( search forums )
PoW Hostage Saving
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
ReDevil
March 28, 2004, 6:27 pm
OK, i never played CS so dont say this isnt that CS spirit that CS has.
anyway this is SOLDAT! i dont say soldat is 1/4 life but i think its better
than 1/2 life (Half-Life).... but anyway lets see what 'rules' i made.

DONT BE A N00B IF YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW/PLAY/KILL BY THESE RULES!!!

-Its a teammatch,Reds are Terrorists,Blues are Counters, and Yellows are Civilian

-Reds can use only these weapons: Desert eagles,Ak-47,Steyr AUG,Spas-12,Ruger 66 and M79

-Blues can use only these weapons:HK MP5,Steyr AUG,Spas-12,M79,Barret,FN Minimi

-Yellows are Civilians so they cant use anything other than Fists

-Survival mode on and team that respawn first loses -1 point

-Before starting everyone should go to their place where they should respawn,cause respawning might
not work like these rules say,and they dont work so!
---------------------------------------------------------
( TEAMS: I CIVILIAN: I COUNTER: ITERRORIST:)
(--------------------------------------------------------
( CIVILIAN: I FRIENDLY I FRIENDLY IDEPENDS*)
( COUNTER: I FRIENDLY I FRIENDLY IHOSTILE)
( TERRORIST: I DEPENDS* I HOSTILE I FRIENDLY)

*=Depends what mission is about

OK,basic "rules" is done and better rules are in the mission description:

PoW=Before playin,you have to copy and rename INF_Warehouse to Warehouse. all players have to do this if they
want to play.OK,the description:Civilians are in Prisoners of War, and they are kept in the Warehouse
Its important Civilians start in the warehouse!Reds are guarding the prisoners and Counters are going
to attack warehouse and free the civilians.Civilians can leave the building any moment but when they
leave the warehouse reds are allowed to shoot civilians without mission failure.All Civilians mission
is to get into Counters underground basement to get safe.Counters get points from rescuin,one point
for each Civilian,and 1 point for killed Terrorist.Terrors get 2 points for killing a civilian and 1/2
for Counter.Civilians get 2 point for each weapon they get from Terrorists and 3 point from each terrorist
they kill(!).

This Thingy was made and written by Dark|Lotus.

All right reserved to him.

Shyo
March 28, 2004, 6:43 pm
err...what? X_x

Squidge
March 28, 2004, 6:46 pm
Yay!
Good idea, But it'll need work and more rules added.
[:D]

Dark_Lotus
March 28, 2004, 7:30 pm
Edited version from that Bad English version.

OK, I have never played CS so dont say this isnt that CS spirit that CS has.
Anyway this is SOLDAT! But anyway lets see what "rules" I have made:

DONT BE A N00B IF YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW/PLAY/KILL BY THESE RULES!!!

---------------------------------------------------------
( TEAMS: I CIVILIAN: I COUNTER: ITERRORIST:)
( CIVILIAN: | FRIENDLY | FRIENDLY | DEPENDS*)
( COUNTER: | FRIENDLY | FRIENDLY | HOSTILE)
( TERRORIST: | DEPENDS* | HOSTILE | FRIENDLY)

Short Description: Yellows are captured by Reds. Blues come and try to rescue them.

Notes before Rules: All players must copy map Inf_Warehouse and rename the copy to Warehouse. Realistic & Survival MUST be on

Rules: Reds, who will be called Terrors now on, go to warehouse before the real game starts. Yellows, who will be called Civils now on, start in the position what Terrors tell them. Blues, who will be called Counters now on, start at Alpha's Respawn.

When all is settled, the Game can begin!

Terrors goal: Kill all Counters, and keeping as many Civils not escaping to Counters base safely. To keep some balance, Terrors should not shoot Civils without no reason, they're good bodyarmor!
Shooting allowed only when not taking orders or trying to escape.

