( search forums )
Modification Forum Posting Guidelines now posted
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
DNA.styx
December 9, 2002, 11:56 am
Just added a sticky to the Show off your 1337 mods! containing some guidelines for posting there. Feel free to discuss the post here.

MrKhan
December 10, 2002, 6:53 am
about posting screens , is it reeeeally necessery if the screens already are located on the site?

DNA.styx
December 10, 2002, 10:49 am
the point of posting screens is to let folks see what the mod looks like before their download it. At the moment you can't link directly to a screen in Sx3 so yes, it's necessary.

MrKhan
December 14, 2002, 11:23 pm
in Sx3? if my message to the people on forums is : here is my mod , take a look in here www.blabla.com for SS's and DL!'
why do I then need to have an ss on the forums? isnt an url full with ss's enough?

DNA.styx
December 15, 2002, 12:18 am
yup, posting links to or actual screen shots is working fine for mod'ers and users alike.

Adding screen's to Sx3 (with the amount of traffic that goes through the forum portal) will do a mod or map no harm at all (I've add 4/5 PMs from folks asking about mod screens that I uploaded at the start). It's not compulsory its just somewhere else to advertise your mod.

Oh yea, I've also set up direct linking to screens in Sx3, example, voting's disabled but that will be added shortly.