( search forums )
Small changes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Tyrs_Hand
June 26, 2004, 2:49 am
Just some stuff i thought up, if these have been said already sorry the search doesnt work

1: Medkit cool down
Basicly a 1 sec delay between getting 1 medkit and picking up another one. i just hate it when someone is escaping with your flag and you ar shooting at them, after your done they have probably made a path clear of medkits within your base.

2: Shotgun aims while reloading
Pretty basic, so you dont miss the first shot that you fire in the middle of reloading. Presently it the first shot to disrut the reload goes forward and the rest aim

3: Delayed fire
UT got it right, delayed fire on the sniper rifle. About half a sec should just about do it

4: Fog of war
Grey haze over the areas that you cant see in realistic so you at least know if you can see through something or not.

5: Even out the drops
Everyone who plays inf or ctf will probably have had this happen, red gets all the medkits blue get all the nades. Is there anyway to get it so it has and stays equil ammounts in both bases

kevith
June 26, 2004, 3:43 am
#1 - If one were to implement some sort of "medikit cool down" I think it should be more like 5 seconds or more. 1 second doesn't seem to be enough to solve the problem you're compaining about.

#2 - Kind of annoying but not really too big of a problem. Just a disadvantage of the gun I guess.

#3 - I would like to see how that would work in Soldat. I would be curious as to how it would affect the game. It seems like it would solve the "problem" of barret assaulting and/or make camping more difficult.

#4 - Isn't there an active topic discussing fog of war right now?

#5 - I think there is a more or less even distribution between the two bases, it's just that perhaps 1 team is using them a lot more often. But then again who knows? I can't be on 2 teams and at 2 places at once.

DeafBox
June 26, 2004, 4:08 am
Point 1 is awesome. That would stop ppl camping on the health. i like.

DeMonIc
June 26, 2004, 10:52 am
I think these ideas are good besides teh shotgun aim.It isn't a very annoyin thing, just live with it.
Teh fog of war..well, it would make realistic easier to get used to, but mabbe too much coding.

Element_101
June 26, 2004, 11:02 am
Realistic mode is close to fog of way, you cant see round corners.

Tyrs_Hand
June 26, 2004, 12:30 pm
The Fog of war im talking about is putting a light grey patch where you CANT see, therefore giving you an idea of what you can see through and what you cant.

As for coding it would basicly be the same the the LOS to begin with, a light grey shadding for everything else you cant see. If its programable to give the out line to begin with then it should be easy to fill in the rest.

DeepII
June 26, 2004, 5:27 pm
1: That would be GREAT! but as kevith said it should be 5sec or something.

2: Hum...I never noticed this. I think I never really used shotgun...I'll try it out later.

3: I don't know what you mean. do you mean if you click, the shot goes out half a sec later?! if you mean this: hell no...with modem you already have this situation! then it would be a sec later for me! ARGH!

4: I like this. maybe hard to code...

5: Yes, I notice this in ctf_Death really often!

Shyo
June 26, 2004, 7:20 pm
I guess he means, you have to hold fire for 0.5-1 sec until the shot goes out, I'd prefer this. but well, michal wont change anything, wait for weapon editor :/

bucky_brad
June 27, 2004, 2:15 pm
all of these ideas are great. they should be impelmented but not likly.

BlackSpear
June 27, 2004, 2:31 pm
point 1 is great becouse it would also help against those health campers!!
point 2 also is great and what i'm thinking everytime I use the gun, also it should continue reloading afther trowing a nade or rolling, isn't hard to make right??
point 3 is also a good sollution to the barret problem and also will bring skill back into the barrett!! then the barrett would be a pretty respectfull weapon to kill with!! WTF???
point 4 is discussed...
point 5 is already somewhat in the game i think but as kevith already said, if they get used more on 1 point then on the other there are less health/genade packs or sometimes even none if they are used mutch more, think this is a good thing becouse then you can't use them ALL the time as mutch as you want to becouse they are always there anyways...

Drama
June 27, 2004, 3:36 pm
Yea G ideas

DeepII
June 27, 2004, 8:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Shyo
I guess he means, you have to hold fire for 0.5-1 sec until the shot goes out, I'd prefer this. but well, michal wont change anything, wait for weapon editor :/

But why "UT got it right"?! I have UT2k4 and you just have to click once and the bullet goes out. (btw: sniper rifle sucks! lightning gun's the best[:D]!)

swanofnever
June 28, 2004, 7:19 pm
hey,
about #2: if you just tap the nade button VERY breifly before shooting, the aim will be fine/non-screwed-up.

raigan

DT
June 29, 2004, 3:47 am
yea lots of people camp on health.. i remember i shot a guy 10 times with my deagles and he keept healing so i just wiped out my law :)