( search forums )
New Soldat Client!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 4:22 am
Hi,

I create new Soldat Client en Vb! But i dont know Visual Basic. So, I need Vb or c++ programmer for help me. Actualy, i create the form.

Thanks

Aegis
March 13, 2005, 7:31 am
Good luck with that.
You'll really need it, being a first time programmer with no experience in game dev attempting to duplicate a closed-source game developed over several years. Oh and there's always copyright and permission issues involved, specially since Michal does make an amount of money off his software. I suggest you ask the developer of Soldat first before attempting to create a secondary game client, because that would be very, very illegal.

Denacke
March 13, 2005, 9:27 am
And don't use vb for making games.

JiggaBlue
March 13, 2005, 10:50 am
quote:Originally posted by M@sterPhilHi,

I create new Soldat Client en Vb! But i dont know Visual Basic. So, I need Vb or c++ programmer for help me. Actualy, i create the form.

Thanks

'Nuff said.

b00stA
March 13, 2005, 11:16 am
No.
quote:Originally posted by M@sterPhilI create new Soldat Client
That was already enough.

Simply forget the idea, since it's almost entirely impossible.

mar77a
March 13, 2005, 2:04 pm
almost.

I agree, impossible.

STEELIX
March 13, 2005, 2:28 pm
Let me get this straight... He wants to create a new soldat client with someone else's help, in fact even letting the other person do all the work, and he himself only making the forums for it?

rusty
March 13, 2005, 11:01 pm
on the plus side, it's nice to see someone with determination and a positive attitude

Alamo
March 13, 2005, 11:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by M@sterPhilHi,

Thanks

Please excuse me while I laugh uncontrollably at you.

Optik
March 13, 2005, 11:31 pm
this should be an interesting project for about 2 secs good luck

so how'd it go ?

:D

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Alamoquote:Originally posted by M@sterPhilHi,

Thanks

Please excuse me while I laugh uncontrollably at you.

Thats what i did.

Solidarnosc
March 14, 2005, 3:09 am
Come on guys, the Dev corner isn't for laughing at people. What do you actually intend to create, Phil?

Using VB isn't that unrealistic. I mean, Michal used Delphi (not very much unlike VB). The key is in the libraries, etc. that are used. Libraries like DirectX make games like Soldat possible. I've even seen 3D good enough for games in VB. That said, it's not going to be easy.

JiggaBlue
March 14, 2005, 3:48 am
Did you read the guys post?

quote:I create new Soldat Client en Vb! But i dont know Visual Basic. So, I need Vb or c++ programmer for help me. Actualy, i create the form.

Bassically what he is saying: I need some guy to create a new soldat client, illegally, in visual basic. Then i will make a forum and say that i made it and totally discredit you. Thanks!

b00stA
March 14, 2005, 11:20 am
It wouldn't really be illegal, but it's still crazy.

Solidarnosc
March 14, 2005, 2:11 pm
Don't jump to conclusions, Jigga. I think some clarification is required before everyone jumps on the 'hey thats illegal' bandwagon. First of all, Michal could conceivably give permission to something like that. I don't think he's an unreasonable person. I think Phil's English isn't perfect and he didn't explain it well, but basically I think he intends to just create the GUI. Personally, I think the idea doesn't have much of a chance of success. For every real programmer with a real chance at making something good, there are 100 people that want to make the easy part.