( search forums )
problems with soldat lately
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
m00`
June 14, 2005, 9:48 am
Okey I have lately been having problems with soldat, the beta and the normal one, I have a 2.8ghz 1gb ram computer with a GeForce 3 Ti and soldat seems to be going incredibly slow at the menu, this is how its like, when I press a tab on the top it goes to it within around 3 seconds and after around 10 seconds the tab highlights and within that 10 seconds i cant click anything in the area i am at. when i clik the exit button it takes around 10 seconds to exit too, does anyone know whats wrong? This started happening around 1 month ago or so, I dont remember installing anything that could've done this, all other games work perfectly fine... Michal, or anyone know whats wrong?

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 10:14 am
That's always been a problem for my pc. When I install soldat it works fine, but every time I run it, it gets a little bit slower..its really annoying.

b00stA
June 14, 2005, 1:17 pm
eyic, try re-installing Soldat, close programs running in the background or disable your anti-virus. I don't think that's the reason though.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 14, 2005, 2:20 pm
It's seems like its loading stuff while in the menu. Maybe try defragmenting your disk or disabling/enabling virtual memory?

Chakra`
June 14, 2005, 2:57 pm
Not the most technical person, but what about the 'backbuffer' option in the config.exe?

Michal Marcinkowski
June 14, 2005, 3:03 pm
No that's not it Chakra:).
What if you run it in windowed mode?

m00`
June 15, 2005, 1:45 am
ill try everything you guys said when i get home, im at school right now

edit: tried everything except for the virtual memory thing coz i am pretty scared if i touch anything with that stuff, thanks anyways :_:

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:23 am
I find windowed mode is perfectly normal, everything runs at the right speed.

Just fullscreen... :(