( search forums )
1.2.1 bug overview (for Michal and posters)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
b00stA
October 27, 2004, 2:33 pm
This is supposed to be a list to help Michal get an overview of what to fix for the next release.

Vote percentage too low
Another one
Solution: Increase the vote percentage manually (Soldat.ini > [Network] > Vote_Percent=80)

M3U playlists are flawed
Topic
Solution: Make sure the paths are right. It still is flawed.. see the topic.
My comment: I propose using your own format, not M3U. Using absolute paths *only* should fix a few things. I'm sure someone will provide a tool to create those playlists.

Spas-12 reload+shoot bug
Topic

Minor bug in the mode selection/interface
Topic/post

"No bots" filter unchecks itself
Topic

Game host warps around when shot ("0 ping bug")
another one

Demos don't seem to support shooting of health/grenade boxes
Collision of chainsaw is flawed
Soldat freezes when changing to a custom map
Remainder of the /mute bug from the beta
Topic

Decreasing sound in the options menu lowers music volume
Topic

Bug to avoid removing of weapons in Advanced mode
Michal, feel free to edit my post and strike through ([s][/s]) bugs that you have fixed in the next release.

If any bugs are missing, then PM or write in this topic.

Inquisitor
October 27, 2004, 4:01 pm
i found a small bug.

start an infiltration match.
exit the game
close soldat
restart soldat
the bot selection boxes will be in 'deathmatch style'
click on 'infiltration' again to solve it.

ps : i wanted to upload a screeny, but :

Internal Server Error

b00stA
October 27, 2004, 4:18 pm
That's because the upload function of the forums does not work right now (or maybe it does now, but the file was too big). You can use www.imageshack.us
Errr, just have a look here, because this is not the right forum.

I'll add the bug to the list now.

Michal Marcinkowski
October 27, 2004, 4:38 pm
Vote percentage too low: I don't understand the problem. The server admins should change it. You can use the command /vote% to change it. It's the first day of the new version don't worry, admins should handle it.

SuperKill
October 27, 2004, 5:43 pm
screwed up menu screens -> restart your computer.

Inquisitor
October 27, 2004, 7:34 pm
wont help

b00stA
October 28, 2004, 12:41 am
Inquisitor, uninstall Soldat, re-install Soldat to another directory, then restart.

So far restarting has solved the problem for everyone..

DannyLB
October 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Michal the map inf_Invasion is horrible. But it can be easily switched by switching the white flag with the grey flag. The blue team defends the white flag :/ , and there is no way of blue to win when the red team can always take the grey flag because it is at their base where the white flag should be.

that fuking sniper
October 28, 2004, 2:45 am
The 0-ping bug where you shot the host and threw him across the map, is that still around? Because I've played a nice boogie match (bots) yesterday with some friends and whenever I shot them it had the same acceleration previously caused by the 0-ping bug.

kevith
October 28, 2004, 3:22 am
quote:Originally posted by DannyLB
Michal the map inf_Invasion is horrible. But it can be easily switched by switching the white flag with the grey flag. The blue team defends the white flag :/ , and there is no way of blue to win when the red team can always take the grey flag because it is at their base where the white flag should be.
That's the way it's supposed to be. See the original topic here. It's an invasion so the point is to get in... not get out.

GluLm
October 28, 2004, 9:13 am
Yes the 0-ping bug is still there, some other old bugs as well. This one if funny though.
As for the "screwed up menu screens", free your RAM, this might solve the problem (actually I haven't had this bug yet).

Thaegue
October 28, 2004, 5:12 pm
In a lan game, i recorded a demo, in that i kept on hitting at healthpack till at the end of that demo.

But at replaying this demo, i was shooting only into the blameless air.

Here's the demo's address what i recorded :

http://see-es-pi.cafe24.com/board_data/cafe24_1/board/bod0286/t28540601/shooting.sdm

even this's nothing important, but bug too.

b00stA
October 28, 2004, 6:43 pm
Thaegue, the link doesn't work, even when I copy the whole line and open it.
Maybe paste it at www.tinyurl.com and tell us.

