( search forums )
Dedicated Server Remote Admin Update (v0.2)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Ardaen
January 27, 2003, 6:09 am
Here is an update, should support windows 2000 now!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] solremote0.2.zip29.22 KB

New Command: /weapon [number]
It enables and disables weapons!
The weapon numbers are the ones you use to select weapons. Except Minigun is 10 and secondary is 0.

Also a fix to prevent ppl from throwing too many grenades and a bunch of misc. other bugfixes.

For those who dont know howto run it, info is here: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=2165

Computa_Xpert
January 27, 2003, 6:26 am
Gj -{S:S}-Ardaen =)

Ardaen
January 27, 2003, 6:39 am
lol! Go Linux!

Yup, -{S:S}-

Seems the only time I get beaten now is in clan practices [:)]

Computa_Xpert
January 27, 2003, 6:46 am
O believe me, there is more where that came from ;)

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 27, 2003, 11:15 am
lol anyway, ur proggy rocks and finally no ordinal errors and IT DOESN'T CRASH every few hours hehe will run a 8 hour test when i leave for school just to prove it ;)

Shooter
January 27, 2003, 11:25 am
I like the weapon disable, good move.

DNA.styx
January 27, 2003, 12:36 pm
(Topic made sticky)

Ardaen
January 27, 2003, 6:15 pm
Well, I think if I can reasonably easily find and fix any more crash bugs I will. Other then that I think development on this is done, unless soldat 1.10 is gonna be another year [:)] (or I come up with a really neat idea for a new feature I can easily make)

Wow I think I've gotten quite a bit from this project, maybe I'll start my on freeware game sometime [;)] it sounds like another fun challenge.

sqweek
January 27, 2003, 11:01 pm
Hey you know how I was talking about an invisible cheater that doesn't show up on the F1 list?
I think it might actually be a bug...
After you left gamespace ctf I changed teams, and I couldn't see War Guy... and everything he said showed up as my name (but only to me, AFAICT). After I logged out and came back I couldn't see Santa Claus, and then a while later a cheater came in who was invisible to me (except for his bullets, heh), but everyone else could see them.

Also, I have been on Bumpy's server before and continually got a server message like "Bad player ID 2". It didn't really seem to affect anything but I reconnected when I did get it. This was quite possibly with the previous version though...

Oh yeah and not to be totally negative, thanks :)
I can look forward to cheater free games now :)

Ardaen
January 27, 2003, 11:34 pm
I'm aware of both an invisible bug and a cheat, I've blocked the cheat (I hope) but I couldnt think of a good way to handle the bug.

It would seem there is a group of people out there exploiting some bugs they've found. I'm looking into adding a whole new set of features to this on the anti-cheat end. I thought of a fun new way to do this but it means I gotta learn a bunch of new stuff. Hopefully I'll finish before v1.10. [:)] I'm glad I make anticheats now, a much better challenge then cheating ever was [:p]

The first thing Im adding to the new version is a /restart command, no not restart the level, restart the server. On the test server I've found it still accepts admin input when it freezes up and kicks everyone.

thewooddogg
January 31, 2003, 4:49 pm
WOOT! Restart would rock!

penti
February 1, 2003, 4:01 pm
are the dll going to be open source ?

Ness_Master
February 2, 2003, 7:26 pm
Nice idea..but how does that STOP CHEATERS? I mean, they can always keep using all the guns possible until no one can play anymore because all the guns are disabled....

Ardaen
February 3, 2003, 4:10 am
Thank you for completely missing the point.

Psieonic
February 8, 2003, 5:24 am
LMAO @ Ardaen

I see you've been a busy man Ardaen. :D Well i'm back and ready to play, so i'm downloading your patch right now..... Well, I was going to. Server keeps telling me the file does not exist. :P I'm not sure if it's a bad link (I doubt it) or if the server is just cracking it cuz there's too many downloads at once or something. Either that or someone moved/deleted/renamed your file. *shrugs* S'pose you could fix it for me asap? :P

Or have you on purposely removed it cuz 1.1.1 is out now? Even if 1.1.1 does have the anti-cheat stuff now (the original point of your patch right?) it would still be good for your patch to work with 1.1.1 cuz the remote admin stuff kicks ass. (I was hoping 1.1.0/1.1.1 had remote admin implemented, alas I am heart broken.) Anyway, later man...

Ardaen
February 8, 2003, 6:51 am
1.10 does have remote admin implimented, read the commands section of the manual [:)]

I'm no longer working on my software. As for the link, ask someone like dna.styx, I didn't remove it.

I would recommend using 1.10 instead of my software since I never truly finished my work. Mine is slow and buggy in its current state. Anyway, best of luck.

Psieonic
February 8, 2003, 7:01 am
Hehe, my apologies. I've always been one to follow the philosophy "The Manual is your last resort!" I managed to get the link working anyway, installed it, just comes up with an error saying "Privelidge Instruction" then crashes to desktop when you try to start the server.

Thing is, they didn't mention Remote Admin anywhere on the news posts for 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 so I just assumed it wasn't in there. I'll go read the manual now like i'm supposed to. :P

By the way Ardaen, keep in contact. Just cuz you don't need to make this patch anymore don't mean you gota dissapear from the scene. :P See ya 'round man.

Ardaen
March 23, 2003, 10:34 pm
I'm 'round as you say, just less visible now [:)]

N1nj@
March 24, 2003, 4:02 am
what you working on now?

Ardaen
March 24, 2003, 10:54 pm
A project that I wont post on these forums out of respect for michal. Plus he has a nice big headstart on me. [;)]

Actually an old project but this game renewed my interest in the old code.