( search forums )
Admin source code
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Developers Corner
Michal Marcinkowski
March 26, 2005, 10:56 am
I released the Soldat Admin source code a couple days ago on the home page. All the files can be found here:
http://www.soldat.pl/downloads/soldatadminsrc.zip

Requires Borland Delphi to compile (recommended version 6) and Indy version 8 or 9 (www.indyproject.org).

If you have any problems ask here.

Deleted User
March 26, 2005, 1:16 pm
Hooray! I had no problems compiling, and I dont even have Indy so I dont think that part is neccessary, ty for teh source!

MercyM
March 26, 2005, 3:29 pm
Hurraaa! I wish I could code. U.U

grand_diablo
March 26, 2005, 10:29 pm
wee, go Enesce and make the Ubermultifunctional-shortcutstuffed-andstillhandy-admin tool :D

MercyM
March 27, 2005, 7:19 am
Let's just leave him alone, and wait. ;]

KeYDoN
April 21, 2005, 10:57 am
jeah thats what i needed vor my servermanigin tool, coded in delphi too.
refresh command now i understand it :D

Michal Marcinkowski
May 10, 2005, 5:01 pm
There's a little error in the source code (thanks to KeFear).
I commented the part that sends the password. It's line 170:

///
try
Client.WriteLn(Pass.Text);
except
end;
///

Just uncomment it and it should work fine.

KeFear
May 15, 2005, 5:36 pm
Is there any way to get the spectators' data? As they aren't in the REFRESH packet as far as i know.

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 7:38 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearIs there any way to get the spectators' data? As they aren't in the REFRESH packet as far as i know.
Yes they are in the REFRESH packet, their team ID is set to 255, which MM's admin client ignores.

Just change this:
if RefreshMsg.Team[i]<5 then

Into this:
if RefreshMsg.Team[i]<256 then

Or somthing more optimized...

KeFear
May 16, 2005, 10:25 am
ah okay, thanks, it works now.

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 12:13 pm
What is SHUTDOWN command for?

When I say SHUTDOWN to server it just stops, but the process is still running, port 23083 is opened. Can I shutdown server (and its process) by command?

It will help me to change game modes like "on the fly". To change game mode I change soldat.ini and then I have to put file "restart" in soldat directory on the server via ftp. There is script which runns every 5 minutes and checks this file "restart" in soldat dir. If it finds this file it kills "soldatserver.exe" process. And soldatserver.exe starts immideatelly (as it is running as service) with new settings.

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 12:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by logrusWhat is SHUTDOWN command for?

When I say SHUTDOWN to server it just stops, but the process is still running, port 23083 is opened. Can I shutdown server (and its process) by command?

It will help me to change game modes like "on the fly". To change game mode I change soldat.ini and then I have to put file "restart" in soldat directory on the server via ftp. There is script which runns every 5 minutes and checks this file "restart" in soldat dir. If it finds this file it kills "soldatserver.exe" process. And soldatserver.exe starts immideatelly (as it is running as service) with new settings.
No, you cannot do this through soldat admin port.

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 7:52 am
So... What is this command (SHUTDOWN) for?
Michal! It will be very nice to have an opportunity to shutdown (not to stop) the server.

Michal Marcinkowski
May 30, 2005, 7:54 pm
It is supposed to shutdown the server but it doesn't. It closes everything and then there are some threads that are still active, I'll fix it some day.

KeFear
June 5, 2005, 8:13 pm
Is there any command for timed bans? Like if the server kicks and bans someone for high ping, it removes the ban after 15 minutes or something. So, is there a command for that?

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 7:55 am
Hmm I get errors with this: Client.Writeln(Pass.Text);. It doesn't seem to have Writeln as a variable.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 18, 2005, 1:25 pm
You probably have a different version of Indy, I think I used Indy 8.

sizz0rz
June 26, 2005, 7:16 am
So with the source code now available to the public this allows end users such as me to make custom programs/scripts for soldat that we can share with the community?

Knowledge of what is needed just Delphi/Indy?

Thx

Messenjah
June 26, 2005, 1:36 pm
As far as I can see, Soldat server works over TCP/IP, which Indy supports, so you can use it with any language Indy is compatible with.

KeFear
June 26, 2005, 2:52 pm
I think only the admin port works on TCP, the game itself uses UDP, but that's not so important.

@sizz0rz, yes, you can use the source code to make better programs for soldat (check my ARSSE for an example - i made it based on mainly the released source code)

But you don't have to use Delphi, you can write it to almost any language.

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 2:34 pm
Thought u said u wouldn't give out the source code. Besides, i may be a game maker, but my program sounds a lot simpler than this....Game maker 5.

Dark_Noddy
October 28, 2005, 4:07 pm
This is the admin sourc code.. for the Soldat admin app. not for the game itself :)

Deleted User
October 28, 2005, 9:37 pm
Ohhhhh.....I get you now.