Social Poison
October 28, 2004, 7:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
Vote percentage too low: I don't understand the problem. The server admins should change it. You can use the command /vote% to change it. It's the first day of the new version don't worry, admins should handle it.

That's true for the big servers... but when it comes to little public servers, a lot of the players don't know how to change the setting (or don't care or are too lazy :P). We're just asking for the default value to be set up higher. :)

chakapoko maker
October 28, 2004, 11:43 pm
collision of chainsaw is bugged. it seems inverted and my shoulder hurts anybody in back of me.

GluLm
October 29, 2004, 12:12 am
quote:chakapoko maker wrote:
collision of chainsaw is bugged. it seems inverted and my shoulder hurts anybody in back of me.

I've noticed this bug as well.
Try using the chainsaw on a collider -small collider- and see (try crouching too, it helps to see).
The dust made by the weapon comes behind the soldier.

Soulsnipa
October 29, 2004, 4:47 am
Big bug using custom maps.

CAUSES SOLDAT PROGRAM TO FREEZE

Description: Start a game...usually I run with a custom map. People come in...download the map such as my latest FPMAK...and we play around. When we done I choose to change to another custom map I made, like Demon. I type /map ctf_demon...press enter. Everyone leaves...and my client completely freezes. No one can come back and download the map, and I have to control+alt+del.

Thaegue
October 29, 2004, 10:23 am
omg...!! Sorry for missing link... http://tinyurl.com/6c6hy

Bugs Revenge
October 29, 2004, 10:53 am
Hmm, I guess i've found a new bug---> Annoying one = Automaticly Muting? o.O
i've been playing yesterday in a cw and I just couldn't write anything.. then i pressed the f1 key and saw i was muted somehow.. (and there was no other admin..)
i've unmuted myself and could write for few min, then once again.. that's happened about 4 times..
Might the server auto muting me?! or could it some noadmin mute me.. wtf..?
(it's happen also to another player from my clan before it's started and i could remember in the Beta version Serial kill got muted over and over again....)
maybe it's just number 2 always gettin' muted? Help meh...

Thaegue
October 29, 2004, 2:08 pm
Here's another bug I found in advance games.

When you can select specific weapon at weapon list, and you die some times so that you can't select that weapon again,

but still you can select that weapon, and i think it is a bug.

Here's an example(AK-74, in this case) :

- Enjoy killing enemies at least until you can select AK-74
- Die die die with grabbing your AK(it's MUST), and you can't select that weapon
- During respawn time, please press number 3 very slightly
- At the end of time, you have respawned, with AK again!!

It works again and again, until that game ends.

Messiah
October 30, 2004, 2:22 am
There is also still that frigin "Crouch Float" as people call it, when you get stuck and you crouch and fly around like your hacking and you cant shoot >_>.

Deleted User
October 30, 2004, 2:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaBig bug using custom maps.

CAUSES SOLDAT PROGRAM TO FREEZE

Description: Start a game...usually I run with a custom map. People come in...download the map such as my latest FPMAK...and we play around. When we done I choose to change to another custom map I made, like Demon. I type /map ctf_demon...press enter. Everyone leaves...and my client completely freezes. No one can come back and download the map, and I have to control+alt+del.
Joining server with custom map freezes the game too. Annoying.

Deleted User
October 30, 2004, 4:03 pm
sometimes if there is a kick wiindow and the guy got kicked the window with the same guy appears again and again although he has already been kicked...

Surfpup
October 31, 2004, 11:24 am
I found a bug (an annoying one). I just went to go play soldat and it said "Cannot play with modified animations, please reinstall soldat". i didn't modify anything, and i'll be pissed if i have to reinstall soldat 3 times a week.

Surfpup
October 31, 2004, 11:32 am
ANOTHER BUG!!!: i just downloaded the full installer, and it says something like "delete failed" so it can't overwrite the existing soldat files. so i have to delete them MANUALLY! OH THE AWEFUL LABOR!!

Surfpup
October 31, 2004, 11:33 am
nevermind, it helps to not have soldat.exe running... (lol)

DannyLB
October 31, 2004, 5:09 pm
thats not really a bug, thus no need to be fixed in an instant.

