( search forums )
Ping
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
XcaLiBuR
January 1, 2005, 7:27 am
Is there anything i can do to reduce my ping alittle bit? lower graphics, anything? Thanks!!!!!!

Deleted User
January 1, 2005, 7:56 am
get a better internet connection...

Playy on a server with a better internet connection
play on a server which is near where you are located...

lieroguy
January 1, 2005, 7:59 am
I actually considered this when I was a few years younger (14 or so), thinking that some kind of magical setting I used could reduce my ping. Truth be told, the only thing that truely makes you faster is buying a faster connection speed or connecting to a server that is close to you. An American server would be a good start.

If you have broadband, then Join North American servers, and avoid hosting games, and you should be fine. If you have dial-up, then you need to bury the speed that is allready dead. No offense, I had deail-up once before and was forced to play soldat with it, but it's really a big deal. Ten dollars more a month for five times the speed or more.

XcaLiBuR
January 1, 2005, 8:18 am
The thing that sucks, is i can't get dsl or cable were i live, and im only 15, lol. I mean, my connection is decnet enough to play. I was just wondering if lowering the graphic resolution or things like that would give me a little bit better ping

Ir0nM4iden
January 1, 2005, 10:10 am
i think such things doesnt matter.
Try to close other things with high traffic consumption. I got prozess named "srvany32.exe" and if this prozess is running i lag in soldat.

Maybe look in your tasklist if there's a strange prozess running close it :p

b00stA
January 1, 2005, 3:09 pm
optimizing your connection by morpheus

maybe that'll improve your ping/connection (less packet loss for example)

Blackdeath
January 3, 2005, 6:59 am
if that fails then a good dose of T1 will cure what ails ya

hypno
January 3, 2005, 8:42 am
yeah just a better conection would help
there is some others but i dont know em

Liber_Lupus
January 3, 2005, 8:48 am
Try Mr. Morpheuses instructions. If that doesn't help then you'll just have to accept your lousy ping.