( search forums )
what is karma??
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
sk8rjames
October 9, 2004, 5:34 am
im noob whats karma?

Hova
October 9, 2004, 5:54 am
Basically when you give another user a positive, or negative, vote based on how you feel towards them.

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 5:59 am
www.soldatvotes.tk if for some weird reason it doesn't work, go here, too: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=15973

sk8rjames
October 9, 2004, 6:22 am
so if u haf minus 16 does tht mean u voted negative?
how do u get ur lvl up frm private?

m00`
October 9, 2004, 6:25 am
lol..
You dont lvl up... Thats just forum ranks, it goes up when you use weapons other than the barret...

arC
October 9, 2004, 6:39 am
Sorry this is off-topic, but it seems u guys are online in the forums, is msn down for u too? I think its routine maintenance.

Err.. and yeah, im minus karma :(

Jap_man
October 9, 2004, 7:16 am
arc, yar msn is down.

Back on topic: I think karma is the ratio of your positive votes: negative votes.....i think o.O

Hova
October 9, 2004, 7:38 am
I believe that it is different.

your karma/total votes for you.

I will use myself as an example. People have voted for me 16 times. My karma is -2. That would mean people voted positive for me 7 times and negative 9 times.

Correct me if I am wrong.

LazehBoi
October 9, 2004, 8:04 am
Hova is right, yeah. That is how it goes, 27 people have voted for me in total, and i'm -3, so that means people have voted positive for me 12 times, and negative 15 times?

Weed
October 9, 2004, 8:35 am
the karma system is here only for 1 reason:
Boosta's boredom. he has a lot of free time on his hands...

Chakra
October 9, 2004, 1:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by m00`
lol..
You dont lvl up... Thats just forum ranks, it goes up when you use weapons other than the barret...

heh. Nice one dude.

sk8rjames
October 11, 2004, 6:15 am
so u use weapons other then barret so tht lvls up how? how do they no wen u dnt use barret
(barrets are gimp wepons by the way) do i have to be called sk8rjames on the actual game im called ghost...

lieroguy
October 11, 2004, 6:37 am
And as you can tell, I have no votes (as of the time of posting this). This probably means that no one cares. I like it that way, though.

m00`
October 11, 2004, 8:10 am
quote:Originally posted by sk8rjames
so u use weapons other then barret so tht lvls up how? how do they no wen u dnt use barret
(barrets are gimp wepons by the way) do i have to be called sk8rjames on the actual game im called ghost...

Yes ur in-game name has to have ur forum name somewere in it. Then the kill logs are transfered to the forum and it automatically updates ur lvl. like ur next lvl needs 1000 kills withotu barret the next one needs 5000 then the next one needs 50000 and the next need 100,000 after that its 200,000.

Good luck.. and if u use the barret a lot ur lvl goes down!

LazehBoi
October 11, 2004, 9:35 am
Lieroguy, you just haven't signed up... If you want to sign up, go to teh thread and follow n00bsta's instructions and stuff~ I'll vote you positive as soon as I can remember my password~ XD

lieroguy
October 11, 2004, 2:43 pm
Well, I'm signed up now.

Kazuki
October 11, 2004, 9:49 pm
*sigh* Let me clear this up. Karma is basically how well people like you. You go to this page and follow the instructions. If you want to sign up for being on the voting list, or sign up for voting, you should PM b00sta and tell him so. Once you are on the list, you will be available to be voted. Also, you can log in at the site, which is listed in that link I gave you, and vote for other people. The votes then determine how full the bar below your name is. The bar does not have anything to do with Private, Liutenant, etc. Those levels advance as you make more and more posts. But please, don't spam, and don't whine to others because they vote you negative or something.

Also, here's how the voting system works. I'll use -16/40 as an example. -16 is the result, and 40 is the total votes. To find out how many positive and negative votes you got...

Flip the two numbers. (-16/40 --> 40-16)
Do the problem. (40-16=24)
Divide by two. (24 divided by 2 = 12)

This means that you got 12 positive votes and 12 negative votes, plus the original result. In this case, it was negative.

Add the result to either the positive or negative # of votes. (12[negative]+16[negative]=28[negative])

After all of that, it means that you 40 people have voted on you. 12 of them voted positive, and 28 of them voted negative.

Edit: Also, your in-game playing has no effect on your forum status.

Sorry to ruin your fun, m00. ;)

karmazon
October 11, 2004, 11:23 pm
The law of Karma (Sanskrit: #2325;#2352;#2381;#2350;), or Kamma (Pali) originated in the Vedic system of religion, otherwise known as Hinduism. As a term, it can at the latest be traced back to the early Upanishads, around 1500 BCE.

