( search forums )
Just a few things I'd like us to check out
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
Chakra`
June 13, 2005, 1:04 am

The list of changes is quite substantial. Hard to browse through them all while absorbing it in.

Don't know about you but I kinda skimmed over it and took in the basics first time round. Anyhow, after a good bit of testing so far, I think we should pay attention to these other minor and major additions.

------
- team player names appear on screen borders (F2 key turns this on/off)

Does it work? Yet to try it. Just curious.
------

------
- Added reason and voter displayed on map or kick vote

Is there a limit to the amount of characters/words used?
------

------
- Added penalty time in Infiltration and HTF when teams are uneven (points are added

every 5 seconds + 2 seconds for every uneven team member)

- Added penalty for capture points in Infiltration when teams are uneven (30 points for

capture - 5 points for every red team member more)

I think it's time we got our infiltration-hats on.
------

------
- Added running Soldat mods through "-mod" parameter ex. "Soldat.exe -mod HarryPotter" -

loads all graphics, sounds and txt files from folders in Soldat\HarryPotter)

Should download a graphics/sound mod, see if it all works.
------

------
- Added file "Soldat\Txt\font.ini", allows to change in-game font (useful for mods and translations)

Just to be safe, i'll have some fun with it later.
------

------
- Modified survival mode round ends when everybody on team is killed in CTF and capture

point is added for winners
- Modified in survival mode all players and flags respawn after round end
- Modified player joining a survival mode game is dead until end of round

Also time to give Survival mode a spin.
------

------
- Fixed Advance mode cheat allowing to pick a disabled weapon with the keyboard

just to be sure, does it work?
------

------
? - Fixed server host bullet hit boost effect

Soon as non-dedicated server works, lets check it out.
------

------
- Fixed time does not flow if game is paused

interesting..
------

N1nj@
June 13, 2005, 1:24 am
- F2 does work for turning on/off the team player names, also the team players name is bold-er if they are closer to you

- apparently from -RaveN`tP-'s discovery if you have more than 30 char, it display a 'R' as the reason or blank, more info here

- font works smoothly

- advance mode bug is also fixed, just tested

- the rest we need to do some more testing together

Cookie.
June 13, 2005, 1:46 am
I have been playing around with the survival mode and alot of the problems seem to be fixed in regards to players being frozen alive and the rest not respawning :) I still havn't tryed everything though

N1nj@
June 13, 2005, 2:15 am
htf + survival = not working

Kazuki
June 13, 2005, 2:40 am
In addition to Ninj@'s post, the server host bug has been fixed as far as I can tell. The first thing Amblin and I did was play in his non-dedicated server and he didn't warp or move any faster than he should, except, of course, because of the bullets pushing him, which happens normally in every server to every player.

I just found out that the timer does still run if the game is paused in a dedicated server. I'll go make a thread about it.

Edit: Also, we found out that the penalty against the Alpha team does not work in Infiltration.

KnOt
June 13, 2005, 1:09 pm
I tested survival mode out with bots.. It all seems to be working fine.. Although i'm not sure if the ' Modified player joining a survival mode game is dead until end of round' thing works.. Obviously when I added new bots they were able to play straight away.

Also, gj adding this Michal : ' Modified survival mode round ends when everybody on team is killed in CTF and capture point is added for winners' Whereas before , if everyone was dead we'd all have to wait for the survivor to manually cap.. (could get a little frustrating)

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2005, 2:17 pm
KnOt: It might not work with bots correctly but screw them ;).
Survival mode is pretty enjoyable now.

The big question is: did enyone get a gun jam?

Meandor
June 13, 2005, 2:33 pm
I haven't gotten one since the 1.1.x versions. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what else..

BManx2000
June 13, 2005, 2:41 pm
I haven't gotten a gun jam, but I've gotten plenty of knife jams.

DeMonIc
June 13, 2005, 5:46 pm
One more thing: does file logging log kill distance/airtime/ricochets?

Psyl3ntShad0w
June 13, 2005, 5:50 pm
i dont see distance/airtime/ricochets in my kill logs, so im going to go with no on that one.

N1nj@
June 13, 2005, 9:17 pm
I got knife jams once in awhile also, no gun jam tho.

Chakra`
June 18, 2005, 6:36 pm
Have we given infiltration (with uneven teams) and survival mode a real spin on a server without bots? ..just wondering. Can never be too careful.

KnOt
June 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
I've tested the infiltration thing out properly with someone else.. It works. I don't think there should be any problems with survival mode either.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 18, 2005, 7:03 pm
I discovered some infiltration, survival bugs. We can test it more in the next beta.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
- Added running Soldat mods through "-mod" parameter ex. "Soldat.exe -mod HarryPotter" -

loads all graphics, sounds and txt files from folders in Soldat\HarryPotter)

Should download a graphics/sound mod, see if it all works.

Found a bug, still testing it. I think its okay though.