( search forums )
Will the Interface Maker Source Code be released?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
N1nj@
November 17, 2004, 9:38 pm
<Topic>

Deleted User
November 18, 2004, 2:39 am
That'd be nice if it were. I imagine Michal would have to clean up the code a bit before he could release it, though.

Michal Marcinkowski
November 18, 2004, 2:08 pm
I don't know, I would have to think about it.

Toumaz
November 18, 2004, 2:21 pm
I don¨'t think that the Interface maker could be any much better than what it is like right now.

b00stA
November 18, 2004, 3:35 pm
I agree with Toumaz, but releasing the code wouldn't hurt either.

N1nj@
November 18, 2004, 9:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by ToumazI don¨'t think that the Interface maker could be any much better than what it is like right now.
The way I see it is that there is always room for improvements, since Michal don't have the time to update or make changes to it, then why not release it and let other creative programmer do some magic to it.

Elephant_Hunter
November 18, 2004, 11:34 pm
The interface maker is already very nice. There's little I could see happening to it.

Cookie.
November 22, 2004, 10:35 pm
bit by bit we will get all of michals precious code ;)

peemonkey
November 23, 2004, 12:03 am
only if the bot code is released....poohead michal hardly do anything for my bots!!!

Sprocket
November 23, 2004, 11:09 am
i don't think people will bother using the source code.. there isn't mush more to do..

Rhombus
November 23, 2004, 4:58 pm
thats what a lot of ppl thought about the mapmaker too... what about being able to put in a screenshot, so you see how it actually looks like, or making it fullscreen, so you see how big it is?

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 2:14 am
What about support for different font sizes in the interface, when using the text display? I always thought the font was too big, and maybe support for different colors could be added.

Those are just off the top of my head, and they may be small, but they're definitely things that could improve the interface maker.

Skate4Razors
November 24, 2004, 3:06 am
I think it would be nice to release the code, you never know, someone could come up with something new and handy.