( search forums )
A better Official InterfaceMaker
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
y0da
December 30, 2003, 2:22 pm
Alright, I'll just get right to the point. The Official InterfaceMaker is damned bugged and it sucks. (officialy LxS have said it, but i agree whit it to [;)])

If i want to make a interface whit numbers, the InterfaceMaker haves only 1 font!

It haves no meny options and i suggest:
- adding other fonts for numbers and names of guns,
- it should have an option that you can change the shapes&position of weoepens menu,
- i don't have more ideas. people, give ideas!

juice _ box
December 30, 2003, 2:45 pm
The interface maker is fine.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 30, 2003, 4:03 pm
Its not that bad your just stupid.

juice _ box
December 30, 2003, 4:19 pm
quote:Its not that bad your just stupid.
He's correct.

I didn't have a problem using the interface maker to create this.
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6416

y0da
December 30, 2003, 4:23 pm
yeah, i can do that myself <_<... but i want new fonts in it! Okay, forget about "damned bugged".

?
December 30, 2003, 4:41 pm
i agree with the chaging the shape of the weapons menu

b00stA
December 30, 2003, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by y0da

It haves no meny options and i suggest:
- adding other fonts for numbers and names of guns,
- it should have an option that you can change the shapes&position of weoepens menu,
- i don't have more ideas. people, give ideas!

The ability to add external fonts will only cause problems.. where would the font have to be? Is it a default font from windows? (Arial, Verdana, etc.)?
Changing the shape/position of the weapon menu.. it's not bad, but it's not very useful either imho.

sauron_the_deceiver
December 30, 2003, 5:46 pm
Y0da worded it wrong. We don't want a BETTER interface maker, we want a more POWERFUL one. I'd like to see more gradient effects on bars and stuff. For example, the interface in my signature uses a heartbeat in the health bar. However, instead of it getting more rapid over lower health, it just moves to the side and leaves a straight line. Having a bar able to squash up and stretch along with moving to the side would be nice.

Being able to choose which is above the other...[variable] bar or [variable] icon? Say if I wanted to make a health icon which had a section of transparent in the middle, and a health bar which hid behind the icon and slowly came into view in the icon, I'd have to make the bar 'behind' the icon, but the interface maker only allows bars to be on top of icons.

I'd also like to see a different sizable grid in the interface maker, exactly the same to the one in the map maker. I had to line my icons up using the bars as rulers =|

I hope you understand what I mean, its hard to explain.

y0da
December 31, 2003, 3:18 pm
Thx for help, sauron...

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 9:57 am
The interface maker is extremely limited...

Just used for placing things basically.

It would take more work to fix up, and Michal may prefer to spend his time on the game, I know he gets bored doing things like the interface maker :P