( search forums )
MONEY IN SOLDAT
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Krieg
November 26, 2004, 3:03 pm
You might find this hard to believe but even in wars they have to stick to a budget all i reckon should happen is that you start with like $4000
Money bonuses
ACTION MONEY
kill self -$500
picking up nades -$100
picking up health -$30
die $50
returning flag $60
kill enemy $100
capture flag $150
score from flag $350
Weapon costs
Weapon name Price
Deagles $2000
MP5 $2300
Kalashnikov74 $2500
Styre Aug $3210
Ruger $3300
M79 $4500
Barret $7000
Minimy $5500
Minigun $6400
Socom $900
LAW $3000
Combat Knife $100
Chainsaw $200

?
November 26, 2004, 3:09 pm
Yes... thats what we have been needing all this time... thank you for giving us this perfect idea........

Liber_Lupus
November 26, 2004, 3:13 pm
go play cs darling

Magniitude
November 26, 2004, 3:15 pm
Whats the point? You already start off the game with your choice of weapons, why use the money system???

BTW, this has been suggested numourous times before.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 3:25 pm
well i play cs, and i well, SUCK, i dont know if you ever noticed but most people on cs just sit down and spray, people wouldn't spray in realistic mode due to the money amount and plus the recoil being unbeliveable uncontrolable

Kazuki
November 26, 2004, 3:40 pm
Sorry, Krieg, but Mag is right. We already start off with the weapons anyway. However, there is something called Advance Mode. It's extremely similar to your idea. Unless you've already tried it, you should go play it and see how you like it. :)

The problems I have with this idea is that...

1) As I already said, we already have Advance Mode.
2) There will be people that whine about the cost of weapons. They will be complaining about weapons costing too much and will be at Michal's throat because their favorite weapon costs more than the rest, etc. Overall, the society will be even more divided between the content players and the players on strike.
3) As most of these ideas, this will slightly ruin the simplicity of Soldat. The whole idea of the game is that a few guys go around killing each other. ... That's it.

Meandor
November 26, 2004, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kriegjust sit down and spray
I don't see the difference.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 4:04 pm
the difference is you gotta be good to get good guns, it stops people from constantly sniping, i am not saying anything about advanced mode fool, i mean this should be on realistic mode. or some other kind of mod, just cos it is suggested doesn't mean anything it could have some sort of mod made for it.

Kazuki
November 26, 2004, 4:13 pm
Well, why would you want it in the game if it is already very similar to Advance Mode?

A forum member named Lapis Lazuli is working on the Soldat Community Project. The project is all about 'remaking' Soldat using OpenGL, a different and more flexible script than Soldat's current script. The game he is working on will allow complete modifications. This means that a programmer could just make the mode you're talking about himself, just like in Counter-Strike. So, instead of trying to prove something to me with some measly explanations, I encourage you to go talk about this in the project's topic (link given above), or talk to Lapis privately about your idea. He is always open to new thoughts.

Skate4Razors
November 26, 2004, 4:23 pm
Just listen to Kazuki, it's a dumb idea... WE HAVE ADVANCED MODE!!

Kazuki
November 26, 2004, 4:27 pm
No, no, I didn't say it was dumb. ;) I just said it was unnecessary, because we already have something very similar to it, and we know what that type of gameplay feels like. It wouldn't be anything new, and it would just mean more work for Michal. I never said the idea was a bad one. In fact, with the right modifications, it would turn out really well. The only problem I have with it is that it's already been done and it doesn't need to be done again.

DeMonIc
November 26, 2004, 4:43 pm
Kreig, do you even play realistic mode?Do you love real mode?Then why ruin it?Soldat is a simple, fast paced game.And we have advanced mode, wich is 4543534 times better than this idea imo.

Blackdeath
November 26, 2004, 6:20 pm
THIS IS A VERY STUPID IDEA. No new players would be able to last in a multiplayer game. THINK before posting.

Teh Panda
November 26, 2004, 7:22 pm
omg. How much times this must be said: DONT MIX UP THE OTHER GAMES TO SOLDAT. Soldat is allready mix-up from different games, but leave it alone now.

Fangus Deef
November 26, 2004, 8:07 pm
yea, dont mix other games in soldat. now lets all grab our MP5's, DEagles, AK-74's, Steyr Aug's, M82A1's and M249's and be origional. (kidding)

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 8:31 pm
WHY? Why do you need MONEY to soldat, when we have advanced mode???

Meandor
November 26, 2004, 8:34 pm
oh, i forgot
Spawnkilling your enemy with fists: 10000$
Teamkilling the teammate that stole your cap: 500$
Teamkilling newbies: 1000$
Dolphins with laser sight hax: 999999999999999999999999999999999999999£

Pissing on your enemies: PRICELESS

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 8:40 pm
Well, *takes a deep breath*

I am always open to new ideas and suggestions, and I would much rather have people submit their thoughts rather than keep them restrained,

but

We've recently had this breakthrough techonological designed called SEARCH. It's so amazing and new, that most people don't even know it's there. That's right, folks! We're the first forum to have a search function built right in!

Now, if you want to explain your idea more, send me a PM. I'll gladly listen to your thoughts.