Thaegue
November 1, 2004, 7:56 am
(This bug isn't what I found myself but..)

If you are on the horizontal ground and stick on right or left wall, your M79's speed will become VERY slow, or you'll damage yourself.

(I'm not good at English so here's a demo that will substitute my explanation)

http://tinyurl.com/3ncaq

Marbire
November 1, 2004, 11:09 pm
I tried playing soldat today and it told me "Cannot play with modified animations, please reinstall the game."

I haven't modified anything...

Vijchtidoodah
November 2, 2004, 1:36 am
I used the SSCC program to change the color of my skin in the last version but it think it causes a window to pop up whenever I try to enter a server. It says,"Cannot play with modified animations. Please reinstall the game."

Do I really have to reinstall or is there some way to disable the changes. Can I just download someone else's soldat.ini file?

b00stA
November 2, 2004, 1:55 pm
To all of you that have problems with modified animations, read this sticky.

iLLskiLLs
November 2, 2004, 7:28 pm
What about the bug when your in server, but cannot Chat? Everyone Else can chat But your players chat doesnt appear? It happened quite frequently During an Sctfl Match to me yesterday and it caused me to Leave server during match multiple times. after quick re-installing its only happened once....

And how about copying this IP address and putting in the IP slot for soldat. gecko@slowrain.net pw:bomb. now if you copied all of that Including the password and You pasted it in the soldat IP slot, then deleted the pw:bomb phrase it Will read, Host lookup denied, and You must exit soldat Re-open with the existing IP you already put their and then it works....*confusing maybe*

b00stA
November 3, 2004, 3:46 pm
illskills, the mute bug has already been reported: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18226

The other one just works fine for me. I copy and paste gecko@slowrain.net pw:bomb to the IP box. Then I copy bomb to the password field and delete the " pw:" part, press join, done.
Maybe you think the text is gone? It's there, just scroll through using the <- -> arrow keys.
..or do you mean something else?

iLLskiLLs
November 4, 2004, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

The other one just works fine for me. I copy and paste gecko@slowrain.net pw:bomb to the IP box. Then I copy bomb to the password field and delete the " pw:" part, press join, done.
Maybe you think the text is gone? It's there, just scroll through using the <- -> arrow keys.
..or do you mean something else?

Yes i mean something different. My experience
Well, I don't know Why it was happening 2 days ago on the (SN) server People from (UP)clan and people from my clan were both waiting on me And i was told in msnthe IP was (Example) gecko@slowrain.netPW:bomb. Then i copied it and pasted it in the IP slot and deleted the pw:bomb part, Kept getting Null remote access Like the server wasnt even Online, but My clannies and Some members from (UP) kept msging me saying hurry up lmao.

Seems I was wrong about this Bug, It happened There is no doubt about it, But ive been trying to do this again and it works fine.
Maybe, it has something to due with lag - Me 56k east coast u.s.a, and (SN) server somewhere not in North america. I dont know owell sorry :P

EDIT: oh ABout the No chatting Bug, I didnt know it was the same Bug because I didnt know I was Muted. some of the players I was playing with Said If someone muted me then Only that Player wouldent hear me, /Kazuki Might have told me this or /EnJoY. I cant remember But I know when someone told me that Noone told me Different. My mistake.

Boer
November 5, 2004, 12:36 pm
Well I have found 4 bugs:
1.In advance mode , reinstalling solves this but only for a few games, you simply don advance anymore, like 20 kills 3 deaths, and still only secondary weapons. This first happened when playing bunker. And in arena 3 and 2!.
2.Sometimes when exiting to menu(game finished) , it says that thing of "using software mode instead" and it changes to window. If you play the game then, only black screen (happened twice).
3.In a team match in HH, there was this nameless, totally motionless and totally black bot whitch you can kill and it gives points, but bots ignore it. this happend only once.
4.On chencnobyl_ctf(very cool map!!!) my soldier stuck crouching, and cannot shoot, and if you fly the guy goes backword!!(once only)

ps - I think the Bullet time should be a bit longer, with a blurry effect.
Maby theupgraded with a patch and i have a ati RADEON 9200 GFX card.

b00stA
November 5, 2004, 1:38 pm
Boer, Michal already knows about 3 and 4.

