( search forums )
Two bugs concerning bullet statistics
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
b00stA
June 11, 2005, 7:51 pm
The bullet statistics are awesome, however there are 2 things I noticed:

1. If you kill someone, the statistics appear. However if you shoot his dead body again, the statistics will be "updated". This can be quite confusing, as the numbers just keep changing if you're using an automatic. I suppose it should stay at the final killing bullet.

[IMAGE]
I was playing on the circle ricochet map from last beta with Kazuki and we tried killing with lots of ricochets. Well, it works fine (6 seconds :) however the distance is wrong.
Do you measure the distance from the current position of the player and the position of the body? Maybe you could change that somehow.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 11, 2005, 8:05 pm
It is measured from the initial bullet point and the killed person, if it is wrong it needs a fix.

Tha Doggfather
June 11, 2005, 8:13 pm
Yeah so that explains why ricochet shot distance are displayed wrong. It's not a straight line anymore when a richochet happens.

grand_diablo
June 11, 2005, 8:34 pm
Na, im fine with the way it is. I dont care what distance the bullet flew, Im more interested in how far away the enemy was :p

Kazuki
June 11, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
1. If you kill someone, the statistics appear. However if you shoot his dead body again, the statistics will be "updated". This can be quite confusing, as the numbers just keep changing if you're using an automatic. I suppose it should stay at the final killing bullet.

quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Oh, also, the air distance and measurement screws up if you get multiple kills with one bullet. I'll try to get a screenie later.

That might be the same problem. when this happens, I'm always using an M79, which causes splash damage. When the bullet hits one of the bots (they're in a clump), it kills almost all of them, and maybe there is confusion because of the amount of calculations done.

Meandor
June 12, 2005, 2:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloNa, im fine with the way it is. I dont care what distance the bullet flew, Im more interested in how far away the enemy was :p

I agree, to know how the bullet flew, there's already the airtime, so I think it should stay like it is now. If anything, there should be another statistic like 'course' or 'coverage' to represent the distance the bullet covered before hitting the enemy. It's not really important imo, though some knife or m79 die-hard fans might appreciate it :P