Counters goal: Get all Civils to Counters base safely. Or just kill all Terrors without harming Civils

Civils goal: Get safely to Counters base. Or kill all Terrors with bare hands [:D]

Terrors available weapons:Desert eagles,Ak-47,Steyr AUG,Spas-12,Ruger 66 and M79

Counters available weapons:HK MP5,Steyr AUG,Spas-12,M79,Barret,FN Minimi and M79

Civilians available weapons: Nothing, except if the Player group decides to let them have hidden knives...

Getting points:

Terrors: They get 3 points for each killed Counter and 1/2 points for each Civil they have left when all Counters are dead.

Counters: They get 2 points for each saved Civilians and 1 point for killing a Terror.

Civilians: They get 2 points for each weapon stole from Terrors and 2 points for killing a Terror. Civilians may give 25% of their points to Counters.

Losing points:

Terrors: -1 point for each dead Civil & Terror

Counters: -1 point for each dead Civil & Counter

Civilians: -1 point for each dead Civils. -5 points for each killed Counter and -2 for each killed Civilians.

Other notes: Counter base is the place where Alpha respawn.

Hints:

Terrors: Command Civils a lot with Taunts. Writing a command could take so much time. Don't kill Civils for nothing, they can be useful in the end.

Counters: Don't attack too soon. Get cover when a terrorist fires you, attack when all your pals are in position. Snipers and HK's are pretty useful wiping Terrors fast.

Civils: Try to help Counters in their task, by running away, or if You feel lucky, you can kill a Terror or Get his weapon. Stay alive! Obey the Terror!

Thanks for reading. Rule additions / corrections VERY welcome

Dark_Lotus
March 29, 2004, 10:25 am
Tested does this work. It doesn't. Terrors kill Civils instant.

But, I have a idea! People who have player EW Cossacks know what I am talking about.

-No-one is allowed to kill the Hostage / Civilian.

-Civilian is located upper levels of Warehouse. Lets say like level 2 - 3.

-At the start, Civilian MUST do what Terror says. Terror controls the Civilian now.

-When Counter gets into the floor when Hostage is located, without a guarding Terror, Counter gets the control of the Civil

-When Counter(s) and Terror(s) are in the same place as Civilian is being hostage, Civil is not taking orders from anyone and is not controlled by anyone. When the fight between Terror and Counter is over, the survival of the fight gains the control of Civil.

-Civil can't win

-When Counters do get the Hostage safely back, they may go back and kill all Terrors.

-When all Terrors are dead, BUT Hostage isn't safe yet, Terrors may still try to gain the control of the Civil again after Respawn.

-Hostage and Civil is the same thing.

EDIT:

-If the Civil dies, it's then a normal Survival TeamDeathmatch, the winning team wins the round.

Deleted User
March 30, 2004, 11:17 am
Quite GOOD idea, but it sounds like too much Counter-Strike, but, I'm not going to whine if you get dat workin' :)

sativa
March 30, 2004, 2:15 pm
you should have a server like this up 24/7 and let it be adminned by some personnes and i stand as an recruit admin (i just want to be one, i will study these rules like theire my babies but get a server like this with more maps, if u want ill get some maps)

Dark_Lotus
March 30, 2004, 3:59 pm
Sativa, excellent idea! You can be the Recruit Admin, as long you recruit only those You trust they don't act like an arse there.

This forums admin, please move this topic, this isn't the one for Developers corner!

And You others, Suggestions / Experiences / Complains wanted!!!

sativa
March 30, 2004, 5:11 pm
but who will get us a server? styx you? please

Dark_Lotus
March 30, 2004, 5:25 pm
More thinking like...You? Or do you know someone?

EDIT: SoldatRecruiter... That's the idea [:D]

sativa
March 30, 2004, 6:05 pm
i need someone, i don't want to pay for a server, and my pc is to slow to run a server, so if anyone can get us a server please do but i want styx he's best host u can geti guess

ReDevil
March 30, 2004, 6:05 pm
Styx might get a server, or denacke xD

Dark_Lotus
March 30, 2004, 6:06 pm
Styx and Denacke are in MD?