Michal
November 26, 2004, 8:49 pm
OK... I don't think it's very realistic that u buy weapons in the middle of a game... Is there a store? Where is it? Will maps have little shops built in? Um... no. This feature is dumb in CS, and would be worse in Soldat.

I think it's a little more realistic that you start with weapons and just choose one...

And btw, your avatar isn't showing up because you linked to your hd. Maybe you should upload it somewhere :s

ddzNappy84
November 26, 2004, 9:20 pm
I don't think this is a good idea, I read through the post and thought "That's way too much like CS..." Then I read down to find others thinking the same, obviously it's not a good idea if it seems like something from such a crappy game x_X

DT
November 27, 2004, 4:46 am
Search... and you will find... and no i don't think we need money...

FliesLikeABrick
November 27, 2004, 5:24 am
this idea isnt even open for discussion.

Jap_man
November 27, 2004, 5:56 am
lock it quickly, we dont want this idea, if we wanted it, we'd play CS rather than soldat

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 9:10 am
go get a thesaurus and look up lame, pathetic, pointless, complicated, useless, and dumb. play cs if you wanna buy your guns......

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:22 pm
michal, you buy your guns the same place were you get your guns from in normal mode, NOWHERE there doesn't have to be a shop or anything and you wouldn't spawn unless you bought a gun, and if you cant buy a gun you have to have punch ons, it would be a bit more realistic and stop people from getting stupid guns like the minigun (only when it's not used right)

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:23 pm
nadel, stfu i started this idea to get feed back not attitude

Alamo
December 9, 2004, 11:04 pm
Krieg please refrain from double posting. That's why there is an Edit-button.
We have Advanced Mode, like others mentioned before.

DT
December 10, 2004, 4:29 am
oh my god by al the topics revived why was THIS ONE REVIVED
THIS IS NOT COUNTER STRIKE!

3rd_account
December 10, 2004, 11:07 am
This is Soldat, the game where each weapon is more or less equally strong as the next. So this would mean that every weapon would cost the same, wouldn't it?

Witcher
December 10, 2004, 4:13 pm
omfg... as i see, this Forum is even more degenerated than the Official Polish one (which i find allmost impossible)... authors of such topics should be banned from the whole internet!!

Aquarius
December 10, 2004, 4:47 pm
Soldat is not a [IMAGE]in' Monopoly game.

DeMonIc
December 10, 2004, 5:39 pm
Okay, so all this anti-offensive sh!t has gotten to me, so here goes nothin'.

Krieg, this thread wasn't locked, but it sunk.The fact is, we play soldat because it is not like CS.Soldat is a simple game, and Michal tries to balance the weapons, so each gun is equal.No need for making them harder to get with money systems: and there is no need for a money system either.The fast gameplay is soldat's soul, and because of that, you won't have time buying stuff...specially if you get spawnkilled, and you can't afford a weapon.CS is CS, and Soldat is Soldat.Don't mix the two together.

palloco
December 10, 2004, 6:19 pm
Dude, this is stupid. People dont give 50$ to dead people. And a knife does not cost 100$

Meandor
December 10, 2004, 10:37 pm
http://www.knifeworks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3507
lolololol i'm such a funny person
(please let this monstrosity die :P)

Aquarius
December 10, 2004, 11:13 pm
Meandor spams ban him

Krieg
February 4, 2005, 7:11 am
omg, do you people know how annoying advanced mode is? lemme check. ok you have a choice of good but gay weapons, every secondary has a good side, and a down side. i shall chart them like i do like everything else. ok from the top secondaries, pros and cons.
Socom: PRO. fast firing. CON. Needs headshots to make people relise they are being shot
Law: PRO. Sniper of the secondaries. CON. reloading tims a b!tch
Chainsaw: PRO.Instant death. CON. target must be shouldered
Knife: PRO.can be thrown. CON. must be retrieved
like every other noob, and i shall say my ideas may be noobish, but there should be another option for it.

The Geologist
February 4, 2005, 7:17 am
I happen to like advanced mode. Just because you have some drawbacks with the secondaries doesn't call for a new game mode. The idea of money in Soldat is 1) impossible 2) useless and 3) never gonna happen.

zarstar
February 4, 2005, 9:36 am
I think that in Soldat weapons are very balanced, infact best players (like me!) play in the realistic mode..it's beautiful and really fun!
I don't tink that it can be a good idea..it haven't a good sense!

MOFO NOFO
February 4, 2005, 9:56 am
umm.. whys this (/me presses :censered: button) topic still alive

frogboy
February 4, 2005, 10:15 am
Oh, what a smart idea. This should be implemented right away.

(lock this pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, Meandor)

Jae
February 4, 2005, 10:43 am
Yes, Budget would be a good idea, then soldat would have to make login ID and password, require Registration, Make stats, ranks, and keep track of everything that happen.. It would be quite a big project.

Yeti
February 4, 2005, 12:20 pm
Its a good idea...but it should replace advance mode....I hate the randomisation. And it takes too long to get the good weapons to apear.

It may be like cs but seriously a game like cs where you dont have to wait until the next round ( except in survival mode) would be great.

Magniitude
February 4, 2005, 1:52 pm
Kreig do you post then wait 2 months before you post again, thinking that its still going?