Thaegue
November 8, 2004, 5:34 pm
I had go to blue team from red team, and I started at bravo's base.

But I was still wearing RED jacket(?).

Blue ppl tried to kill me but i didn't died, same to me I can't kill blues.

The scoreboard showed me that I'm CERTAINLY a red, so I got curious.

I found that is a bug, not until I found I could attack only with red each other.

Here's a demo:

http://see-es-pi.cafe24.com/board_data/cafe24_1/board/bod0286/t28540601/Red_spy.rar
http://see-es-pi.cafe24.com/board_data/cafe24_1/board/bod0286/t28540601/Red_spy.r00

vegkl
November 12, 2004, 6:38 pm
"Cannot play whit modefied animations" I have no modefied animations, and it only comes when I try to join online servers.

b00stA
November 13, 2004, 3:45 pm
vegkl: Common Bugs, Problems, Questions etc list

Bubba
November 15, 2004, 9:25 pm
I allways have a problem with when i design a custom map, someone joins and then get kicked. Likewise, when i join someone elses map that they custom designed, i get kicked and it says Wrong map version. Is it a bug or is it me?

Deleted User
November 16, 2004, 4:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by MessiahThere is also still that frigin "Crouch Float" as people call it, when you get stuck and you crouch and fly around like your hacking and you cant shoot >_>.

I called it the 'crouch bug'. It funny, and annoying, anbd you have to ask someone to kill you, raises some lol's in the chat, hehe

b00stA
November 17, 2004, 1:04 pm
Wassow, you can get out of it when you press prone.

Maelstrom
November 19, 2004, 1:27 pm
I have noticed a bug a few times. Not sure if its fixed in the new version but anyways. When u collect a power-up, like for instance Flame-God(this might be the onlyone it works with, mabey not), and go round torching people for a while. Then u notice the Predator bonus lying on the ground and your flamer is about to run out. Logically, u stand on the pred, waiting for the flamer to run out so u can collect the predator. but whenj it runs out, if u are standing right on the pred power-up, u collect the pred... AND KEEP THE FLAMER!!!! Its really cool fun running round invisible ith a flamer, but its a bug, so i am reporting it.

chakapoko maker
November 19, 2004, 5:31 pm
- Demo playing bug (or something not reported)

When you play a demo under 100% speed, the top and bottom part of the screen are allways cut like as bullet time effect.

Inverted
November 23, 2004, 12:43 am
I guess someone already reported, but I couldnt find it, so here it is:

If you use /mercy command to kill yourself, you are basically shooting yourself with your gun, but if you use the command while your gun is loading (very easy to do with barret, or minigun, but with using the click-exit on console then returning you can make it with any gun) quite obviously you wont die couse you cant shoot yourself. Till this part its okay, but if you do this, from that point all your bullets will hit you (but wont hurt) the same way as it happens when you shoot other players and the bullets go through them, which means you will produce quite some blood effect using an MP5 for example. And the bullets speed decreeses also but its power seems to be the same as normal (Ive tested it with a barret on bots, I could still one-shot them, while a barret shot cant kill a player if it already went through another).

Note that this wont make you invincible or anything either, however your own bullets wont hurt you (when you shoot up and they fall back) if youve already reloaded at least once since using the command(Im not sure about this, but the first clip will hurt for sure)
M79 is the exception, but thats not a bullet after all. :) I didnt try LAW.

I could only create this effect on single player, in Internet games it didnt work, and I havent tried it on LAN. Altho I guess it should work in Internet games on server-side.

Deleted User
December 6, 2004, 8:22 pm
There seems to be a problem with the M79 and the bink aspect of the game.

When a player is up against a wall and clearly facing away from it, their M79 shells will detonate upon them for no good reason.

FliesLikeABrick
December 6, 2004, 8:25 pm
not to mention how horribly unstable windows servers are when they use custom maps. Sometims it actually locks everyone out of the server and leaves it at "Requesting Game..." and sometimes the server is still up but cannot write to any of the log files nor gamestat.txt

Deleted User
December 8, 2004, 5:13 pm
There's a (somewhat rare) bug where bullets become stuck in mid-air.

