( search forums )
forum "karma" system
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SuperKill
September 5, 2004, 12:55 pm
the idea is simple:
instead of rating users from another site, forum users could rate threads\posts (something like - *=worst, *****=best) with a link near the user's name.
[more suggestions are welcome]

LazehBoi
September 5, 2004, 1:36 pm
Dude, you're getting a - for this.

Denacke
September 5, 2004, 2:43 pm
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=52 --> bettah place :o
and jeesh why are all the ratings needed?

b00stA
September 5, 2004, 2:45 pm
I could do this with the current system (www.soldatvotes.tk), but you'd still have to login there.

Dunno if there are any Snitz plugins like that..

SuperKill
September 5, 2004, 2:57 pm
hmm maybe styx could replace the titles below the usernames with links for +\- ratings ? just a thought.

and denacke this is just an idea to make rating easier.. personally i'm not for the whole thing ;P

Sekushi
September 5, 2004, 4:11 pm
I don't get why you're trying to make it better if you're not for it. Kinda silly.

AerialAssault
September 5, 2004, 4:21 pm
i think that the rating system looks tacky and stupid.

Kazuki
September 5, 2004, 4:27 pm
I think that the rating system is cool, but if you think about it, I don't think that anyone would really take their time to rate threads. I know it sounds weird, but they wouldn't. IMO, B00sta's idea about rating suggestions at soldatvotes.tk is working better than this idea would. =\ I have nothing against it, this is just my opinion.

Dathker
September 5, 2004, 4:48 pm
that would be halarious if a certain person got too many negitive votes they would a couple days bannage!!! rofl that would be great but also bad cuz i might get baned :/

SuperKill
September 5, 2004, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
I don't get why you're trying to make it better if you're not for it. Kinda silly.

cause.. currently its a bunch of pointless lines.
if it will work like i suggested, maybe people will be ranked by their contribution. or something..
hey its just an idea.

Kazuki
September 5, 2004, 7:53 pm
Yeah, ranked by contribution would be very nice. I like that idea, though I'm not sure if ranking threads would be the best way to do that.

The Geologist
September 5, 2004, 9:37 pm
I agree with that thought...ranking through contribution would me more meaningful. Also, and I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but voting on that site limits you to one vote per person? Personally, my opinion towards people changes, and one vote isn't enough if a person who once warrented a negative vote now deserves a positive vote.

CardBoardWarrior
September 6, 2004, 2:22 am
I dont see the point of the current system, anyway, no one likes me. Well at least now I know.

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 3:07 am
CBW, that's a risk that you yourself took. :)

Dathker
September 6, 2004, 2:33 pm
yeah i don't really like the current system either... i don't have the time to go and find what that website is and look for some guys name and put a minus down... unless it was more intergrated with the forum

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 8:12 pm
Dathker. www.soldatvotes.tk. Is it really THAT hard?

Dathker
September 6, 2004, 10:14 pm
YES of course you know how long it takes for me to write soldatforums.dnagames.net JESUS!!!

you are getting a big minus for that!!!

Kazuki
September 6, 2004, 10:39 pm
And I wonder how long it takes you to post. XP

Dathker
September 7, 2004, 1:58 am
rofl im just jokeing.. its takes like a minute tops cuz i don't write much and and don't type that slow rofl.... and just for that tomorrow you get a minus!!!

Element_101
September 7, 2004, 9:11 am
The forum ranking system to me is pointless and unnessary, but I may just think this because I got bull [:-censored] ranking.

DT
September 8, 2004, 3:19 pm
I don't know... but i think it would be slightly useful... slightly...
even though we already got karma now... even though my ********[V]

palloco
September 8, 2004, 5:18 pm
useful? Where is the utility?

SgtSolomon
September 8, 2004, 6:21 pm
I can see the ratings idea being a problem for noobs to soldat, but who aren't noobish. Ask a dumb question, get banned for a couple days? Bad. Bad idea. Superkill must be reprimanded by the Society of Soldat-Forum-Censoring-of-Lousy-Ideas.

