( search forums )
alt+F4
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
KnOt
June 12, 2005, 1:09 pm
In all previous versions i've played, i've always been able to close soldat during game-play by pressing alt+F4 .. It's just a fast way of closing the game for impatient people like me.. However, in this version I have problems with that.. The game closes alright, yet my screen resolution doesn't change back to normal (icons,fonts,are really big), I have to change it manually.. After changing it back to normal, I tried to open soldat again, but I couldn't :O I got one of those 'Error initializing 3D hardware' pop-ups .. So, I restarted my computer, and was able to open soldat again.. then I closed it normally, and re-opened it a few times without problems.. Then I tried closing it with alt+F4 and had to go through the same thing all over again, and was forced to restart my pc in order to open soldat again.

Does this happen to anyone else? Could it be the '-Fixed alt+F4 doesn't make a screenshot' Thing causing it now?

Michal Marcinkowski
June 12, 2005, 1:33 pm
It seems the game does not shutdown correctly with alt+f4, it needs a fix.

KnOt
June 12, 2005, 1:44 pm
I wonder what brought this on? It always used to work. By the way, i'm an idiot.. You don't have to restart your computer to be able to open soldat again .. You have to end the process from your Task Manager.. Tis quite annoying though :Q