( search forums )
invisible Bullets/LAW Rockets/grenades...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
October 14, 2004, 5:00 pm
I dunno if that has been mentioned in here already, so sorry if this is being pointed out twice ;)

for some reason (I guess its the netcode, although I dont know it), bullets/rockets/nades, actually every kind of ammunition often gets invisible when flying over a longer distance than 1 screen. You can often experience this when you suddenly explode just after you left your base on Laos, cause someone on the other side made a far-distance law shot.

Same goes with nades, that are being thrown somewhere outside your view, and are not visible when youre near and should be able to see em. (For example, when someone throws nades down the tunnel on Run, and you are just arriving, you often run into those invisible nades).

Other occasions: Ruger distance shots on B2b, etc.

This really needs to be solved, as it can really change the outcome of a game (we tied a CW because of it, instead of winning it. The cap was actually one Ruger luckshot away, when I suddenly died on the bridge before the red base on B2b, hit by an invisible ruger shot from the player following me).