SuperKill
September 8, 2004, 6:48 pm
'the f*ck you're talking about ?
get your "reprimanded" ass outta here you moron.
how many times will i have to state that i think this whole karma system isnt the best idea the forums had ?
my idea doesnt have -ANYTHING- about being banned now does it ?
my idea is all about make the votings easier, that's f*cking it.

[edit]

p.s, why would anyone get banned for a question they've asked ? (incase its not about hacks\cheats ofcourse)..
the worse thing someone would get for asking anything wrong is a bad rating, a thing which only dumbasses like you would do.

kevith
September 8, 2004, 10:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
that would be halarious if a certain person got too many negitive votes they would a couple days bannage!!! rofl that would be great but also bad cuz i might get baned :/
Apparently SgtSolomon was confused by who said the thing about bannings and it was obviously a joke by Dathker. SK's idea had nothing to do with banning.

* for SgtSolomon's post [;)]

Dathker
September 9, 2004, 3:21 am
yeah that was a joke... im a very synical person (how to spell?) teehheee

Element_101
September 9, 2004, 11:15 am
Who gives a [:-censored] what your ranking is? Honstely its really stuipid, its like were back in high school.
Even though im still in high school...

SuperKill
September 9, 2004, 12:44 pm
that's nice.. next time post stuff like that IN HERE.

Kazuki
September 9, 2004, 1:08 pm
Ok, ladies, break it up. For one, Element, you cared about your rating. In fact, you cared so much that you requested to be removed from the voting system. Secondly, we're trying to think of some way to rate people on their contributions, and if possible, it could be automatic. For example, how many stickies, how many locked topics, how many topics with many good responses (maybe the search function could search the topics automatically for words like 'nice, good,' etc. Post suggestions, not flames. Christ, you guys really are a bunch of hostiles. At first I was kidding, but now I'm taking my thoughts more seriously.

Element_101
September 9, 2004, 1:35 pm
No I didnt care about it thats why I got rid of it, I dont need a stuipid number telling me if people like me or not. Like me, hate me I really dont care. Belive it or not but there are more important things in this world than popularty.

Ok you wont a suggestion heres mine, get rid of all the whole rating system. While I appricate the work that b00sta and DNA put into it, but I think a lot of people would agree when I say that the ranking system is just another way of ego inflating, like post counts... I really dont think its doing anyone any good, but if you want to keep it, hey I wont stop you.

Kazuki
September 9, 2004, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
I didn't hate anyone on these forums up until now, now I hate you all[:(] do you know how long this emotional trama is going to go on for..
You have scared me for life..

B00sta id like to be removed from this voteing sheet until further notice, im just to hurt to take another look at the list with my name on it. [V] [V]

Point proven, but that's not what I'm here for. I suggest having a small bar, similar to the one below your name, but it should be right by the "Top" button in the lower right corner of every post. The way that how filled it would be is calculated should include things like how often you flame, or how well you contribute to ideas, etc. Similar to my other post's suggestion.

Element_101
September 9, 2004, 2:02 pm
Please tell me you could see the sarcasum in that post! thats the most sarcastic thing Ive ever writen, As as you should know being the weirdly smart 14 yr old that you are that most sarcasum usually means the opposite of what is said.

Check and mate. But as you said, thats not why im here either.

DT
September 9, 2004, 3:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
'the f*ck you're talking about ?
get your "reprimanded" ass outta here you moron.
how many times will i have to state that i think this whole karma system isnt the best idea the forums had ?
my idea doesnt have -ANYTHING- about being banned now does it ?
my idea is all about make the votings easier, that's f*cking it.

[edit]

p.s, why would anyone get banned for a question they've asked ? (incase its not about hacks\cheats ofcourse)..
the worse thing someone would get for asking anything wrong is a bad rating, a thing which only dumbasses like you would do.

how aout a noobie talking about CS and telling people to implant the evil money system!!! and mines...

