( search forums )
Server issues
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
grand_diablo
June 12, 2005, 8:32 pm
First at all, I cant say if those bugs result from the serverhost, which seems a bit crappy atm, or if its a server issue. needs to be checked, still.

1. Laaag!
Very often players seemed to be somehwere, and suddenly they apperead somewhere else, most of the time at the opposite of their movement direction. Example: We played HTF on Nuclear and where in the middle tunnel. Demonic was covering me with a barret, shot Kazuki, then it seemed as he moved forward to the middle, and so did i. two seconds later he was suddenly behind me, still sitting with the barret where he was before.
Also, sometimes no hit at all seems to count for a short period ~5 seconds max, it seems like pause mode. At the end of such a period players warp "back" to their true positions usually, but not always.

2. time limit screwed!
Strange time limit issue: I joined the server and Tower was played atm. I get map ending differences up to a minute sometimes (and no, the point limit was not reached). I guess its not a problem with the server directly, cause this happens with older server versions and 1.2.1 too, depending on where the serv is hosted.

3. respawntime command doesnt work
eventhough I changed the respawntime to 4 seconds via the server command, I still got 5 second respawns, even after rejoining.

b00stA
June 13, 2005, 8:13 am
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo3. respawntime command doesnt work
eventhough I changed the respawntime to 4 seconds via the server command, I still got 5 second respawns, even after rejoining.

Maybe you mixed up normal respawn and team respawn?

KnOt
June 13, 2005, 10:20 am
Yup.. I hate all these bugs, that warping thing happens very often.. Has anyone ever noticed seeing 2 LAW missiles from 1 LAW ? It's like 1 is a future version of the other 1.. Lag ?

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2005, 2:08 pm
It seems like the serverhost is laggy, what pings did you get?

FliesLikeABrick
June 13, 2005, 4:01 pm
pings in mine were very low, average of about 70 for 3 players. They seemed oddly low though... esp considering pienne was showing a ping of about 40 i think, and he is half a world away from me