( search forums )
Sound Volume bug + Secondary Weapon thing
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
MisterX
June 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
When you lower the sound volume, the volume of the fire sounds are lowered far too much, so that you possibly can't even hear shots from 2 meters away anymore.

And it is possible to start without a secondary weapon if you didnt pick one now.

grand_diablo
June 11, 2005, 8:55 pm
ehm, if you choose a secondary weapon in the "Player menu", it works without problems. If you forget to pick one there first, you might respawn without, if you dont select it in the weapon popup menu ingame.

MisterX
June 11, 2005, 8:57 pm
For sure, but it makes no sense to start without one ;) In 1.2.1 a secondary is selected automatically I guess, so that it isn't possible to start without one. It might also be that it's only possible to start without a secondary before you've chosen one for the very first time, I couldn't try this out now.

Cookie.
June 12, 2005, 1:54 am
quote:Originally posted by MisterXFor sure, but it makes no sense to start without one ;) In 1.2.1 a secondary is selected automatically I guess, so that it isn't possible to start without one. It might also be that it's only possible to start without a secondary before you've chosen one for the very first time, I couldn't try this out now.

To be honest I love the idea of not having a secondary weapon
For me probably other players too I tend to pick up weapons to avoid reload times or to counter other weapons and the fact that I had to throw away my secondary to grab another gun can really slow you down or the thrown secondary can get in the way... just my thoughts
leave it so you have to pick in the menu :P
Edit.. I can't deselect my option in menu :'(

Please include an option to not choose a secondary weapon

Michal Marcinkowski
June 12, 2005, 12:35 pm
Cookie: That's not a bad idea.

MisterX
June 12, 2005, 2:36 pm
Hehe, that's just what I thought about when posting about the bug(?). But than on the other hand I didn't like it, because I think then MANY people would be running around with 2 primary weapons all the time. For sure you can also do this at the moment, but at least in my opinion it's very unfair to people who don't (want to?) carry 2 primary weapons all the time. Well, honestly I don't like the idea of having 2 primaries at all, but at the moment people rarely do this, so I never really complained about it.

N1nj@
June 12, 2005, 4:23 pm
But I don't want to keep choosing my secondary everytime I start a new game. I think we should just stick to what we had in 1.2.1 and add another option in the secondary weapon section to blank or "----------"

so when you open up the dropdown menu, u get this:

[code]------------
USSOCOM
Combat Knife
Chainsaw
M72 LAW
Combat Knife[/code]