( search forums )
Is soldat too easy?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
akusokuzan
March 2, 2004, 2:05 am
I'm a new player and I'm really good at counter strike.
Today was my first day playing soldat and after few
rounds of capture the flag offline, I found this game too easy.
I mean, I got triple kill on the first ever round! With deagles!
My first time in CS was terrible. 1kill, 47deaths.
should I go online? Or should I just keep playing CS?
Soldat is 2D and aiming is extremely easy. There is no campers,
and even there is, it's easy to get them. You get free health,
free weapons, free grenades, it takes a second to reload...
And you can even fly! Holy crap?
What is this game?

akusokuzan
March 2, 2004, 2:09 am
Just another question,
r u guys all geeks? Or wapanese?
Or Asians? Cuz I'm Korean, and I know that
most guys with naems like ninja or something like that
are geeks trying to be japanese.

Aegis
March 2, 2004, 2:11 am
Go back to CS n00b.

Chakra
March 2, 2004, 2:16 am
..and as you can see, the community for this game isn't too far different from what you may have witnessed elsewhere.

Soldat is more challenging online than offline of course. Aiming may be easy, but not getting killed is a little harder. The bots in soldat aim perfectly if you're still, but they can't predict for [:-censored].

N1nj@
March 2, 2004, 2:17 am
I have the name N1nj@ on the forum, am I a geek? may be =/

but it doesn't matter what name you use, using the name ninja doesnt mean you are trying to be japanese. You are just being yourself, using a name that is comfortable with you.

and IMHO, deagles is a cheap gun, but hey that's me, try using other gun like ruger and see if you can aim "extremely easy".

Also, offline with bots sucks, go play online with some veterans.

Actually don't, go back to Counter-Strike and get your 47 deaths, this game is not for you.

akusokuzan
March 2, 2004, 2:20 am
What do you mean not getting killed is hard?
You get free heals, man!
They're everywhere!
And after 2seconds you get killed, you're alive agian!
So i can kill like thousands!

T.J.FoRd
March 2, 2004, 2:30 am
have you even played online?

BMF
March 2, 2004, 2:38 am
you think Soldat is easy? Duel me you stupid [:-censored]. See if i let you out of 5

N1nj@
March 2, 2004, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by akusokuzan
You get free heals, man!
They're everywhere!

Change the frequency to 3 in your Options tab in soldat.

And I would really like to see this duel myself.
BMF: don't kill him too fast, have some mercy for him.

Chakra
March 2, 2004, 3:24 am
quote:Originally posted by akusokuzan
You get free heals, man!
They're everywhere!

The gap between life and death is significantly shorter than almost all other games out there, but this doesn't change the core of the game being very similar in approach to other CTF/DM games.

Medikits aren't as helpful as they look, as it usually takes longer to reach one than it does to die. Consider medikits 'pitstops' for attackers, so they can face the enemy in their base at peak health.

And..um... yeah. Maybe you should go back to CS. No offence pal, but it looks like you're just here to take a few stabs at the game because you didn't find it to your taste. Give it a few goes online and you may find some depth to it all....or let BMF brush your anus with goat's butter and slowly present his latex foot to your stomach.

Roy
March 2, 2004, 3:30 am
Dude, this guy hasn't even played it online, and he comes on here saying "Soldat is too easy! I killed three bots in a row!" Yeah, nice job, Maverick.

Soldat is a multiplayer game, and multiplayer does not mean rape the bots. A game is as hard as its veterans will make it, and believe me, there are some tough vets out there.

Captain RibMan
March 2, 2004, 3:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
let BMF brush your anus with goat's butter and slowly present his latex foot to your stomach.

sick

Generic
March 2, 2004, 3:56 am
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. yea most of these jerk off's are wapanese

Icarius
March 2, 2004, 4:38 am
Some of you people need to really start growing up at some point because im sick to death of reading bull[:-censored] comments. R U A GEEK, R U WARPANESE?

Wtf is this [:-censored] people. Get a Grip. We aren't stereotypical [:-censored]ing people....

Oh and CS is a [:-censored] game, the only reason why so many like it, is because they [:-censored]ing cheat to hell on it

Generic
March 2, 2004, 5:09 am
holy [:-censored], thats one ironic post.

Josh1l6
March 2, 2004, 5:54 am
How to kill yourself, you show-off masochist:
0. Go to options and set the bots on Hard. I'm laughing at you if you wrote this topic about Easy bots.
1. Play CTF with 25 zombie bots, you alone on the other team.
2. Try them with guns.
3. Try it with realistic mode on.
4. Try teammatch instead of CTF.

