My request ^_~
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
bLaStEr
December 30, 2003, 1:20 pm
:Request:.

Ability to put own text under avatar.

[IMAGE]
The Text

It could be limited to 50 chars & only for people who got 500+ posts.
Dunno I've seen this in many places & It looks sweet :) But it's up to you styx [;)]

eyic
December 30, 2003, 1:34 pm
i think anyone should be able to put text under their sig if this ever does get put onto the forum, coz if u made a post limit u need to get text under ur avatar it'd make people spam for it

villekallio
December 30, 2003, 2:38 pm
I think it should be limited to 10-15 letters and everyone could use it.

DNA.styx
December 30, 2003, 3:13 pm
quote::Request:.

Ability to put own text under avatar. Request being considered, but it doesn't look good.

koil
December 30, 2003, 3:54 pm
would cuz some scams..
example:

newbie1 posted in the 'report bugs' board:

newbie1:help me! i need help! some mod pm me!
someone who got under his avatar a 'moderator' text (or even a 'modaraitor'.. so the 'bad words block' wont help here) posts to him on pm:

someone: ok, i know how to solve this. plz accept the 'soldat patch' (aka trojan) i sent you in email and go to www.myip.com and tell me what it says.

this wont work. ever.

Meandor
December 30, 2003, 4:53 pm
Koil, if that's the problem:
- People that get fooled like that shouldn't be on internet =- I think there can be a filter that prevents using words such as mod - admin - moderator? And even if not, the guy would be probably flagged.

?
December 30, 2003, 5:03 pm
yeah i think it would be neat, and like meandor said if they are that stupid they shouldn't be on teh internt*cough*iqtest*cough* =P

koil
December 30, 2003, 6:58 pm
Meandor:
well, for the flag part, the guy can be an 0post-count (aka 2nd user from the same comp. example: like i'm koil right now, AND bad people guy spokesman. under the user koil i talk regular, and under the BPGS i scam).

'people that get fooled like that shouldnt be in the internet' - fully agree.

BUT, i'm guessing styx wants a clean forum, withount any kind of 'hacking' history.

?:
...if there were an iqtest, i bet you weren't here.

?
December 30, 2003, 7:11 pm
wanna try me?