( search forums )
Character Editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Stealth
April 30, 2004, 3:54 pm
There have been ideas for character editors before, but I'd like to point out an idea to make a real character editor. When you click on a color for the pants it shows up on the character bitmap to the right. That way you can preview your color scheme before you actually save the character. This would be rather handy. [;)] Perhaps I'll do it myself, sounds like a project to me. [:D]

Melba
April 30, 2004, 4:21 pm
Very good idea[^]
incredible that it hasnt come to soldat yet

EMPTY
June 9, 2004, 7:31 am
can't wait. i always stuff up my color sheme showhow with out noticeing can't wait till you relese

blackdevil0742
June 9, 2004, 9:36 am
There's bin ideas like this befor.

It would be nice with a preview of the caracter.

Major Pissant
June 9, 2004, 10:05 am
I like the idea. But whos gonna make it reality.

Deleted User
June 9, 2004, 11:03 am
I tried to do it a while back, but I can't really program yet [:P]

b00stA
June 9, 2004, 1:03 pm
[IMAGE]
like that?
I made that some time ago when someone else suggested the same thing.

Hitman
June 9, 2004, 2:50 pm
Yeah, that looks awesome, should be implemented.

Alamo
June 9, 2004, 5:30 pm
I wanted that all the time but noone is listening...

whyte
June 10, 2004, 6:25 pm
Would it be possible for this feature (if anyone codes it...) to be added when soldat is registered, getting more people to register can only be a good thing.

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2004, 7:55 pm
what i want is to have a REAL charicter editor that edits gostek and shows oyu how they would look with the imgs youe made. that'd be super-cool and somebody'd actually be able to do that without any sourcecode whatever. (kinda like bot editors and alike. an indy proggy)

N1nj@
June 10, 2004, 8:03 pm
i support this idea...It would be nice if the person is on the ground. and just idling like how if you don't move, it will move around by itself...I hope you get what I mean.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 10, 2004, 8:53 pm
It would also be cool if u could chose an animation like run, prone, shoot, die, smoke, etc.

quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deef
what i want is to have a REAL charicter editor that edits gostek and shows oyu how they would look with the imgs youe made. that'd be super-cool and somebody'd actually be able to do that without any sourcecode whatever. (kinda like bot editors and alike. an indy proggy)

I think the guy who made the poa-editor was planning for an option to show the bitmaps in his editor.

Alamo
June 10, 2004, 9:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
i support this idea...It would be nice if the person is on the ground. and just idling like how if you don't move, it will move around by itself...I hope you get what I mean.

I don't think that would work because you would have to initialize the engine of Soldat in the Options screen. I don't think this is possible with out more or less work intensive coding...

whyte
June 11, 2004, 12:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by SERIAL KILLeR
It would also be cool if u could chose an animation like run, prone, shoot, die, smoke, etc.

q3a?

Chthonic Denizen
August 20, 2004, 2:20 am
This is an awesome idea, I hope to see it made soon.

Unlucky 13
August 20, 2004, 7:08 am
maybe you should try putting this into a bot editor too! but yeh, dont strees urself

Raijin1999
September 14, 2004, 11:04 am
I'd love to see this in action.