( search forums )
Dark and light places
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
January 26, 2005, 8:08 pm
Maybe suggested before, but i didn't see it ;)

that would be cool, when you are in a tunnel, or somewhere, Your seeing would starting to decrease. When it's totally dark, you can see only yourself and 0,5 cm around you.
Here is a topic(Rambo_6's topic), where i suggested Flashlight.
Flashlight would increase your seeing, in the direction of the crosshair. (eg.: 10 is when you see everything,0 is when you see only 0,5 cm around you.
you see 10, Flashlight increases 0, then you see 10
9 --- 1 --- 10
8 --- 2 --- 10
7 --- 3 --- 10
6 --- 3 --- 9
5 --- 3 --- 8
4 --- 3 --- 7
3 --- 3 --- 6
2 --- 3 --- 5
1 --- 3 --- 4
0 --- 3 --- 3)

mar77a
January 26, 2005, 11:39 pm
*cough* Cs *cough* ... Good "idea" ... I like it!

Aegis
January 26, 2005, 11:49 pm
Sorta offtopic:FIRST of all, CS has lighting and flashlight because ALL Halflife games have it. Its part of the game engine. Also, just because something is in CS, that does that mean thats completely off limits for Soldat? "Oh no! CS has guns. Lets replace all the guns in Soldat with.. um. Blankets and Pillows!" EDIT: To make my point, I don't like CS either but you don't have to jump on everything in it like that.

But seriously. I think this suggestion would be okay to a degree, that is it would have to be a realistic only feature anyway, but that instantly makes this suggestion useless, as Realistic mode already has a special sight system and combining it with lighting would make everyone quite awkwardly blind in some areas. IMHO, this kind of lighting is unecessary and wouldn't really improve Soldat.

mar77a
January 26, 2005, 11:55 pm
Aegis = Age of Empires cheat, lol

Aegis, im not saying its a bad idea, or ripped from CS, it was just a joke to the ANTI-CS Sodlaters...Im for the idea badly...it will improve soldat A LOT!

Magniitude
January 26, 2005, 11:56 pm
^blankets and pillows.../gets working on MS paint

Yeah, flashlights would help in this scenario. Add more strategic gameplay.

zyxstand
January 27, 2005, 1:57 am
many problems appear with this idea although i like it!

b4 we get to problems i'd like to give a simpler idea: how bout a flashlight as secondary and as long as u have it selected u can see everthing in the game then u switch to weapon and have to estimate where the enemy is and u don rly need crosshair following lighting. and maybe u can drop flashlights or flares and it;'ll luminate the place for a while (flares - u could pick them up and it'll let u see everything within a limited radius - in tat case also make a swtich to b able to swtich btween clusters nades and candles)

first, a new system for lighting would need to be placed in effect!
second, r u still able to see the map?
if so it'll just be annoying in ctf games and much ezier to hide and u can't view follow ur baret shots...
thrid, can other ppl see ur flashlight while its on???
fourth, wouldn't it be better if u actually make the background color darker depending on how well u can see? (applies to flare idea)
fifth, can ur flashlight go trhough walls? cuz its hard to not make them go through wall
sixth (kinda like third) if u shine light on ppl can they see u as well??? or if u shine it on them does the person's screen get all white from being blinded????

Yeti
January 27, 2005, 5:05 am
I like the idea except for adding a flash light. One reason why soldat is so good is because it is really simple allowing for a quick, cheap ( no bashing, as in inexpensive)and overall fun time. Adding a flash light adds just another key you have to press while firing at 1 to 15 poeple whom are also tryng to slaughter you.

I suggests just having the lighting effect where as in the map maker you can simpley apply areas with certain light values....as for dark areas you can add lighter area with a a bulb scenery file. Nade explosions and flame weapons will have to make the light become alot lighter in these dark areas too....maybe we need a secondary weapon of a weak flame thrower...which would suffice as a torch and a weapon. for the moment I suggest just taking a black box scenery file..and make it semi transparent in tunnels and make it so it is over the player...thus it is darker there.

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 7:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77a*cough* Cs *cough* ... Good "idea" ... I like it!

Just for you i tell something: I never played CS

Captain Ben
January 29, 2005, 5:55 am
hmmm...
sounds good to me, though i think it would be more fun if only you and your teammates saw the light.
like if your enemies didnt, because that would add a challenge to it then.
but it wouldnt be fun if it was on all the maps.

peemonkey
January 29, 2005, 5:14 pm
*this can be done with scenery*

Harwin
January 29, 2005, 10:56 pm
Talking about Dark and Light places.

I dont like that the screen lught decreases SO much when you get a Berzerker mode, when you are on the bottom of, i think Cambodia ans get a berzerker, the screen gets 100% black. At least on my computer.

And my screen is rather old so it is already on 100% brightness.

Magniitude
January 29, 2005, 11:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77a*cough* Cs *cough* ... Good "idea" ... I like it!

Just because CS has flashlights no other game can??

Mysterio
January 29, 2005, 11:07 pm
just put 50% transparrent Black scenery in front of everything. it gets realy dark.

kwanfei
January 30, 2005, 4:06 am
GREAT IDEA!
But i think it should only used in Realistic Mode.

Yeti
January 30, 2005, 12:05 pm
Mysterio has the best idea.....a flash light will rape the concept of soldat so much that I probably wouldnt bother player it much anymore......soldat isnt doom 3 here people....its not counterstrike...its soldat - clear and simple KILL KILL KILL....none of that take flash light out put flash light back in. If anything leave it to realistic mode.