( search forums )
Speeding up upload speed for Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Vangelis
January 27, 2005, 6:35 am
Any apps, recomdations, ANYTHING on speeding up and lowering ping when hosting a game? ANYTHING is welcome. And if this isnt the right section for this kinda thing, PLEASE move it.

Hektik Sniper
January 27, 2005, 7:54 am
Get a faster connection.
Sorted.

MOFO NOFO
January 27, 2005, 12:46 pm
hes my clanmate and i think he has 1.5mbps.. so thats pretty fast o.O, look in i think report bugs or game improvements, and it tells you how to optimize your connection.

b00stA
January 27, 2005, 2:49 pm
optimizing your connection

mar77a
January 27, 2005, 3:46 pm
Okay, since this hasn't been locked, you can download a program called "Process Explorer". It's the same as "Ctrl + Alt + Del" but shows ALL the Processes: usefull for detecting any kind of trojan, hack, etc...

Download Process Explorer Here.

Vangelis
January 27, 2005, 5:36 pm
Ok Ive been trying to host games of soldat,after there is more then 7ppl in,the lag spikes every so often into the 1200s. The advertised speed that I should get is 1.5/138. Out of that I get 1300/132 so Im pretty happy with that.Things should be fine,only,I live out in hawaii,and so that contributes to high ping.With about 6 ppl, I get a decent ping of anywhere from 100 to 183. Thanks for the help. Edit* Here is a line quality test I did http://www.dslreports.com/quality/nil/1636135

n00bface
January 27, 2005, 8:51 pm
COOL!! A HAWAIIAN!! I was in hawaii a few weeks ago and they were all stuck with crappy road runner. 138 upload is non-existant though, I'm guessing you have 128 which is not very good upload speed at all. I wouldn't think you would even be able to host 4 players, especially since you're a 6 hour flight off of any continent :O

Vangelis
January 27, 2005, 9:28 pm
On the island that im on (Kauai), Roadrunner is actually quite good. Too bad they dont have the fiber optics installed where I live. They will soon, though =D. Im currently using Verizon DSl...