( search forums )
Modifying Weapons
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Sekushi
June 11, 2005, 9:54 pm
The whole thing is great, it's really fun shooting streams of m79s at others, but there's something that's a bid odd. When the admin in control of the server (with the modified weapons) and changes the weapon configuration, you have to rejoin the server in order to have the changed effects. I'm guessing this is because you load the weapons when you first join, and that's that - you're stuck with those weapons until the next game you join.

This could also give players an unfair advantage. For instance, in a DM with 10 players with modified weapons, if the weapons were to be changed in the middle of the game, it would be in your hands to decide whether to keep your weapons with their current configuration or not. Where it becomes a problem is if the modifications to the weapons knocks down their performance and make them weaker, and someone keeps the previous configuration, giving them an upper hand.

So, onto my question. Is there some way that it can be changed so that the when the weapons are modified by the admin that the new weapon data is able to be sent to all players without rejoining? I think it would save some time, and take out the annoying task of rejoining when the weapons are changed. :)

EDIT: Also, b00sta claims that the admin has to kill himself in order to have the changed effects, also. Just to keep that in mind.

Chakra`
June 11, 2005, 10:03 pm
Maybe it would be best if changes weren't possible mid-game....think of the hacking possibilities. [/paranoid]

Bags of fun though! http://img212.echo.cx/img212/6098/thethingsthatarepossible7yz.jpg

Michal Marcinkowski
June 12, 2005, 12:21 pm
Yeah I forgot to do it, the server should update the players with new config. The anticheat can detect cheating if you have wrong weapon settings now.