June 11, 2005, 8:38 pm
w33 a htf (hold the flag) map

PS: I think htf maps should have a "htf_"-tag

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/htf_FirstBlood.PMS

Screen:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/htf_FirstBlood.jpg

red / blue dots = spawnpoints
yellow dots: returnpoint/possible spawnpoints of the yellow flag at the beginning

make it teh official :P

Chakra`
June 11, 2005, 8:44 pm
Looks nice. Really good actually. Could even be a CTF map. (in fact it probably was seeing how quick you did it)

But i'm not sure. When playing CTF we often have to retrieve flags held by the enemy while we have theres. Wouldn't a map like this just be like that?

Can't say I know what's best yet for HTF, but maybe it should be more DM style maps, where the flag holder would usually be best moving around for a lack of a safe spot to camp, with his team mates defending him as he goes.

Otherwise, beautifully done, very well constructed, fairly designed and fecking top notch guv. Honestly can't wait to give it a spin.

grand_diablo
June 11, 2005, 8:47 pm
Well, this map is based on speed, this means that the flagger will always have to be on the move, as the bases are open and not save at all + there is no enclosed way.

Im not 100% sure either how this will work out, but at least the concept seemed nice in my imagination ^^

b00stA
June 11, 2005, 9:47 pm
Yup, nice map. Hopefully we'll test it later :)

quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloPS: I think htf maps should have a "htf_"-tag

I'm not sure about that. Would you list only htf-maps in the HTF menu? That would prevent (you can avoid though) you from playing HTF on, e.g. jungle.

grand_diablo
June 11, 2005, 9:55 pm
you could still load em via the mapslist or /map X

- map updated (slight layout change of lower part, more jetfuel)
- mapscreen updated

N1nj@
June 11, 2005, 10:29 pm
I don't think hold the flag should have htf_ in front of it, since you can apply it to any maps like dm and tdm.

But one thing I would like is to do HTF with 3 or 4 teams (Charlie and Delta), kinda like tdm. That would be loads of fun IMO.

Denacke
June 11, 2005, 10:31 pm
You can't apply it to all game modes though, so It shouldn't be there..

Michal Marcinkowski
June 12, 2005, 12:24 pm
There would be too few maps if only HTF maps where listed, unless you make them quickly ;).
The map concept reminds too much of CTF. Maybe think of something completely different?