( search forums )
Spawn Killing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
RocketRage
July 11, 2004, 9:54 pm
I hate people who kill people who have just been spawned. So, what could we do against them?

THIS:
In the area where player spawn, there is a imaginary shield. A small place where people can't be killed.

There is only one point: in ctf_run for example, players spawn near the flag. So that is a problem.

Discuss here, and add some new ideas, 'cause I HATE spawn killing.

N1nj@
July 12, 2004, 12:12 am
You know when you respawn, there is like half an second where you are invisible...increase that amount a little more

Alamo
July 12, 2004, 1:12 am
Yeah make it customizable. Or just make your really invisible and invincible for about 1-2s so he can get out of the worst fire.

n00bface
July 12, 2004, 2:29 am
a safe zone? like..where people could go if they have the enemy flag and don't want to be killed? BRILLIANT!!!

Hiei
July 12, 2004, 2:33 am
make it temporary like a 5 second safe zone....brilliant all hail rocketrage the guy I've never heard of.

Kazuki
July 12, 2004, 2:42 am
Or... you could just do what Ninj@ said, and we'd all be slap-happy.

Edit: Click here for an informal essay on spawnkilling.

Hiei
July 12, 2004, 3:01 am
slaphappy....*slaps kazuki* im happy i agree

societies_punishment
July 12, 2004, 7:14 am
It's a part of the game stop whinning about it and campers and barratards, if you can't deal with a detail so small then you odviously suck a$s at soldat.

I guess my advice is if they are doing it to you..... do it to them don't listen to them whine, call them a whinner and keep playing.

sativa
July 12, 2004, 12:36 pm
I was think more like a god hand: if someone spawnkills for to long he gets killed automaticly and same thing with teamkillers

Kazuki
July 12, 2004, 12:58 pm
ROFL! Good one. Pun, I don't see spawn-killing as such a small problem, especially because the number of auto users has increased greatly.

kilroy1501
July 12, 2004, 3:36 pm
make it so when you start out your invincible for a while, but make it so you cant shoot to make it fair.
and maybe make the player blink like in zelda

N1nj@
July 12, 2004, 3:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by kilroy1501
make it so when you start out your invincible for a while, but make it so you cant shoot to make it fair.
and maybe make the player blink like in zelda

I dont agree with this. Unable to shoot is not fair for the unprepare spawners. Plus, some weapons need reload on spawn (ex. m79, barret, law)

peemonkey
July 12, 2004, 5:08 pm
1-WAY-POLYS!!!! make the spawnpoints out only, so nobody can get in!!! they work for everything!!!

July 12, 2004, 11:11 pm
So that they can wait outside the one way polygons! HOORAY!

CbbLe
July 13, 2004, 7:37 am
or just jump and shoot the spawners before they shoot you..usually works instead of you stops playing and whine

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 9:46 am
You know, the only people who complain about how others are spawning them with Barret, M79...etc, ususally USES Barret or M79, because if you don't, there isn't any reason you can't fight back. Even if you are killed, you are bound to have shot the guy at least once or twice. Instead of waiting for your "Stick of doom" to reload while you get shot, how about taking a gun that actually fires before they can?

CbbLe
July 13, 2004, 10:09 am
those who uses barret and m79 can still use grenades, secondary gun and movement to avoid getting spawnkilled..usually works for me

peemonkey
July 13, 2004, 5:54 pm
i blame the irish.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 13, 2004, 8:52 pm
that was random.

Subslider
July 13, 2004, 9:23 pm
im for the 1 way poly's.. should have been implentent a few version ago..

FliesLikeABrick
July 14, 2004, 2:33 am
All these kinds of "issues" with soldat can be summed up in one quickie: If the spawn killing, barret humping, newbs, camping, or anything else was a major problem, by now Michael would have already changed soldat to eliminate those problems. Anything goes in the game, live with it. No, I am not defending any of those people, just throwing my thoughts out there. That's why i dont kick people from my server for camping or spawn killing, or sucking nor barreting all the time, and also why I don't remove certain weapons from the server.
-Brick

Kazuki
July 14, 2004, 3:24 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
1-WAY-POLYS!!!! make the spawnpoints out only, so nobody can get in!!! they work for everything!!!

