( search forums )
Taunts Problem
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
N1nj@
June 13, 2005, 2:19 am
I set my prone key to 's' right, and when I do alt+s, it sends the taunt that it was assigned, but it also makes me prone...

Kazuki
June 13, 2005, 2:25 am
That was there before. It was known as the problem in which Soldat would do the action of the last letter that you pressed. For example, if you type "wtf" real quick and submit it, your soldier will drop his weapon because of the F.

Hitman
June 13, 2005, 2:27 am
quote:For example, if you type "wtf" real quick and submit it, your soldier will drop his weapon because of the F.Yup.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 13, 2005, 2:04 pm
I tried fixing this in the last beta but it made more problems. I'll think about it maybe again now.

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 4:06 pm
hmm Michal, I think there should be an option for the old system of taunts and the new system
there might be many missclicks on taunts.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 16, 2005, 11:35 am
People will get used to it (I hope).

MisterX
June 16, 2005, 2:36 pm
I think it's better the way it is now. At least for me, when I'm taunting in 1.2.1, I send my taunts right after having pressed the button for the right taunt anyway, so even when I press the wrong button then, I wouldn't notice that I made a mistake before having sent it anyway. Guess it's alright.
But I really hope the bug wich makes you go prone and things like that when writing the letter used for it gets fixed, since it can be very anoying. For example you run after the enemy flagcarrier, would be able to catch him, just report the position of him and dang, you prone, and a second later the flagcarrier has gone.

grand_diablo
June 16, 2005, 4:30 pm
Definitely needs to be fixed. There must be a solution (maybe like making the game wait for a key input for X (=time) after pressing Alt, means the next key pressed after Alt within X will be used as taunt only). Dunno how hard this would be to realize in Delphi.

N1nj@
June 16, 2005, 8:42 pm
Doesn't this taunt system works the same way as throwing the flag away. When I press 'E' and 'F', i dont throw my nades or drop my weapon. So isn't there a way to fix this?

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 10:30 pm
What if there could be a key that would bring up a taunts menu, which you could click on/press a key for rather than the way it is now?

For example, 'T', click on "Enemy Flag Carrier> Down" or 'T', '2'

Michal Marcinkowski
June 16, 2005, 10:32 pm
Yeah but sometimes you do throw your weapon.

grand_diablo
June 16, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliWhat if there could be a key that would bring up a taunts menu, which you could click on/press a key for rather than the way it is now?

Replace "T" with Alt and it is basically what I suggested :p

A menu would ugly with longer taunts, so I guess the key solution would do it... we already have a taunt key ^^

MisterX
June 16, 2005, 11:34 pm
Imho such a menu would be very, very unnecessary. What are taunts ment for? For sending messages as fast as possible(!). And the way it is now is simply the fastest way. I would agree to such a menu if it was an option, but what for? What would be the advantage? After some time you'd know where the messages are in the menu to click on, and then you'd click as fast as possible. Then again, you could still make the mistake of clicking on the wrong message, just like it's possible with the keys at the moment. At least for serious use in clanwars and such, a menu like this isn't needed imho. It could be in games you play for fun, like when you play on a public server, and then mostly for people who either don't play Soldat that often or don't use taunts that much, but I think the priority on a "to be programmed"-list for something like that would be pretty low compared to other good ideas that came up so far.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 3:16 am
That's why I suggested that you be able to press the key of said taunt. It'd be just like pressing alt+s or alt+whatever, but it'd be alt - then - the key, so that there'd be no simultaneous key-pressing issue.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 10:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliWhat if there could be a key that would bring up a taunts menu, which you could click on/press a key for rather than the way it is now?

I like this idea a lot.

Sekushi
June 17, 2005, 7:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalkyquote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliWhat if there could be a key that would bring up a taunts menu, which you could click on/press a key for rather than the way it is now?

I like this idea a lot.

This limits you to 10 taunts. 1-0, anything else would require letter keys, and we'd be having the same problem we do now.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 8:48 pm
Other keys could be used, Sekushi; the menu system would be just like the weapon-select. This could even give you more taunts as they could be divided into categories by the user, such as 1 - Offense, 2- Defense, etc. each with their own taunts.

N1nj@
June 17, 2005, 11:27 pm
I don't like that menu system, takes too much time to actually send taunts out.

If Michal can fix the bug we are having right now, that would be so much better IMO...