Modify hit point power ratio
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Cold Fusion
June 12, 2005, 7:59 pm
Back in 1.2 the hit point ratios were changed to:

head shot was: 110% is: 120%
torso shot is: 100%
leg shot was: 80% is: 90%

Now I think this is an appropriate time for me to put forward a change to this. Now that the speed of the bullets affects the damage done, I think that the 30% difference between hitting the head and hitting the leg is much much too big.

At the moment, one of the main parts of killing your enemy is getting above him. That way you can shoot down, hence your bullets will be faster causing more damage, as well as the 120% hit points.

I think that reducing the difference between the ratios, such as in the example that follows, would allow more variety in the gameplay and open up new routes once more.

Head shot: 105%
Torso: 100%
Leg: 95%

Either that (1.1.x style), or a straight 100% across the board like in 1.05b.

Of course, this would also make weapon editing easier because you won't have to allow so much for head and leg shots, which make a massive difference.

Now is the best time to try out these, in the alpha and beta testing stages.

*Cold Fusion*

Chakra`
June 12, 2005, 8:21 pm
I concur.

BManx2000
June 12, 2005, 9:34 pm
Or there could be body part damage settings.

Ta-2
June 12, 2005, 10:24 pm
I agree.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2005, 1:59 pm
>> Now that the speed of the bullets affects the damage done
Its been like this since Soldat day one. ??

Changing the bullet hit ratios is a dramatic change. What's wrong with hitting someone from above? It's a tactic.

palloco
June 13, 2005, 3:52 pm
This is the reason of people being annoyed with automatics. Spraying damages more than shooting the enemy in a duel, because you always spray from upper ways and you rarely will hit legs because now there is the ricochet

Cold Fusion
June 13, 2005, 4:02 pm
Sorry, I meant this one:

- Modified physics - player speed affects bullets speed

When you're above the person, you'll going to get gravity on your side, as opposed to the person below you who is shooting up against gravity.

Regardless, having minimal difference between the head and the torso would allow more tactics and variety.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 4:51 pm
The idea in both Soldat and real-world tactics is that the guy with the higher ground has the advantage. Play smarter, not harder.