( search forums )
Beta teams
Soldat Forums - Misc - Soldat Beta Testing
DeMonIc
June 14, 2005, 5:02 pm
I think we should settle the beta teams already. This is the topic for it. As I see it, we'd need a few team leaders, who'd chose their own team. Or we could let players arrange it between themselfes. After a team has been settled, someone please post it's line-up here. We'll arrange matches on the beta testing chan, so everyone, please use IRC.

Incase anyone has forgotten, this is the beta chan:
#soldat.beta @ quakenet, pass: Wolf3d

Meandor
June 14, 2005, 5:18 pm
What we have so far

betards
me
n00bface
knot
Outcast
Urhos
GD
(pretty much iD.. kekeke :D)

the good ol' (e)cpa/cpw (clockwork panda army) > http://www.turrino.com/soldat/ECPA/
Chakra
As soon as we have at least two active teams we should settle for a date/time.

SuperKill
June 14, 2005, 5:21 pm
i could join the team that has less members.

Meandor
June 14, 2005, 5:29 pm
We were looking for about 4 teams, so you could make one.

Bugs Revenge
June 14, 2005, 7:54 pm
I could join as a member..
(Tunnel attacker, can also be up but... )
However, I don't think creating teams is a smart idea.
I think it would be better just like a gather in the same moment.
since some of the team could be unable to play while the other team has full lineup online.
think about it.
if u actualy creat teams there should be only two and those would combine all the sort of players - auto gunners, barrets, m79ers , DE and ruger.

June 14, 2005, 9:24 pm
Teams? Pah. Let's have some rambomatches.

m00`
June 15, 2005, 1:47 am
screw teams, i dont think it would work very well anyway, meeting up in the channel and starting a game without worry about any of the teams stuff is a way better idea :]

FliesLikeABrick
June 15, 2005, 3:33 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`screw teams, i dont think it would work very well anyway, meeting up in the channel and starting a game without worry about any of the teams stuff is a way better idea :]

N1nj@
June 15, 2005, 4:02 am
someone changed the fuking key to the channel...

[23:00] * Attempting to rejoin channel #Soldat.Beta
[23:00] * Unable to join channel (need correct key)
[23:00] * Attempting to rejoin channel #Soldat.Beta
[23:00] * Unable to join channel (need correct key)

Kazuki
June 15, 2005, 4:24 am
Nope it's still Wolf3d. It has to be put exactly as I just typed it. It's case-sensitive.

n00bface
June 15, 2005, 5:54 am
well then what is the point of clans in soldat if we can all just meet up in irc...
beta teams have been a beta tradition since..err..well since the last beta, so nyah.

m00`
June 15, 2005, 7:01 am
n00bface are the beta teams gonna have wars on whos gonna get the most bugs? theres just no point...

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 7:20 am
Teams help keep everyone in direction and focused, and teaming people up with those in their area will help us set up games and matches together.

m00`
June 15, 2005, 7:27 am
alright then i guess ;]

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 11:44 am
quote:Originally posted by StickyTeams? Pah. Let's have some rambomatches.

KnOt
June 15, 2005, 11:47 am
This is all to help us simulate real cw's and really test out the weapon balance. Or at least that's how it should be.. ¬_¬

FliesLikeABrick
June 15, 2005, 12:43 pm
alright well if you want to have teams to organize people by region and free time or something, im free weekdays after 6pm est, and im in NY. weekends im free at night if im not doing anything, but i cant guarantee anything. during the week works better

Bugs Revenge
June 15, 2005, 2:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by KnOtThis is all to help us simulate real cw's and really test out the weapon balance. Or at least that's how it should be.. ¬_¬

well, that's right..
but.. I personaly have problems with the servers since most of them r in the U.S.. and it's high pings.. :(
anyway, I think another good way to simulate it is just a kindof gather..

DeMonIc
June 15, 2005, 2:45 pm
Sk's beta server is in europe man.

N1nj@
June 15, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiNope it's still Wolf3d. It has to be put exactly as I just typed it. It's case-sensitive.
I know that, but I think someone changed it or something. And I couldn't get in. Now I can anyway, so nevermind

SuperKill
June 15, 2005, 9:43 pm
guys, by teams he means teams for a few ctf games to test the new weapon settings.

?
June 15, 2005, 10:38 pm
Well we wouldn't need set teams just make sure all the weapons are in use by people that are experienced with the weapon they are using, or at least basicly familiar.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 16, 2005, 11:37 am
What weapons settings do you want to test? The current ones, or maybe modify them a bit (maybe like DeMonIc suggested? http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=24318&whichpage=2)