I've experienced it two or three times in Soldat 1.2, and once in 1.2.1, and a few other users have reported it as well.

KaOSoFt
December 11, 2004, 8:17 pm
Well, this is just to comment that the "crashed" map really crashes me. :P

It's the only map that crashes on me, it doesn't even ask to download in the lobby window (like others do indeed), so, if any of you have it, I'd really appreciate that someone upload it or something.

To Soldat team, thanks for everything.

Virnik
December 16, 2004, 9:46 am
Can u help me? My server crushing...Sometimes, I can login, join, and play, as others can do. But then my server crash and ends with message about Admin login - what is not true, cos no Admin have logged in. Only I have admin for this game and only I got root on my gameserver.

[virnik@Cluster Soldat]# ./soldatserver

-= Soldat Dedicated Server 1.2.1 - BETA 2.2.1 =-

----------------------------------------------------------------
Caution! This software is still in BETA phase.
Soldat Dedicated Server initializing...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hit CTRL+C twice to exit
Please command the server using the Soldat Admin program
Welcome to Soldat 1.2.1
Server name: GameServer Cluster
Soldat Arena Two - version 2.1
Server IP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 23073
Connection for file server started. Port: 23083
Admin connected.
Runtime error 0 at FE1FFA90
Admin connected.
Runtime error 231 at F8058B11
Killed

DarkFlame
December 19, 2004, 1:41 am
Alright, I have a serious bug. When ever I start Soldat, I get 3 windows the say something like "29348 is an invalid integer." I can continue on, but when I try to play I get the 3 windows again and I can't play. I have reinstalled 3 times too and have purged my directory. Any ideas?

NVM- I reinstalled it again, rebooted, and now its fine. Yay. (BTW, I got rid of all Soldat related programs too.

ablationer
December 24, 2004, 7:09 pm
lot of people can't play with customs maps , for the host it say : 123.123.123.123 requesting the game , it stop here ... and for the player who want to join it stop at connection accepted to 321.321.321.321 ... i asked it to a lots of players and most of them have the same problem

Keron Cyst
December 25, 2004, 7:27 pm
Don't know if this minor "bug" has been posted or not (too busy to go through the pgs.), but upon the first spawn of a match after the first map, using the numbers to select your weapon doesn't work; you have to manually select the weapon. That gets really annoying sometimes since I want to start off and get moving quickly :-| Could this be changed?

Maluno
December 26, 2004, 7:35 pm
Dunno if its a bug or not, but sometimes when i am close to a nade explosion or m79 explosion, i drop my weapon. Also if hit at point blank range with a gun, i do this too. Also, if i leave soldat running whilst in a game for like 30 minutes then come back, half the keys dont respond: ie. esc, f1, tab, etc. I have to reboot my box because i cant exit game without esc key.

EDIT: lol remembered some more... funny how you cant think of them until you are playing again.

anyway-- I have experienced this very often, but i am unsure of what causes it. When i am in the middle of a close firefight with the enemy, i will often kill them, but then shortly afterwards, i die. My name doesnt show up in the kills console, nor does my death count increase (or does it? cant remember). Basically i am dead for no reason, and its NOT suicide by a nade as people keep telling me. I notice other people dying this way too, without their name in the kills console, but they dont say anything about it. Is it a bug?

--I only saw this a few times, but when some people are killed, their bodies seem to slowly float up in the air like ghosts, but the corpse is still on the ground. Maybe cause my gfx card is f'ed up (prosavage s3 integrated with mobo).

DaRkFiRe
January 10, 2005, 10:33 pm
Got a hint for demos: the counter for the kill stats (the relative ones) aren't increasing with your character (if you lead)

Here's an example: You are leading in the game with 97 (+63) but in the demo you have 0 kills and -63. Scoreboard works fine...

_Mancer_
April 23, 2005, 7:00 pm
In a clan war if someone disconnects or something and the admin needs to /pause, the time still keeps going. This needs to be fixed.

FliesLikeABrick
January 27, 2006, 6:01 pm
I am un-stickying this thread because it is horribly outdated, probably the most outdated sticky on the forum.