( search forums )
Gun problems
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Y2Zack
July 28, 2004, 5:43 pm
hey im kinda anewbie at this but i been having some kind of gun problems like when i use the minigun, no rapid bullets come out when i shoot like it finished then reloads again :( can anyone help me on this?

Deleted User
July 28, 2004, 6:06 pm
You ARE holding down fire long enough for it to charge and start firing?

N1nj@
July 28, 2004, 7:07 pm
the minigun takes awhile to start up, so you have to hold the mouse button in order for the "rapid" bullets to come out.

dadarkman
July 28, 2004, 8:05 pm
what kind of computer dou have? what vidiocart? what operating system do you have? have you reinstald soldat? have you got the newest version?

kilroy1501
July 28, 2004, 8:25 pm
is it only the mingun?
the only thing i could think of would be to reinstall soldat

Y2Zack
July 29, 2004, 1:26 am
oh um its not only the mingun its other guns too! my graphics gard is AGp 8x i have windows xp no i ahvent reinstalled soldat and i do got the new version

N1nj@
July 29, 2004, 3:52 am
Do you mean when you shoot, you dont see bullets coming out, but then it is acutally firing and the ammo bar is decreasing and it reloads?

If that's the case, make sure you have the lastest version (9.0b) of DirectX, if you don't you can get here. And also make sure you have the newest video card driver installed.

Unlucky 13
July 29, 2004, 7:11 am
the fix? have u got that? and do u hav any mods on? agp 8x should be good enof for soldat. umm... reinstall? or install the fix? choose!

systemfeind
July 29, 2004, 11:12 am
latest directx is now 9.0c :>

Y2Zack
July 29, 2004, 4:47 pm
i installed the fix already and i reinstalled. its good now but one thing. its messed up now! all red blanks the text :(

Hitman
July 29, 2004, 6:45 pm
Uninstall, completely delete the Soldat directory, reinstall, and reboot.

That should fix it.

Y2Zack
July 30, 2004, 3:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Uninstall, completely delete the Soldat directory, reinstall, and reboot.

That should fix it.

um i dont get wut u mean delete the directory [V]

Weed
July 30, 2004, 12:46 pm
directory = folder

Arcticflare
August 5, 2004, 4:41 am
Hey Guys!!

i have a differnt type of problems with my guns..... its really annoying
on the gun selection screen half the gun isnt showing, it only show the butt of the guns
and when playing i dont see guns in the players hand its like they are holding nothing its realy realy annoying anyone know how i can fix this?

b00stA
August 5, 2004, 1:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Arcticflare
Hey Guys!!

i have a differnt type of problems with my guns..... its really annoying
on the gun selection screen half the gun isnt showing, it only show the butt of the guns
and when playing i dont see guns in the players hand its like they are holding nothing its realy realy annoying anyone know how i can fix this?

This is the wrong topic to ask this. I'd tell you to create a new topic about this, but there have been many people that have the same problem:
Soldat only shows half my gun ?!?!?!
Cut in half Terrain
ONLY HALF A WEAPON??
i only see half of a weapon!!
GUI bugs...
What's the name of your graphics card? Savage -something-?

Arcticflare
August 5, 2004, 10:56 pm
Oh srry i was tired at the time i wrote it and i just saw hmmm he has problems tooo so thanks anyway

ummm S3 Savage 4 i think..

NightCabbage
August 6, 2004, 4:30 am
Yea, you most likely (99% chance of failure ;) won't get it working then.

Try a few different drivers, but in the past, I've worked with a lot of people with the same card, and tried many, many drivers, but to no avail.

Buy a cheap GeForce2/4 MX or something ;)

Unlucky 13
August 7, 2004, 3:42 am
TNT 2 is mine, goes better than my bro's Geforce2!