Actually it's fun, and very good training for online.

Captain RibMan
March 2, 2004, 6:16 am
that guy was just playing boogie man on easy

SiB Danne
March 2, 2004, 7:50 am
Hehe another whiner joins the game, weee...

SuperKill
March 2, 2004, 8:58 am
yea i'm sure your good at cs.. oh wait let me guess .. you played only the introduction ?
did you post a f*cking retarded post like this one at the cs forums aswell when you started ?
f*cking homo learn how to play online

Aquarius
March 2, 2004, 9:12 am
SK, why are you so offensive?

Soltat too easy? No. It is a multiplayer game - it's as easy as your opponents will let you. And bots are not the best opponents [:D], however, you may make them a bit harder:

- go to Soldat\bots folder and delete file Boogie Man.bot
- in Options menu set Bots Difficulty to Impossible
- open Setup.exe and in Performance tab set Bot Seeing Quality to Great
- in CTF, INF and TM enemy team should have at least 2 more bot opponents
- don't play with bots [;)]

FroG-BoY
March 2, 2004, 9:17 am
No, BMF, get someone with less skill to beat him... not to mention 200 ping helps me play.

And another thing...
quote:Country: Canada

In conclusion, I'll keep my knowledge of hiragana and katakana, thank you very much.

m00`
March 2, 2004, 9:30 am
I agree, soldat is too easy now :/

Aquarius
March 2, 2004, 9:37 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`
I agree, soldat is too easy now :/

??? Maybe you play to much with n00bs... Multiplayer game itself can't be easy or hard! Opponents may, but not Soldat.

SuperKill
March 2, 2004, 10:08 am
they both play with bots and n00bs

Hitman
March 2, 2004, 11:22 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
you think Soldat is easy? Duel me you stupid [:-censored]. See if i let you out of 5
Hehe, beat me to it.

palloco
March 2, 2004, 2:49 pm
Man, you were surely playing against bots in newbie mode. Normal player can win alone against 4 impossible bots in ctf. Are you able to do that? Then try playing online , where you will find this kind of players.
People who say soldat is easy are obviously n00bs who only play to win in the boring way.

Generic
March 2, 2004, 2:53 pm
Soldats been to easy since 1.2

Aquarius
March 2, 2004, 3:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Generic
Soldats been to easy since 1.2

/mercy

N1nj@
March 2, 2004, 9:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by FroG-BoY
No, BMF, get someone with less skill to beat him... not to mention 200 ping helps me play.

And another thing...
quote:Country: Canada

In conclusion, I'll keep my knowledge of hiragana and katakana, thank you very much.

what's that suppose to mean? quoting canada?

Kazuki
March 2, 2004, 9:59 pm
This was the most idiotic post in the world. Playing against bots and calling the game easy. This guy is on crack. By the way, I'm not japanese and I just have this name because he's my favorite Samurai Shodown character. And saying that there arnt many campers? You seriously have something wrong with you, bud. Almost 80% of the Soldat population is Barreters, and by the time you've shot them once with deagles, you're pretty much dead unless you have a vest. So those of you who say Deagles are cheap, shut up :P Cuz they're not as cheap as the barret.

Sekushi
March 2, 2004, 10:12 pm
Welcome to the Soldat community. I hope you choke.

Kazuki
March 2, 2004, 11:31 pm
Amen. By the way, nice sig. >.>

Generic... 1.2 came out about 1 month ago... that's not long. And Soldat has been harder since then, considering the barret was de-nerfed. (just my opinion) God, I hate how people try to look good by saying the dumbest things.

Hitman
March 2, 2004, 11:35 pm
quote:Almost 80% of the Soldat population is Barreters*Shudders* Scary.

JockStrap
March 3, 2004, 12:17 am
Um, now I realise why I don't check these forums as much as I used to, some of you guys need to pull your heads outta your asses, or go jump off a bridge, he asked a question, he didn't come here boasting...and another thing, what the hell have a hell of alot of soldat players got against CS and other similar games, you don't like it don't play it, simple as that. Its not like you get force fed the game is it? :/

HellRaider
March 3, 2004, 1:24 am
akusokuzan, i'd just like to let u know u've all our time, writting up this bull[:-censored] post..go back to cs n00b

Aquarius
March 3, 2004, 1:41 am
Shut up HellRaider. I hate n00bs like you - a n00b who flames another n00b.

