx folder
muzzle.bmp, x,y - the .bmp of the muzzle fire pic (allowing custome muzzle fire and its postion)
firesound.wav (custom sound file when fired)
bullet.bmp, x,y (.bmp file of gun bullet and postion)
bulletspeed - (obvious)
maxbullets - (obvious)
bulletgravity - (obvious)
bulletdamage - (obvious)

this file would theoritically easy to customize guns (and by easy i mean hard!) because ive tried on my own to redo the guns in soldat, but i would like them all in.!!!
PS if ne knows how to change the speed of the bullets, to add weapons like uzi's, with thier faster rate of fire, plz let me know!!!

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 4:22 am
"OUT OF SYNC MULTIPLAYER"

?
December 30, 2003, 4:44 pm
would leave to much rooom for cheats, lets just keep guns the same buddy
o btw "so insults or ill shall cry" check your typing next time, looks like you want us to flame you =/

sauron_the_deceiver
December 30, 2003, 5:59 pm
You know, everyone suggests having customisable weapons, but this is actually thought through.

Now the obvious problem is that you wouldn't be able to play online if your guns were different...well, I suggest a new idea. If it was possible to have another menu system in the profiles screen that you could select different weapon plugins in.

This would work by making a new folder in the soldat directory called 'weapon mods' or something similar. In this folder, there would be another folder called 'Default'. In Default, you would find weapon files like the ones suggested, and all the values would be as they are now. Then, you could copy and paste this folder, rename the folder to be your weapon mod name, then change the weapons.

After doing this, you could run soldat and switch from default to whatever you called your folder. Then if you looked in options, the list of weapons would have renamed themselves according to the names you gave in your mod. From here you could player single player with your own weapons, and if you wanted to play multiplayer, you could go and switch back to default again.

Of course, this means a lot of work for Michal. I like the idea, but it will take time to put in, if he finds it appropriate.

T: And why would it give possibility for cheaters?

palloco
December 30, 2003, 7:31 pm
The way he talked about that: one file per weapon, would allow anyone to ramdonly modify the file to check what does it make, and anyone would easily find how to improve weps.

Silent-Thunder
December 31, 2003, 1:32 am
Yes, but that would only work if someone else has the same weapon mod in multiplayer, and who would be dumb enough to play a rigged weapons mod?

Sithak
December 31, 2003, 2:04 am
i think its an ok idea. but yea it would leave to much room for cheats.

i would change the berrets name to "noob tool"

Zerosteel0
January 1, 2004, 11:08 pm
Sauron sure knows what im talkin bout, giving plp the chance to play wit more weapons, instead of the ones that came wit it. Cause im hate games where there arent enough weapons [:-devil]

They call post them on this forum for Michal to check them out and agree to put them in the next update.

And besides for some one like me who has dsl which runs like a crap 12kb/sec modem, you would care if they were over powerd. etc. etc. etc.

Also, i ment to suggest that, there shuold eb a scrollable list for weapons, custom Soldat, so more could be added later!

Ps. I know my spellins craps... Im a dumb a*s! Playin games for 12 yrs more than 50 hrs a week, has rotted my fragile little mind[xx(]!!

Aquarius
January 1, 2004, 11:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sithak
i would change the berrets name to "noob tool"

It is possible, even with the current version.

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 12:18 am
^Yeh, you just change the weaponnames file. Most mods change the names of guns that way.