( search forums )
Soldat Server on IRC
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Jae
December 14, 2004, 11:29 pm
I was wondering if anyone had an idea to help me with getting a mIRC script that Displays Soldat ( ingame ) Information such as Players, game info al lthat, and Being able to use commands such as !msg hey and it would show in game (Jae@IRC): hey. Ive seen many other bots out there for other games. I relize it would have to be a executive or mIRC script. This is WINDOWS BASED! Every bit of information would be very helpful. Thanks

-JAe

n00bface
December 14, 2004, 11:35 pm
I've done it in perl and php, but I wouldn't even dare try and mess with mIRC code..

Hercule Poirot
December 15, 2004, 7:06 am
hmm well i have idea how to make it work on your own server (that you're hosting) but dunno about dedicated ones

Jae
December 15, 2004, 7:49 am
Ok i sorta changed the idea, it would be neat if it was also available on Linux Such as Redhat 8.0+ . Im currently running 5 servers on linux and would like to Link some IRC bots to my irc #Channel so i can monitor games, and have mods, admins, ect MOnitor games. Also maybe a statistic BOT in those rooms. Im not sure because im not much of a elite coder. I try tho..

_thanks - Jae

toadsMoke
December 23, 2004, 7:07 pm
Jae, create an eggdrop bot module that interfaces with the soldat server using the admin sockets.
You could talk to Tank [http://games.ii.net/dev/soldatmonitor.cgi] who has already done it. It would not be a far stretch to have the bot display data into an irc channel. Actually, if you wanted to store data into a mysql to record player stats, I have written an eggdrop script that automates that type of thing. It would be quite easy to modify it do what you're requesting. PM me if you're interested.