Hitman
March 3, 2004, 1:43 am
Calm down Ladies.

societies_punishment
March 3, 2004, 3:57 am
i will read no more of this garbage i [:-censored]ing hate noobs for this reason they think they are all big and bad because they play cs .... theres a reason why we play soldat because theres everykind of asshole on cs ..... you are just an example of one ...its harder to play soldat online ...bottom line you are NOT good at soldat right off the bat i dont care who you are or how long you have been playing that piece of [:-censored] that valve released that is counter strike

why dont you go bother people your own age go play with your public school friends on cs on your own server and tk someone and ban them or did you get tired of that

personally i dont play cs becuase i lagg to much and that unstable massive unimpressive ugly textured unfair maps and weapon problems game that needs replaced same with the retarded knifeing mod that crashes the server .... dont even bother responding we will just flame you back to the cs forums

Kazuki
March 3, 2004, 4:23 am
lol @ Aquarius. It's pretty true, what Hellraider said though. He has wasted all of our (valuable?) time writing about how Soldat is too easy before even playing it online. Online, soldat is a completely different game. And also, he is a newbie, althought I wouldn't have insulted him.

Sekushi
March 3, 2004, 4:30 am
Societies_punishment, I can't wait until Styx sees your signarute.

Niff
March 3, 2004, 6:05 am
ROFL!
Go back to CS..

fabmanx
March 3, 2004, 6:24 am
God, havent eny of u ppl noticed that he hasnt even replied to ur posts, god damn shut up already. Though once ur a vet like me 1v1's come to easy :) *chuckles*

societies_punishment
March 4, 2004, 3:34 am
hey fab you gotta admit its fun flameing the hell outta someone espesaily when they cant fight back becuase they forgot about their own post or perhaps he gave up .....w/e if still funny .. now hes back in cs where he belongs

still i would have liked to taken him to school on soldat and let you guys mop up whats left of him ... DA WELL so whats next.....

o yea my sig pic is gone [B)] this is retarded im gonna go read the rules again ......

[mumbles on the way out] .....2nd time this has happened [slams door]

N1nj@
March 4, 2004, 3:51 am
quote:So those of you who say Deagles are cheap, shut up :P Cuz they're not as cheap as the barret.
I can't say it any better myself. Deagles = Barrets, both ARE cheap !!!

quote:and another thing, what the hell have a hell of alot of soldat players got against CS and other similar games, you don't like it don't play it, simple as that. Its not like you get force fed the game is it? :/
Most of us DO actually like CS and other similar games, but sometimes you can't tie Soldat & Counter-Strike together, like some of the suggestions poeple suggested in the forum are trying to make Soldat into Counter-Strike 2D. And we don't need that kind of crap around Soldat. period.

societies_punishment
March 4, 2004, 4:05 am
spyder man makes a dam good point you cannot compare cs and soldat in fact they are argueably 2 completely different games in the sense that they follow absolutly no aspect at all of eachother other then players die by weapons .... cs is a terrorist counter terrorist 3d game soldat is a deathmatch ctf rambomatch ...etc 2d patform game you cannot compare them

however i stand by my previous comment people on cs are mostly assholes everyone pretty much knows eachother on soldat just depends on the times you play i guess [:D]

in fact ...how the hell do you sort out all the clans on cs how do you...nvm i hate cs

N1nj@
March 4, 2004, 4:11 am
I just hate it when people like this who wants to make the game exactly like Counter-Strike. They just pisses me off, this game is unique, and let it stay this way forever.

Hova
March 4, 2004, 7:06 am
Why are the deagles cheap :P

palloco
March 4, 2004, 10:33 am
Cuz n00bs call all weapons cheap

societies_punishment
March 5, 2004, 3:36 am
nins and palloco very good point

i think that yes counterstrike should stay counterstike and soldat stay soldat however there would be a few features i wouldnt mind for example downloading the maps from the host server if you dont have the map am i right

and yes the guns are pretty balacnced now STOP BITCHING N00BS just like when someone camps everyone whines its just because its iratating i find it better when someone camps becuase hit or miss me they are a sitting duck for a spit second becuase they cant get up

Kazuki
March 5, 2004, 4:29 am
We all have our own opinions on things, heh. For example, I think that Fabman thinks too much of himself. Yes, he is very good, but no need for bragging ;) Another thing, the Barret is a sniping weapon, not the weapon of the 50th century. Thirdly, I prefer Soldat over Counter Strike any day. It takes up way less space, its online-compatible, and it's still really fun. Lastly, ok, fine... Deagles are cheap according to society. Damn society, damn them all :P I don't understand how Deagles are so cheap, as they seem pretty equal to the other weapons to me. Well, whatever. As I said before, just my opinions.