In its major conception, karma is the physical, mental and supramental system of neutral rebound, "cause and effect," that is inherent in existence within the bounds of time, space, and causation. Essentially what this means is that the very being which one experiences on (say, as a human being) is governed by an immutable preservation of energy, vibe, and action. It is comparable to the Golden Rule but denies the ostensible arbitrariness of Fate, Destiny, Kismet, or other such Western conceptions by attributing absolute reason and determinism to the workings of the cosmos.

It's also short from "karmazon" XD

ps. I got new account, vote me positive [:D]

m00`
October 12, 2004, 8:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

Sorry to ruin your fun, m00. ;)

damn :p

DT
October 12, 2004, 3:23 pm
some crazy girl im my classroom said that our teachers screw up her karma....

kkazican
October 12, 2004, 9:39 pm
I think people at random just voted negatively towards me because I joined. :( But I might just be in denial. I use chi anyway so pshhht to your "karma"

karmazon
October 13, 2004, 4:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Messiah
How do you get people to vote for you anway?

by stopping double posting

lieroguy
October 13, 2004, 5:45 am
Ack. A bad way to start up for me. The first vote against me was negative, and when trying to understand how they kept track of it, I clicked negative and voted against myself. I must be a glutton for punishment or something...

sk8rjames
October 13, 2004, 6:51 am
so how do u vote?

m00`
October 13, 2004, 7:02 am
When you dont use the barret, it gives u the oppurtinity to vote, every 10 kills without a barret gives u the oppurtinity to vote for 1 person as negative/positive.

Kazuki
October 13, 2004, 2:46 pm
Messiah and Skater, you have to go to www.soldatvotes.tk . You have to log in (if you've PMed b00sta he should have given you a login name and password that you requested) to vote. You don't have log in to view votes, or people that are registered, or statistics, etc. General idea is that www.soldatvotes.tk is where you vote and get voted.

Edit: Oh, and Messiah, there's an [IMAGE] button on the top right corner of your posts, please use it. :D

Sprocket
October 18, 2004, 12:07 pm
whoa .. i dont have karma.. that sucks

DT
October 18, 2004, 3:22 pm
yea well... thats how life is... you either don't have it or have it or kinda have it but not realy...

blackdevil0742
October 18, 2004, 3:34 pm
I've got alot of carma in my ass
want some?

3rd_account
October 18, 2004, 3:53 pm
Who were these no-lifers that voted on me? I'm ranked 180 out of 182, when did I even register for voting? What have I done to these people? The only ones I offend are barretards, Urhos and everyone from usa.

Hitman
October 18, 2004, 3:58 pm
..you do the calculations..

3rd_account
October 18, 2004, 6:43 pm
Tried to, it only returned Syntax Error.

lieroguy
October 18, 2004, 7:22 pm
From my personaly expeience, people here are likely to vote negative towards you out of principle. They'll probably be voting positive if they personally like you, agree with what you say, or if they want to get on your good side.

Don't feel too bad, 3rd_account. I get the burn from most people for posting here. If it makes you feel better, I voted positive for you.

3rd_account
October 18, 2004, 8:08 pm
Yay 178! :)

Fakharu
October 19, 2004, 12:13 am
I am curious to find what problems
you have with the US, 3rd account...

DT
October 19, 2004, 3:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by lieroguy
From my personaly expeience, people here are likely to vote negative towards you out of principle. They'll probably be voting positive if they personally like you, agree with what you say, or if they want to get on your good side.

Don't feel too bad, 3rd_account. I get the burn from most people for posting here. If it makes you feel better, I voted positive for you.

ok i agree with you and everyone else...

NO

if i agree it won't be becuse of karma

sk8rjames
October 23, 2004, 10:45 pm
i still dont ge this karme [:-censored] o well so u go to tht web site log in but wat about the lvls of ur account wats tht all bout? sum1 sed kill ppl wivout barret but i hav killed heaps wivout the barret and nuffink happend how many di i hav 2 kill??

Kazuki
October 24, 2004, 1:58 am
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_account
Who were these no-lifers that voted on me? I'm ranked 180 out of 182, when did I even register for voting? What have I done to these people? The only ones I offend are barretards, Urhos and everyone from usa.

Ahaha, maybe I shouldn't have voted you positive. ;) Don't be so steriotypical, my friend. Not all of us are idiots. >_>

Also, DT, yes it's clear that you either have it, don't have it, or partially have it... but those are the only three choices. Buddy, that's a bit clear for all of us. In addition, you totally misunderstood LieroGuy. He meant to say that karma is dependent on how people can relate to you, whether it's by thought, or respect. He didn't mean that people agree with you depending on your karma, even though that's a good point.

sk8rjames - m00` was just kidding. You have to post if you want your "level" to go up. All of that Private, Lieutenant, etc. stuff has nothing to do with the actual game. The more you post, the bigger your "level" will be.

LazehBoi
October 24, 2004, 2:06 am
Lies, Kazuki rarely uses the barret and he's a Colonel. I use the barret a very very very very small amount of the time and i'm just a Captain. :D