I remember that idea of yours. I still like it a lot. Sounds like a revolution or something.

RocketRage
July 16, 2004, 9:23 am

That's the best way to solve the problem, imho.

SyKot
August 12, 2004, 12:33 pm
Change the respawn method.

We 1st choose the weapon normally, then when the timer is 0 we have to press a key to spawn otherwise we dont respawn.

Dark_Noddy
August 12, 2004, 2:01 pm
I think the. sec SuX now.. CoZ ppl can kill U when invisible, hehe anyways.. Should make it options IMO. Some times its fun with a FAST game like 30 kills 5 ppl and 0 respawn time... Other times it might be more suiteable with a lesser pace.. Dunno how to do it.. Now that the law has changed I dont spawnkill no more... hehe... I go away now :P

brickman
August 12, 2004, 7:10 pm
Here's my thoughts:
1) in a dm or pm or tm (the modes where you score for kills), It would be a problem if they used barret or m79, cuz you probably won't spawn in the same spot twice in a row, thus you can't keep whittling away at them and they have time to reload, and they can kill you before you even have time to reorient yourself. Esp if they happen to be near a health spawn.
2) in flag games, a spawnkiller's days are numbered due to wave respawn but he can slow everyone down very effectively. And since most ppl use barrets and m79 exclusively in these modes, which forces others with anything less than ideal skills to choose them too or always die, they are either defenseless at spawn or sitting ducks later on (assuming they aren't yet at the stage where they begin learning the subtlties that allow a dual desert eagles to defeat a sniper and whatnot).

Solution to both: make ppl be both invincible and unable to shoot for 1 second after spawnng.

PS ever try standing out in the open and trying to throw a grenade at a barret? good luck

DT
August 14, 2004, 9:02 pm
y not add a couple more secs for how long your invic when you spawn? like mabye 5 secs or 4

The Geologist
August 15, 2004, 1:41 am
I'm with peemonkey...damn irish. Oh, and there's this little thing called a combat knife that doesn't need to be reloaded...just thrown...

brickman
August 18, 2004, 10:19 pm
Oh, so you expect every single player to learn to use the hardest to use weapon in the game just to solve one problem? I never have and probably never will use the knife, and thus it isn't an option. And don't say I should expand my horizons, I have learned how to use almost all of the weapons (exceptions are I only know how to use well one of the four auto weapons and two of the secondaries).

dv297
August 19, 2004, 10:40 pm
why don't you do it like ut2004? have auto turrets spawned in the teams base? the turret only shot at enemies when they try to spawn.

idea 2- why don't you have kill poligons that only kill the enemies? you place them in the base.

ya see?

Mielos
August 19, 2004, 11:00 pm
quote:idea 2- why don't you have kill poligons that only kill the enemies? you place them in the base.

Yeah so the flagcarier can hide in the spawn forever...

One way polys combined with spawning from height like in inf_abel (i think) or more spreaded spawns. (Like in my map that sadly didn't manage to go for for esl mapping contest :( )

Liber_Lupus
August 19, 2004, 11:14 pm
[:-censored]s sake...lets just do what the 2nd post(ninja) suggested.

Essentle
August 21, 2004, 12:07 pm
right away when u respawn, boost up, throw some nades at the spawn killers, try to run behind em and kill em. if it doesnt work, try again. And then just get insane :P

Kazama Jin
August 22, 2004, 12:40 am
Revoloutions...Heh, I wonder what the next version of soldat will be..Or will there be one? Maybe will be able to shoot in the air again wit law >_> i miss that *Good Times* Or Maybe Tanks but i highly doubt that one because soldat is 2d and would be extremely hard. But i would like some new guns. Or If you could carry 3 guns instead of 2 Like...A combination of Deagles Law and Knife.
At the same time! :)

Kazama Jin
August 22, 2004, 12:41 am
Theres really no stopping Spwnkillers until one of your team mates kills them when there trying to kill you instead or you could nade him wit M79 or Deagles ;)

AerialAssault
August 22, 2004, 1:32 am
i blame the irish.
well i blame the parents