ReDevil
March 30, 2004, 6:07 pm
no,
Styx = admin of forum and dna server
Denake = somebody from SN who has the best server i know

:P

Dark_Lotus
March 30, 2004, 6:09 pm
ooOOoo... Let's hope 'em host the server. I keep writing other missions & making maps... Now got PoW... Ideas for the next?

sativa
March 30, 2004, 6:55 pm
well i know the perfect server for this job cause we really want a server who can host minimum 15 pplz so i want to know who host this server: club-23 CTF chillzone. the welcome message says on from dusk till dawn contact me at and then i can't read it anymore, please someone who can give that emailadress to me i reallyreally want to cantact this dude

inFECT@club.<--- can anyone tell me what comes after .

-edit-

this is what styx told me: I've no more room for servers. Pay me ?10 a month and I'll close the INF server and put that up instead

KnOt
March 30, 2004, 9:04 pm
Well, I've always dreamt of somethin like this being organised... It could be the start of something great if you can get a server up and running and admins with some common sense and maturity. Also you can't just let anyone in the server.. duh ..hehe.

sativa
March 30, 2004, 9:05 pm
it probably will be paswordid, and pplz who don't folow rules will be kick/banned for an hour if they don't obay after 3 kickbans they get banned for a month
and btw first i need a server :'(

Dark_Lotus
March 31, 2004, 10:32 am
Lol yea...An' Kn0t.. Me too, so that's why I made this!

And you people...Give me suggestions and ideas!!!

Dark_Lotus
March 31, 2004, 1:46 pm
Sry for Duble-Posting, but people who will be accepted to the server, will be:

-MD =P
-Sativa, and other Server Admins
-Me, my friends read the rules
-All people not n00bs

That means like...Most of the Soldat players.

Hey, if this works, someone could even make CS Tournament!

sativa
March 31, 2004, 4:50 pm
ok i'm now working on a server, i contacted the man of that server, he likes the idea but he's gone for 2 weeks, maybe i can set this server up even tomorow and else we'll have to wait 2 weeks unless someone's willing to make a 2 week server for us (for free of course)

edit: server settings have been mailed to the host, can't say an exact date when this server will be online

Dark_Lotus
April 1, 2004, 12:59 pm
Server settings must be:

Map: Warehouse.whatevermapfiletypethatsoldatreads , renamed from Inf_warehouse

Game Mode: Team DeathMatch

Modes: Realistic & Survival

And _NO_ auto team-balance when joined. Suspector, or whatever, will be the judges. Remember to go to starting places before the gameplay starts. When everybody is ready, then GO!

And plz only 1 civil.

ToTu
April 5, 2004, 1:20 pm
this is a good idea... does it work???

anyway a prob with the civil... if a terrorist or counter is killed the civil can pick up his gun and shoot everybody els[:D]

ToTu
April 5, 2004, 1:24 pm
*else

KnOt
April 5, 2004, 2:31 pm
This will never go far.. I've just been thinking, I mean it's so complicated, and I doubt anyone here is dedicated enough to get it going.

Dark_Lotus
April 9, 2004, 8:01 pm
Umm...Me? I can count the points as a spectator at background if you wanna set up matches.

Why would civil kill anyone? He just wants to get safe! Hey, little RolePlaying skills needed here!

darkhawk
May 2, 2004, 9:14 am
its already done but whit a flag "infiltration" its called

KnOt
May 2, 2004, 1:47 pm
..Like I said, it's not gonna happen.

Dark_Lotus
May 3, 2004, 2:45 pm
OMG!!! Your so right!

...But a flag doesn't move by himself =P

And only thing why i haven't progressed this thingy, is because Sativa hasn't contacted with a host.

TheArc
May 18, 2004, 1:19 am
damn good idea!