( search forums )
Players getting ping kicked (was: help me)
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
faimok
April 4, 2005, 1:09 pm
i've opened a window server for days~
i found that there are many people who is high ping kept getting in
i 've already set the max ping is 200
after those people come in
my console keeping pops up "XXX gets a ping warning"
and after a while "XXX has been kicked and banned for 15 minutes"
but i want to stop them before they enter
what can i do??
sorry for my poor english

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 1:12 pm
There is nothing you can do... you cant get their ping before they join, illogical...

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 8:38 pm
Eventually they'll get the picture and not join your server. Once they realize that you've set the ping cap so low, they won't rejoin. Set a Server Message that repeats to tell them this. Eventually everyone will hate your server and you can play on your own, lag-free, because I hate people who set ping-caps so freaking low.

Denacke
April 4, 2005, 8:45 pm
I also set it very low such as 200 to 150 for our public. I don't like playing against laggy players :). Besides, it isn't a problem if you are from the same continent :)

UltraMagnus
April 4, 2005, 8:48 pm
i hate people that set ping caps low

mainly cuz when im hoasting a server (with ping cap at 1000) and my friend who lives in the same city joins he gets a ping warning....

n00bface
April 4, 2005, 9:20 pm
and I hate people who have friends who use 56k. Here's the answer to your question:
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe
There is nothing you can do... you cant get their ping before they join, illogical...
In other words, it's not possible. You could make a script for SARJ that grabs their Ping as soon as they join the game and kick them instantly if it exceeds your ping limit (More info on SARJ here.)

Btw, anyone who continues the debate on ping limits will have their post deleted. Start a topic in the bash pit if you want a discussion on it. Danke sehr.