( search forums )
Bot forum.
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
M
December 30, 2003, 10:09 pm
I am not meaning about soldat but this can be another thing. There are like bots for froum that if you say in a froum where the bot is it will respond you back. I know its hard to add that (I am trying to add one on my forum.) but can your try to add that bot? It is really funny to talk with a bot.
Just a suggestion.

R
December 30, 2003, 10:33 pm
hahahah a new type of spam, with a bot, how amusing. no.

Sithak
December 30, 2003, 10:44 pm
why are all u people do mean to him

b00stA
December 30, 2003, 11:11 pm
M, you probably mean a chatterbot.

There are many of them out there, just google for them.
I already scripted some and you can have lots of fun with them ;) I could make a PHP version (again..) and if styx is friendly enough he could implement it somehow (maybe just a link).

morpheus
December 30, 2003, 11:45 pm
M, check out this page. http://www.alicebot.org/live.html

i made up a bot a couple of years ago similiar to alice for a forum i used to moderate. instead of someone having to read the whole faq, they just typed in a question, and (usually) got the answer they were looking for.

if this is what you're looking for, i'll dig around and see if i still have a copy of the script. it's in php, so you'll need a php enabled server.

DNA.styx
December 31, 2003, 1:35 am
> Just a suggestion.
No thanks M, fire one onto your own forum and we'll come visit.

M
December 31, 2003, 8:59 am
I know Alice bot. I am trying to put it on my forum but i can't.
Dna. It will not be very soon. I have to wait for invision board 2.0 . :(

qtR`
January 1, 2004, 2:16 am
Do you mean like the like the Fishbot on QuakeNet in mIRC???(www.fishbot.net)

b00stA
January 1, 2004, 5:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by qtR`
Do you mean like the like the Fishbot on QuakeNet in mIRC???(www.fishbot.net)

Fishbot isn't really a chatterbot, nothing special, just some default replies :)

Here we go again, quoted from an old post:
quote:mIRC is not a chat. It's a client (Microsoft Internet Relay Chat) that connects to IRC servers (several servers joined together are a network like IRCnet, QuakeNet, Efnet, Dalnet, ..). So.. mIRC = one of MANY clients and IRC is the protocol.
It's like saying "yo, dude! you heard of this Internet Explorer? you can find lots of stuff there!!"
*stabs Khaled*

DNA.styx
January 2, 2004, 3:33 am
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
> Just a suggestion.
No thanks M, fire one onto your own forum and we'll come visit.
Hmmmm...just spent a while playing arround with ALICE perhaps it would be good for a distraction :)

Will test more tonight (this morning) and post link tomorrow.

mr_bob
January 2, 2004, 8:43 am
the only way i see it as a good thing is if someone gets bored and wants to go play around with a bot or for the faq so they dont have to scroll through all that crap to find what they are looking for like ports and protocols and everything like that