SuperKill
September 9, 2004, 3:54 pm
then people who are really annoyed and stressed by it will rank him untill he gets bad karma?
still no reason for being banned.

Kazuki
September 9, 2004, 9:36 pm
Please tell me you could see the sarcasum in that post! thats the most sarcastic thing Ive ever writen, As as you should know being the weirdly smart 14 yr old that you are that most sarcasum usually means the opposite of what is said.

Sarcasm* :) I take part of your post as a compliment, part of it as an argument, and the last part of it as a valid point, but sarcasm isn't used for a purpose, which you did. Either way, I'm off the case. I won't take it to the supreme court. :)

SgtSolomon
September 10, 2004, 2:10 am
I wasn't "confused" about the post. What I was saying was that SK's idea has potential downsides. See Dathkler's post. Then see mine again. Then, consider this: maybe you shouldn't throw names around at people who you don't really know.

quote:a bad rating, a thing which only dumbasses like you would do.

After I said it was a bad idea, I included some cheap humor, which obviously threw you for something of a loop.

All said, I still think personal ratings are a bad idea, but I also want to clarify that a) I'm not a dumbass, and b) just because I think it's a bad idea and make a lame joke about it, I don't think YOU'RE a dumbass. Aight? Aight.

*edit: at the time of this post, I didn't "get it" that there was a ratings system at all. However, instead of calling me a dumbass, perhaps you could have read my post, where I called the RATINGS SYSTEM a bad idea, and thought it was being suggested by SK. In retrospect, I guess I thought he was suggesting a ratings system along with a quick-vote option. I still think that's a bad idea, because it would invite thoughtless voting. If you're gonna vote, you have to go login etc, so you have to really WANT to vote. If voting is made extremely simple, some people are just gonna go around randomly voting. Anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding - but it's still kinda lame to call people dumbasses for being new.

NOT n00bISH. NEW. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.

SuperKill
September 10, 2004, 8:50 pm
i didnt call you a dumbass for being new :|

Rabies
September 10, 2004, 9:33 pm
It aint too late for that SK

Kazuki
September 10, 2004, 11:00 pm
lol! Sorry, I just thought it was funny how all SK could come out with was one sentence, after that huge post by Sgt. Solomon. I'm not saying it was anything bad or whatnot, it was just funny.

Element_101
September 11, 2004, 10:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

Sarcasm* :) I take part of your post as a compliment, part of it as an argument, and the last part of it as a valid point, but sarcasm isn't used for a purpose, which you did. Either way, I'm off the case. I won't take it to the supreme court. :)

I dont want to argue about this anymore, I really dont but you keep bringing it back, so heres the deal I wont say anything in this post and you dont say anything in your next post ok? but still you know Im right.

And im gald you didnt take the part about you being strangely smart to offecne because now that I read back on it, I would have taken offence to it if someone said it to me.

DT
September 13, 2004, 3:22 pm
how about we give them a thumbs up or down on the message icon...

Kazuki
September 13, 2004, 4:21 pm
I was about to say: "DT STOP POSTING FRICKIN' ONE-LINE POSTS!" but this time your post was actually a pretty good idea. :P

DT
September 13, 2004, 6:18 pm
well i don't really have much else to say... i don't want keep talking about useless crap i just wana get my opinion thier...

kevith
September 13, 2004, 7:30 pm
I kind of like the idea of using a simple thumbs up/down approach...

I think it's funny watching the 2 completely different "fights" evolving in the same thread. Don't get to see that too often.

DT
September 14, 2004, 4:29 pm

[file]no.gif,12724,,[/file]

BlackSpear
September 17, 2004, 6:03 pm
man, i leave the forums for a while and everyone suddonly has some kind of karma meter below ther name.... [:-dunce][:-dunce]