( search forums )
Server scripts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Rambo_6
April 24, 2004, 4:42 am
It's a bit farfetched, but here it goes...

Implement a small scripting language into teh dedicated server. with commands such as KickIdle(<# of seconds>). Just to stop idler's or have a command SetCampMeter(<camping time before camper get's damaged>). Or maybe a command that warns a user when he uses a specific weapon too many rounds in a row (Barret/M79 for example) it could look something like this
quote:

//start
KickIdle(60);
SetCampMeter(20);
SetWeaponLimit(barret, 4)
{
CMD:)]

SERIAL KILLeR
May 18, 2004, 1:30 am
The weapon usage thing probebly could work by parsing the kill logs but i have no idea how the campingmeter could work.

Drama
May 18, 2004, 11:01 am
|offtopic|[IMAGE]

i made that logo!
|/offtopic|

Arc, not that [:-censored] for soldat plz (über warcraft mode superX). Tho the idle kick thing is nice

b00stA
May 18, 2004, 1:45 pm
I hope you know how much work that would be.. it would rock, but it's way too much work if you want to do it right.

..don't even think about loops ;)

TheArc
May 19, 2004, 12:14 am
oy, that would be an assload of work, so i guess that an idle kick is just a fantasy >.<

b00stA
May 19, 2004, 2:45 pm
Nah, idlekick itself is easy, but it's something different if you want the user to be able to script it.

umm, a camper kick AND a idle kick? Camper kick seems ok (with a minimum of 10 seconds or something), but idle kick? Some people just don't want to talk (and that's usually better ;)