( search forums )
How to check if a Soldat server is online
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
majik
March 17, 2004, 11:43 pm
Just as the topic says.. does anyone know how to check if a Soldat server is online or not?

I'm wanting to have a "game server status" section on my site, and I've got it working for Quake II.. I just need to get it going for Soldat.

For Quake II (doing this all in PHP btw), I send "ÿÿÿÿinfo 34" to the server, and when I get a reply that has a string length of >= 5, I then say that the server is online..

For Soldat.. I've just done a little bit of tinkering around, and here's what I've found out so far, about what'll send me a reply back (which is needed, if I'm to do this via UDP)..

Sending "d" the server replies back with "h20ˬ" and the server console reports "Registering server @ 192.168.0.95" when I do that.. (the server is at 192.168.0.23 btw, while my LAN IP is 192.168.0.95).

Sending "i" (as in "ivy" or such), I get a reply back "j" (as in "jack")..

Should I just use one of these, or is there a better way to do it? Like maybe checking the admin server, via TCP?

samthemon
April 15, 2004, 7:30 am
... you shouldnt be sending raw packets to the server, obviously these packets are tellings the server to do stuff. not recommended.

but anyways, to check if a server is online, wouldn't you just check to see if the connection to it succeeded?